IGNORED

Season Tickets - Holden appointment?

PFree

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Fairly sure there will be one or two consumer laws that may say otherwise 

Yeah but surely he wouldn’t be that daft to ask for a refund for that reason....

....would he?

I’m reminded of John Lennons reason for returning his MBE 

“In protest against Britain’s involvement in the Nigeria-Biafra thing, our support of America in Vietnam and due to Dean Holden being appointed head coach in 52 years time”

4 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Perhaps someone with more legal knowledge than me could clarify but couldn't you just make a "money claim" against the club through the court system? 

Presumably you'd be blacklisted from ever buying tickets again though. 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Fairly sure there will be one or two consumer laws that may say otherwise 

Yeah but surely he wouldn’t be that daft to ask for a refund for that reason....

....would he?

The person is a Cardiff supporting friend of mine, they said they'd spoken to someone they know who works with legal stuff and because Cardiff said it upfront its essentially part of the T&C's

28 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

That offer is about 2019-20 season which restarts on 15 Aug.

See, I know nothing about Rugby, had no idea the season was restarting. ???

18 minutes ago, Cardy said:

As others have said in any normal season there would be no chance of a refund. However this time round I’m pretty sure they may have to offer one as part of the COVID contingency plan.

I would predict Option 4 being extremely popular this time around if Holden really is appointed. There’s no way I will be paying £10 per match to watch relegation fodder.

£10 per match is way OTT in my opinion when you can get an overseas pass for £110 for roughly 40 games!  If you’ve paid £500 for a LS ticket, it doesn’t seem fair.

I’m not of the opinion that we should appoint Holden but I also don’t think that appointing him is going to be any worse than keeping LJ. In fact he could do a better job of it. You just don’t know and unless you really aren’t out spending all the other clubs in your division, you can’t know.

When you buy a season ticket for City you are always taking a risk that you are going to be buying into a shit season of football but you love the club so that is why you do it.

I’ve never been a season ticket holder but I would buy one of my personal situation allowed.

It’s more than just who picks the team

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The person is a Cardiff supporting friend of mine, they said they'd spoken to someone they know who works with legal stuff and because Cardiff said it upfront its essentially part of the T&C's

They could write all manner of things in the T&C's but it doesn't mean they'd stand up to a challenge.

Would certainly be interesting. 

I purchased my ST for next season prior to the pandemic and won't be challenging the T&Cs. I view it like betting on the ante-Post favourite who is then pulled out of the race the day before the event. Not that I would withdraw because of a particular head coach anyway. I follow City and think of myself as a supporter not a fan. 

We have two ST and won't be asking for a refund. The club need support with finance. I am fortunate that covid has not impacted my job. Therefore, I'll stick with it

Just hope the club extend some support for people who've lost jobs or fallen on hardship

A little support will go a long way 

For me it wouldn’t be because of the Holden, I’ll back him 100% if he’s appointed. He’d be mad not grab the opportunity with both hands & good on him.

But, I am beginning to question how the club views the fans - the lack of communication from club is not particularly encouraging.

Despite his faults LJ filled the void of not really hearing from MA/JL/SL & gave it a human touch.

The vibe from the club is very disengaging at the moment, if appointed we need DH to be the figure to try & connect us.

I’ve been supportive of the club & ownership & never really understood the grief they at times get on here but since March they are coming up short as a leadership group.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My decision will not be altered by who the manager is, it will be decided by the value of the Robinstv offering that comes with playing behind closed doors.  The Rugby equivalent was announced yesterday and I thought it was not very good VFM.

Think the rugby tv deal is complicated by BT sport involvement, leading to increased costs. BT are televising every remaining game and not keen to share the feed.

People wanting their money back based on a managerial appointment alone, before a ball is even kicked, is odd.

do people think the appointment should be made by a season ticket holder vote?

maybe Chris houghton is saying things that aren’t right for our football club, maybe we are saying things that aren’t right for him

maybe Holden is very highly thought of even though his name is not out there as being so

maybe the players we have available really really like him and are enthused about the idea of him as boss? That’s got to hold some weight, and should do when you can’t buy a whole new team

in a time of economic uncertainty when a large percentage of football clubs face the potential for huge losses, maybe this does make sense for now? Maybe we will be surprised that in an enforced circumstance something great comes out of it?

so many heads need a wobble on this forum

32 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

10 us who pay by direct debit will stop our direct debits and seeking a refund, we will probably double Yate Towns attendance overnight.

Next season you would be valued at yate Town at Bristol City you are just a customer I think I could watch local parks football next season which probably wouldn't be any worse than what I've watched at Ashton gate for the last 2 seasons 

17 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Next season you would be valued at yate Town at Bristol City you are just a customer I think I could watch local parks football next season which probably wouldn't be any worse than what I've watched at Ashton gate for the last 2 seasons 

Of course you would it would double their crowd at that shit hole!

23 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

People wanting their money back based on a managerial appointment alone, before a ball is even kicked, is odd.

maybe Chris houghton is saying things that aren’t right for our football club, maybe we are saying things that aren’t right for him

maybe Holden is very highly thought of even though his name is not out there as being so

maybe the players we have available really really like him and are enthused about the idea of him as boss? That’s got to hold some weight, and should do when you can’t buy a whole new team

in a time of economic uncertainty when a large percentage of football clubs face the potential for huge losses, maybe this does make sense for now? Maybe we will be surprised that in an enforced circumstance something great comes out of it?

I agree with a lot of what you’ve said. What can’t be forgiven though is how long this is taking though and with the building up of expectations from what little interviews have been done.

I don't get it?  Why are season tickets exempt form the 2015 Consumers Rights Act?  I haven't purchased a season ticket for a few seasons, so I am not directly affected,  but i cannot believe that a customer is not entitled to a refund if they have a legitimate reason.  As the Act states, customers have rights?

1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

We have two ST and won't be asking for a refund. The club need support with finance. I am fortunate that covid has not impacted my job. Therefore, I'll stick with it

Just hope the club extend some support for people who've lost jobs or fallen on hardship

A little support will go a long way 

I wouldn't hold your breath........? ?

33 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Gregor did say that Holden had important support so maybe the players have been vociferous. I could fully understand if we needed to cut back financially and/or couldn't agree with other candidates on terms regarding budgets. I'm sure we will get an explanation of sorts. Only thing I am worried about is how attractive we will look to potential signings. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

See, I know nothing about Rugby, had no idea the season was restarting. ???

£10 per match is way OTT in my opinion when you can get an overseas pass for £110 for roughly 40 games!  If you’ve paid £500 for a LS ticket, it doesn’t seem fair.

Agree, that is OTT and the fact I paid over £500 for my card but get offered the same as someone paying much less seems a bit harsh maybe?

I didn't mind last time but for this season I'm not so keen just to give them money for nothing. They're not the only company struggling. 

It's not like City are the only thing in my life and I'll just give them money unconditionally. I might want to give some to my favourite pub, Indian restaurant, massage parlour that might all be struggling 

22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I don't get it?  Why are season tickets exempt form the 2015 Consumers Rights Act?  I haven't purchased a season ticket for a few seasons, so I am not directly affected,  but i cannot believe that a customer is not entitled to a refund if they have a legitimate reason.  As the Act states, customers have rights?

So if you buy a ticket with EasyJet, do you feel you should have the right to choose the pilot?  Would you demand a refund if it wasn’t the pilot of your choice.

if you buy a season ticket it’s to watch football matches, not to pick the manager.  Get a grip.

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So if you buy a ticket with EasyJet, do you feel you should have the right to choose the pilot?  Would you demand a refund if it wasn’t the pilot of your choice.

if you buy a season ticket it’s to watch football matches, not to pick the manager.  Get a grip.

I think if the pilot was totally unqualified and had never flown a plane before I should be allowed to cancel...

28 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Gregor did say that Holden had important support so maybe the players have been vociferous. I could fully understand if we needed to cut back financially and/or couldn't agree with other candidates on terms regarding budgets. I'm sure we will get an explanation of sorts. Only thing I am worried about is how attractive we will look to potential signings. 

All the players had full support for Steve Cotterill,it didn’t stop SL sacking him. 

I get angry when I think what SL did to SC, he gave LJ a bloody contract extension when he was on a really bad run of results. It’s clear that it’s not how good a manager you are under SL, it’s simply whether he likes you or not. 

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

Perhaps someone with more legal knowledge than me could clarify but couldn't you just make a "money claim" against the club through the court system? 

Presumably you'd be blacklisted from ever buying tickets again though. 

Could do with some legal knowledge on getting last season’s refund! Still waiting and getting a call from Jerry just about every week!

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You are misquoting me, may i suggest that you should consider getting a grip? At no point did I allude to Holden, I was making a general point, and was more interested in the crowd restriction aspect, or in fact  that no spectators could be allowed in at all.  It is you who are manifesting spmething out of nothing.........so put that in your Easyjet cockpit?  ?

Archived