IGNORED

Big Sam DOF.....

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ashton to Ashton, funk to funky

We know Deano H is a flunky

Hung out and left to die

And we'll be hitting an all time low....

:grr:

Holden’s a star man, waiting in the sky

He’d like to come and meet us 

But the roof is far too high

He’s a starman, waiting in the sky
He's told us not to announce it
OTIB thinks it's all a lie
He told me:

Let OTIB lose it
Let Bristol Post use it
Let all the children boogie

On paper it makes a lot of sense.

Ashton & Holden both know Allardyce well & if the club are completely bought in to the concept of developing DH as a long term Head Coach it may be the missing component.

imagine this would suit Big Sam too at his stage but it could be more consultant than DoF

I wouldn’t rule this out.

2 hours ago, Red Alert said:

On paper it makes a lot of sense.

Ashton & Holden both know Allardyce well & if the club are completely bought in to the concept of developing DH as a long term Head Coach it may be the missing component.

imagine this would suit Big Sam too at his stage but it could be more consultant than DoF

I wouldn’t rule this out.

If this is true I could see him more in Mentor / consultant role than DoF. 

9 hours ago, Tim S said:

Well flattered! But I retired from DJing a couple of years ago - its not as fun as it used to be!

The Big Sam rumour was something I was told about a few weeks ago as the club have had Dean Holden in mind for the head coach role all along and were looking at potentially having various options available to work alongside him in some capacity

Yep - good times in Syndicate a few years ago, SWX isn't the same!

Regarding looking at options to work alongside him - would that have included someone like Hughton working as a DoF? Might also explain the random links to people like Cristoph Daum, who at 66 might be a little too old for full time management. 

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

This is some sort of nightmare alternative reality.

Allardyce has a reputation for being a bit of a dinosaur, but he has great pedigree and plenty of experience. He also is much more progressive than people give him credit for - in the early 2000s at Bolton when they were doing well, he introduced lots of modern training methods he picked up from US American Football sports science departments. He was really ahead of his time in that area. 

I think with his experience, network and pedigree he'd be a very good person to have around as DoF. Also, as @Davefevs mentioned, he may already know Holden from his time at Bolton.

I'd feel a lot more confident in Holden's appointment if he had someone of Allardyce's experience around to help out. The relative inexperience of the coaching team it looks like we're getting (Williams/McAllister) is also a worry.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Allardyce has a reputation for being a bit of a dinosaur, but he has great pedigree and plenty of experience. He also is much more progressive than people give him credit for - in the early 2000s at Bolton when they were doing well, he introduced lots of modern training methods he picked up from US American Football sports science departments. He was really ahead of his time in that area. 

I think with his experience, network and pedigree he'd be a very good person to have around as DoF. Also, as @Davefevs mentioned, he may already know Holden from his time at Bolton.

I'd feel a lot more confident in Holden's appointment if he had someone of Allardyce's experience around to help out. The relative inexperience of the coaching team it looks like we're getting (Williams/McAllister) is also a worry.

Sorry PF, interesting comments and good knowledge, but I would be aghast if SA was appointed in any role at City.

With his questionable exit as England manager and the accusations levelled against him, I would also be gobsmacked if SL wanted him involved in the club.

I don't believe for one minute that Holden is going to be the next city manager.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Sorry PF, interesting comments and good knowledge, but I would be aghast if SA was appointed in any role at City.

With his questionable exit as England manager and the accusations levelled against him, I would also be gobsmacked if SL wanted him involved in the club.

I don't believe for one minute that Holden is going to be the next city manager.

That's true and a very valid point. Arguably Ashton has a dodgy past of his own albeit not quite the same. 

8 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I did indeed.

One of the things I look at with all (prospective) managers is who they played under and who they coached under.  There are some good pointers to whether they’ve had good tutelage or not...obviously depends on whether they’ve taken it onboard.

Last night I compared Holden and Williams careers to see if paths had crossed.  They hadn’t but when Holden was at Oldham, Williams was at Stockport....that was as close as it got.

Archived