IGNORED

McAllister Sacked!!

Rocky

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t think there’s necessarily anything special about the word “sacked”. McAllister had a contract so it’s unlikely he would just leave as that would mean he wouldn’t get a payoff. If his services are no longer required his contract would be terminated- ie sacked 

Wouldn't the favoured term be "released ".?

Just now, Bo Andersons dietician said:

Jamie Mac sacking being announced pre an appointment is weird. Normally backroom changes get announced along with an appointment. Are they trying to make some rubbish point that it isn’t a continuation of the previous failed regime?! 

...before announcing Holden in a day or two?

I live in hope 

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

From the post site:

image.png.f91938e5619d15f6d65ec89fd9c535ca.png

Just when I was starting to get excited...

Appointment to be made by the 22nd Century. We've gone for a non-UK head coach and appointed a bloke from the Andromeda II galaxy. 

He's just set off for Bristol...

22 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Maybe Lee has a job lined up and tapped up McAllister, there was a leak and the club have decided to jettison?

That seems about the least likely explanation to me. 

If McAllister was offered a second in command role elsewhere whilst under contract to us we would be due compensation, which we have just forfeited by sacking him.

Absolutely no indication that LJ is about to take over anywhere, either.

It can only be because either Holden is required to bring in a more experienced assistant when he takes over (this would also rule out Williams in that role for me) or a new man is only being allowed to bring one coach with him, meaning either Jamie Mac or Holden had to go.

1 minute ago, Saunders87 said:

Terminated by mutual consent is the usual wording tho 

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

Wouldn't the favoured term be "released ".?

That’s what the club might say when it makes an official announcement (in several weeks time) to make it sound more palatable. As G MacG hasn’t got an official announcement from City he’s just used “sacked” as a convenient word. Of course I may be wrong and there might be some scandal lurking somewhere 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

A wise friend of mine just reminded me that Macca was LJ’s mate. Not Holdens. 

I'm sure they would of struck up a friendship during their period of working together. They were together for how long? 4 years? 

It just doesn't add up on why he's sacked..

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still no announcement from the club then?

McGregor doing a decent job of making it look like a ******* circus down there at the moment.  Where are all those folk saying he knows nothing btw?

Don't know what everyone's complaining about I'm positive Jon has got it all under control ?

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

McGregor doing a decent job of making it look like a ******* circus down there at the moment.  Where are all those folk saying he knows nothing btw?

Maybe all will be announced with the new head coach, a new coaching team perhaps,

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wouldn’t surprise me when they announce the new head coach there will be a small piece at the bottom talking about Macca’s departure.

You get the feeling an announcement is close now.

Archived