IGNORED

City Book

PatchwayRed

Morning everyone. Hoping this may be of interest to a few of you! 

Last year my dad was diagnosed with incurable prostate cancer, so finally he decided to write down the stories he’s been telling us for years!

Although it’s based around football violence my dad seems to portray the funny side in every situation. A lot of the stories are from the 70s and 80s but some are more recent than they probably should be! The book is written club by club. It’s available to buy/download on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DW3D42P/ref=nodl_

• Admin
23 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Mine arrived today circa 10:30. Only a fairly short book but so far an amusing read. Expect to finish it tonight if not before. Hard to put down as I remember a lot of what is being written about. Hope Dad is Ok @PatchwayRed

Managed to read the book in one evening, it's hard to put down

Always like reading things like this, especially when I can remember the actual games / events.

Even got a mention indirectly

Agree with the above though, the main thing is that Rick stays safe and well

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Mine arrived today circa 10:30. Only a fairly short book but so far an amusing read. Expect to finish it tonight if not before. Hard to put down as I remember a lot of what is being written about. Hope Dad is Ok @PatchwayRed

Now 5pm and all read and dusted. Enjoyable read.

Good read. Enjoyed it with some good stories.

The Wolves v City post Brum M5 incident was a close shave as when all there coaches pulled into the service on the way home from Cardiff, (loads of them) and they all came across that bridge at us, we were well outnumbered. Quick get away that day in my Ford Capril.

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Some of this is really unpleasant. Kicking a man in the face while he’s on the floor. Punching normal fans who aren’t part of the hooligan scene. Subjecting your own children to all of this. What a nasty piece of work. 

You get these same comments every time someone buys a fans book about hooliganism. I don’t quite know what you expected ffs.

2 hours ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Some of this is really unpleasant. Kicking a man in the face while he’s on the floor. Punching normal fans who aren’t part of the hooligan scene. 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

You get these same comments every time someone buys a fans book about hooliganism. I don’t quite know what you expected ffs.

It's unusual to mention going after those not involved but would also appreciate times have massively changed. 

I don't want to be overly critical as I'm sure I was at one of the games mentioned a long time ago and this was the chap who saved me getting a kicking in the early 1980s

But like the last City book it's so frustrating that there's not a check done before publishing.....apparently Carey Smith got the late winner against United 

The other shame is how short some chapters are when I'm sure more details could have been added 

15 hours ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

Why buy it?! You obviously don't know the bloke, nicest bloke you will meet. The worlds changed! 

Exactly, it was a different era completely that some today just don't comprehend

23 hours ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

Why buy it?! You obviously don't know the bloke, nicest bloke you will meet. The worlds changed! 

He’s just broke his hand sucker punching a random fan from behind. That’s absolutely awful behaviour, whatever your walk in life, and is not something to be lauded. Forget asking me why I read it, why do you think that that’s ever acceptable? 

The world certainly has changed. Thank god. 

Archived