IGNORED

Season Tickets - Holden appointment?

PFree

Out of interest, if Holden is appointed, how many ST holders if available, would want their money back? Secondly, are we able to get our money back?

I speak for six of us who most definitely would want to pull out and have a refund. We've ummed and arred about not renewing over the last three seasons but always have. Sad part is we've been ST holders for approaching 25 years hence we have pretty much always renewed out of loyalty being honest (SC seasons apart to be fair).

I have to say though that we haven't looked forward to coming to the Gate fir football in a long time, sad reflection I guess.

n.b. I have written to supporter services to request cancellation advice but as yet, no response.

This must be a bit of a grey area. Normally if you buy a season ticket you can’t get a refund, but that’s on the basis that the club actually allows you into the ground to watch the matches. If you are not allowed into the ground (eg for Covid reasons) the contract between you and the club must be void so you should get a refund. Without reading the terms and conditions I’m not sure if City has a get out clause for things beyond their control, but as City offered a refund for matches at the end of last season it would be difficult not to do it this season for matches where spectators were not allowed into the ground 

My decision will not be altered by who the manager is, it will be decided by the value of the Robinstv offering that comes with playing behind closed doors.  The Rugby equivalent was announced yesterday and I thought it was not very good VFM.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

My decision will not be altered by who the manager is, it will be decided by the value of the Robinstv offering that comes with playing behind closed doors.  The Rugby equivalent was announced yesterday and I thought it was not very good VFM.

That offer is about 2019-20 season which restarts on 15 Aug.

As others have said in any normal season there would be no chance of a refund. However this time round I’m pretty sure they may have to offer one as part of the COVID contingency plan.

I would predict Option 4 being extremely popular this time around if Holden really is appointed. There’s no way I will be paying £10 per match to watch relegation fodder.

17 minutes ago, !james said:

If you've paid up front, no you can't get a refund it's in the terms and conditions, pretty black and white. 

Direct debits are a bit more of a grey area! As unsure what the impact would be if you cancelled it. 

On other words, we've got your money, don't care if you don't want Holden as Head Coach, another cheap option, and yet I paid mine in full in March, like many others, 

27 minutes ago, PFree said:

Out of interest, if Holden is appointed, how many ST holders if available, would want their money back? Secondly, are we able to get our money back?

I speak for six of us who most definitely would want to pull out and have a refund. We've ummed and arred about not renewing over the last three seasons but always have. Sad part is we've been ST holders for approaching 25 years hence we have pretty much always renewed out of loyalty being honest (SC seasons apart to be fair).

I have to say though that we haven't looked forward to coming to the Gate fir football in a long time, sad reflection I guess.

n.b. I have written to supporter services to request cancellation advice but as yet, no response.

I support Bristol City not Dean Holden or any other manager for that matter. Makes no difference who is in charge for me 

28 minutes ago, !james said:

If you've paid up front, no you can't get a refund it's in the terms and conditions, pretty black and white. 

Direct debits are a bit more of a grey area! As unsure what the impact would be if you cancelled it. 

Fairly certain you pay to see 23 games. If CV-19 stop you attending....I’m sure you can request a refund 

Your not getting what you paid for 

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Fairly certain you pay to see 23 games. If CV-19 stop you attending....I’m sure you can request a refund 

Depends, Cardiff have told people paying for season tickets they won't be getting a refund even if they can't get into the ground at all

29 minutes ago, !james said:

If the club cannot provide what you paid for. Ie attend home games they will be under severe pressure to give a refund. If they start stating terms and conditions as far as I’m concerned they can do one.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm not talking about covid related refunds. The OP was asking for a refund if he didn't like the choice of manager. 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Irrespective of Holden being appointed or not (the former of which would likely push people into requesting refunds), the club are really stuck between a rock and a hard place  on STs. They don’t know when we can come back, and creative thinking is needed to keep fans engaged. I put this on a thread earlier and think it’s what the club should do - on that basis I’m not holding my breath...

There is obvious sympathy to the club - and all clubs - here in that they’re looking at a moving target. They don’t know if fans will be allowed back, when, and to what extent. However, to go all Rumsfeld, there are a few “knowns”

- We know that fans won’t be allowed in at season start

- We know that when they are, it is likely to be at reduced capacity, and not all ST holders can be facilitated - and they won’t be in “their” seat 

With these in mind, what I’d like to see the club offer is the following two options for ST holders (with respect, everyone else is irrelevant at this stage as the club can’t facilitate them to attend)

1. A refund is offered but the supporters “seat” remains attached to them and then at the point attendances can return to normal, they’ve not lost their seat. They’re offered the opportunity to “reactivate” the ST when capacity allows. Games purchased on individual basis through Robins TV

2. A refund is not given, but the supporter gets every game through Robins TV. These supporters are prioritised to attend when regulations allow

In effect, our chicken:egg problem is that we have too many ST holders to meet any reduced capacity mooted in Oct/Nov/Whenever. I think you’d get enough takeup under (1) as that protects ST holders rights to mean that the number in (2) ends up being about right and workable.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Depends, Cardiff have told people paying for season tickets they won't be getting a refund even if they can't get into the ground at all

Perhaps someone with more legal knowledge than me could clarify but couldn't you just make a "money claim" against the club through the court system? 

Presumably you'd be blacklisted from ever buying tickets again though. 

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Fairly sure there will be one or two consumer laws that may say otherwise 

2 minutes ago, !james said:

I'm not talking about covid related refunds. The OP was asking for a refund if he didn't like the choice of manager. 

Yeah but surely he wouldn’t be that daft to ask for a refund for that reason....

....would he?

2 minutes ago, Kashmir said:

Thumbs Reaction GIF

I’m not saying that to be high and mighty. I have sat through enough mediocre piss poor football over the years. But i won’t write someone off straight away. I will be the 1st to admit i thought cotterill would be a disaster but gave me one of the most enjoyable seasons i can remember. I will just wait and see 

Archived