IGNORED

Season Tickets - Holden appointment?

PFree

2 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

As much as I'd be absolutely pissed off with a DH appointment, I'm not going to have a hissy fit about it.

No exactly, disappointing decision, though I see some loose logic, any refund would be based on attendance at games, though overall no particular passion at present, so will just watch it on TV (which in my opinion was well done)

Reading the posts on this thread there are clearly posters who have sympathy for the situation the club, ‘our club’, finds itself in.  The same scenario  can be applied to every other professional or semi pro club in the land.

The pandemic is here for a while, perhaps, and a big question is  when will we supporters get inside to watch. The first half of the season unlikely,  possible the second half of the  season?  Who knows how this will play out, vaccine or not ?

I hate watching on the TV with no crowds, no atmosphere, the cup final and the play off final seemed so lacking and sterile.  I did not enjoy Robins TV at all. 

So, do you leave your funds with the club and try and watch your team on that Robins TV  to support your club, or if you simply have the view you hate it, and are simply fed up with events  at BCFC do you cut and run.  

Initially my view was to leave it and see what happens but I have for the first time become pretty p1ssed off with the never ending saga of appointing a new HC, and contrary to what SL said on Talk Sport  the club would appear to be reneging on what he said.  DH is a cheap option, but one understands in circumstances why. 

If you cannot see games a refund must be an option, as it was before.  If you dislike Robins TV  and have no confidence in the club take your money. No one can blame anyone who takes that option.  

3 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Pretty sure they will give similar options as per what they offered at the last part of the season. Details should be forthcoming on the next couple of weeks you would think, but then again we are talking city here, so probably the day before the season starts!

I still haven’t got my season ticket credited from last season so I won’t hold my breath.?

15 hours ago, Lrrr said:

The person is a Cardiff supporting friend of mine, they said they'd spoken to someone they know who works with legal stuff and because Cardiff said it upfront its essentially part of the T&C's

Just because something is in T&Cs, doesn't trump other legislation E.g. just imagine t&cs like this:

'By agreeing to these T&Cs, you are signing all your rights away'

Stuff like this wouldn't stand up in court.

People paying by direct debit have probably signed a Credit agreement so credit consumer act kicks in and I suspect that no amount of jiggery pokery in the T&Cs can trump that. This is why I pay for my stuff on a credit card. The people who 'might' get turned over are those who paid with a debit card but even then, I suspect that they have certain rights.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what happens. If DH is appointed, I'll be pissed off but that doesn't affect my decision about having bought a ST. What I'm interested in is this: Just what are the arrangements for ST holders who can't attend matches due to covid? I'd expect RobinsTV to be part of any solution but I'd like to see what the other options are. What they should be doing is putting their ideas out now rather than dragging things out and letting things fester due to rumour control turning things into a shit fest.

Come on City, start talking about the arrangements for next season and stop dragging this manager appointment out.

Christ, some of you really need to get a grip here.

We all renewed season tickets when LJ was in charge, the football wasn't very entertaining and home form had been poor for 12 months.

If the players are unified in believing they can thrive under Holden and have made their views clear to the board, of course the board will listen.

It might be a case that Holden is exactly what the club needs, none of the complicated over analysing that LJ seemed to love, just some simple back to basics football and let the feet do the talking.

Was I expecting a high profile/name manager, yes. 

Am I going to throw a wobbly because the club might go for the manager that suits where the club is right now? No.

All this talk of refunds, boycotts and what have you... Just ask yourself, are you REALLY a supporter, or just a supporter who withdraws support if, armed with no knowledge of the candidates and what they can bring to the party, doesn't get their own way. 

Just to be clear, I was hoping the club appointed someone with previous for getting sides promoted from this division (like Danny Wilson managed to do), but past performance is no guarantee of future success.

Regardless of who is appointed as manager, I will be looking for a refund for my £525 Season Card as the streaming service will certainly not warrant the cost.

I'm not planning to spend any money on streaming, although I MAY be tempted to watch the odd game later in the season - IF City do well and are challenging.

12 hours ago, Stedge said:

I still haven’t got my season ticket credited from last season so I won’t hold my breath.?

Same here! Jerry was calling and giving regular updates, but haven’t heard anything for a couple of weeks. Sent emails, but nothing back.

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We all renewed season tickets when LJ was in charge, the football wasn't very entertaining and home form had been poor for 12 months.

If the players are unified in believing they can thrive under Holden and have made their views clear to the board, of course the board will listen.

It might be a case that Holden is exactly what the club needs, none of the complicated over analysing that LJ seemed to love, just some simple back to basics football and let the feet do the talking.

Am I going to throw a wobbly because the club might go for the manager that suits where the club is right now? No.

All this talk of refunds, boycotts and what have you... Just ask yourself, are you REALLY a supporter, or just a supporter who withdraws support if, armed with no knowledge of the candidates and what they can bring to the party, doesn't get their own way. 

Just to be clear, I was hoping the club appointed someone with previous for getting sides promoted from this division (like Danny Wilson managed to do), but past performance is no guarantee of future success.

Would you continue to use a restaurant that you have a personal loyalty towards despite a poor product??

It's funny that some of the fans that ask for a refund (which I agree due to covid) will be the first to complain that they can't get a ticket when they open up the stadium later in the year potentially.

I won't be cancelling due to Dean Holden's arrival but maybe if Covid drags on I'll just use the streaming service. I won't be pulling a hissy fit if I'm not first on the list though in that case.

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I class myself very much as a supporter Rob who has spent god knows how many thousands of pounds supporting this club. Last season didn’t take the refund option wanted the club to have it. But I want a refund for me and my sons season tickets for this coming season if that becomes available. I have no problem with Dean Holden. 
Also Robins TV is shit 

My Lansdown Stand card isn't looking particularly good value if I can't attend next year, regardless who's managing us.

What I'd like them to do:

• Publish a price for the streaming per game - say £5
  • Tell you how much your seat in the ground is worth per game (assuming we can get back at some point)
  • You have your balance, if you opt to stream a game they minus £5, if/when we get to return they minus the remaining games x your seat price
  • Any remaining balance at the end you can choose to refund or give to the academy or whatever

I can't see any other sensible way of them doing it that's fair no matter where your seat is, and when they don't know how many games we'll get to see and in what manner.

13 minutes ago, shepton red said:

Would you continue to use a restaurant that you have a personal loyalty towards despite a poor product??

There is no saying the product will be poor though. It will be different to the product that was previously poor however.

Might be better, might be worse. We just don't know. And as a supporter, I shall do just that. Support.

I wouldn't be looking for a refund on the basis that we'd appointed x or y as manager. You pay in February, as we did, and you take your chance. I've rarely attended all the matches in a season and usually pay more for our STs than I would if I paid per games over the season.

But anyone with health concerns is going to struggle to get to games this season whether fans are admitted or not. The streaming service is ok, could be better and sells for considerably less than a seat in the ground. So I'd be interested in communication from the club as to options, and sooner rather than later.

And can we cut out the 'hissy fit' 'get a grip' 'are you really supporters' nonsense and show a bit more respect to fellow City fans. I doubt that would be said to people's faces. No one who is posting on OTIB and is a City season ticket holder should have to justify their supporter credentials.

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

There is no saying the product will be poor though. It will be different to the product that was previously poor however.

Might be better, might be worse. We just don't know. And as a supporter, I shall do just that. Support.

Can only make judgment on games Holden was in charge, and for the most part,(apart from Middlesbrough game) was very much a continuation of Johnson’s style , tactics, and even subs were the usual baffling style of Johnson.

Didnt enjoy the streaming or football played and found myself half watching whilst reading a paper.

17 hours ago, !james said:

Direct debits are a bit more of a grey area! As unsure what the impact would be if you cancelled it. 

Unless something has changed massively in recent months it’s not a grey area.

If you’ve entered into an agreement with a company for a product to be paid over a fixed period of time I wouldn’t just cancel the direct debit if I was you.

Its a different matter if they consent.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Great post mate, sums up exactly how I feel.  Absolutely spot on.

I wouldn’t be looking for a refund on the basis of manager. If that was the case I wouldn’t have signed up for next season with LJ in charge. 
However the club needs to think very hard about what they offer for COVID refunds. A lot of good will has been lost 

I emailed yesterday morning to find out where I stand on my direct debit if I chose to cancel.

No threats, polite etc and have not had a reply. But rude really.

Like others I am concerned about lack of funds and don’t fancy 6 months or whatever of robins tv.

Do I just cancel and have to forego the 2 months I have paid? Will I be blacklisted if I did that? Don’t want to but if they won’t respond it is hard to know what to do.

4 minutes ago, Meh said:

I emailed yesterday morning to find out where I stand on my direct debit if I chose to cancel.

No threats, polite etc and have not had a reply. But rude really.

Like others I am concerned about lack of funds and don’t fancy 6 months or whatever of robins tv.

Do I just cancel and have to forego the 2 months I have paid? Will I be blacklisted if I did that? Don’t want to but if they won’t respond it is hard to know what to do.

It's the lack of information/communication that is so frustrating.

It's like EVERYONE at Ashton Gate has either been made redundant or gone away on holiday for a month!

2 hours ago, mossey said:

Can only make judgment on games Holden was in charge, and for the most part,(apart from Middlesbrough game) was very much a continuation of Johnson’s style , tactics, and even subs were the usual baffling style of Johnson.

Dunno. In some ways yeah, the lack of proactive substitutions v Stoke eg, but the fact we moved to 3 at the back get like a good chance to reset as far as starting points goes. 

Benkovic getting a run was decent.

Less so was the fact that after the initial novelty factor he kept with a CM/Midfield 3 of Smith-Weimann-Paterson. That needs tweaking for one, balance doesn't feel quite right there IMO.

IF he could build on what he did well and iron out the bad bits- though my preference is for someone else to perhaps do this, ie a new manager then maybe. 

Weimann could partner Wells or play a bit off him maybe -Weimann-Wells assist-goal x 2 at Middlesbrough feels encouraging. Combinations moving forward?

Drop one of Paterson or Diedhiou depending on the opposition but I feel we're one light in CM with the aforementioned 3. 

Benkovic is/was a ball carrying CB and one who we didn't generally see the best of I think, under LJ especially.

There's small seeds in there. Whether Holden is the man to grow them, to develop us is a different debate entirely.

Vyner getting some gametime was pleasing too. We'll see how he does moving forward.

17 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

All the players had full support for Steve Cotterill,it didn’t stop SL sacking him. 

I get angry when I think what SL did to SC, he gave LJ a bloody contract extension when he was on a really bad run of results. It’s clear that it’s not how good a manager you are under SL, it’s simply whether he likes you or not. 

The sacking of Cotterill was harsh in a number of respect but he perhaps made some of his own issue as well.

You have to be fair to the Club, they don’t know when fans will be allowed back in, how many, how they allocate seats if demand outstrips supply, cost/ availability of Robins TV, how to differentiate between SC price bands for matches on TV. Original target date for fans was early October, but now looks like that won’t happen.

The other unknown is how many Championship clubs could not afford to stage matches in empty stadia, over a longer period.

I certainly wouldn't want my money back because of the choice of Head Coach but it's a different matter when you can't go and see the games you've paid for. It's complicated as the club doesn't know how many (if any) games we can watch. For those who have already paid they should offer all the games (home and away) on Robins TV plus a hefty discount on next season's SC, this could be for instance up to 50 percent off depending on the number of games we are able to watch. This would allow the club to keep most of the money this season when they most need it, and I think most would find that an acceptable compromise.

11 minutes ago, Chappers said:

You have to be fair to the Club, they don’t know when fans will be allowed back in, how many, how they allocate seats if demand outstrips supply, cost/ availability of Robins TV, how to differentiate between SC price bands for matches on TV. Original target date for fans was early October, but now looks like that won’t happen.

The other unknown is how many Championship clubs could not afford to stage matches in empty stadia, over a longer period.

Agreed. Unprecedented circumstances. If I was running the comms I'd be engaging with season ticket holders just a little, if only to share the dilemma and build goodwill. I'm a member of other organisations badly affected - a theatre company with which I'd booked tickets, for example - and they've been really good at taking people on a journey with them.

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/season-card-terms-conditions/

8 Pay Monthly for Season Cards

8.1 It is the Season Card Holder’s responsibility to pay their payments each month of the agreement.
8.2 Payment for Pay Monthly will be paid on the first day of each month.
8.3 When a payment is missed, all cards under the agreement will be blocked immediately.
8.4 If there are two months of payments outstanding, the Season Card will be returned and the seats will be available for purchase by other supporters.
8.5 Applications to pay for a Season Card by Pay monthly can be refused by the Club at its own discretion.

8.6 Offers and ticketing priority to Season Card Holders are rendered invalid if Pay monthly payments have been missed, this includes:
8.7 Any guest ticket offers;
8.8 Any ticket offers for Bristol City or Bristol Rugby matches;
8.9 Any priority on away tickets;
8.10 Any stadium discounts i.e. Shop, Concessions, Sports Bar, Coffee Shop etc.

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Before you get too holier than thou remember that a number of people would have bought season tickets BEFORE the effects of Covid were able to be predicted. Some of those will be joining the other predicted 4 MILLION people on the unemployed list and may literally have to justify the outlay they are making to their families. If they feel that the money is better off in their bank account rather than the plaything of Steve Lansdown I don’t blame them.

I had held off renewing mine and my kids due to Covid and LJ. Well I am now nearly a grand better off and will be keeping my money. If Hughton had got the job I would had renewed tonight even with no idea when we would get back in the ground. 

I wouldnt ask for a refund because Holden gets the job, however I think I might as i cannot countenance the way the club is run. I took a season off after the debacle when the club tried to screw over disabled fans as well as concessions, and that did not sit well with me, eventually I missed everything that goes with the football so I returned. 

Since then there have been numerous own goals along with binning off good people who genuinely cared for the club for people who are just part of the "boys" club. I can understand if you remove these types and see a massive step up in professionalism, but nobody who is not mental can say that Downsy has been an upgrade in professionalism over Tim Shires? Has our media output been top class since they binned off beanhead? Or has it been total ****? 

I think should the opportunity arise I will get a refund and knock it on the head, as for as long as I can remember I have been a defender of SL's ownership but I don't think I can anymore and thus i'm not sure I want to carry on being a supporter of this club. 

Archived