IGNORED

McAllister Sacked!!

Rocky

15 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

A Williams and K Smith as player coaches would save a chunk of budget maybe?

I don’t believe City can persevere with Smith and Williams if promotion is the objective. An alternative would be to not have them and have one good player and one good coach indeed. 

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Korey is 29...

Not saying he wouldn't still play but would be a coach as well. Great character, superb attitude and more intelligent than many footballers.  His injury record may make it more difficult for him to get a well paid playing job, but player coach could save cash for the club and maybe help his playing and future career. Just a thought...

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Not saying he wouldn't still play but would be a coach as well. Great character, superb attitude and more intelligent than many footballers.  His injury record may make it more difficult for him to get a well paid playing job, but player coach could save cash for the club and maybe help his playing and future career. Just a thought...

He's at the prime of his career. He will want to be playing as many games as possible, I can't see him taking up a coaching role. 

Just now, Selred said:

He's at the prime of his career. He will want to be playing as many games as possible, I can't see him taking up a coaching role. 

He could be one more serious injury away from the end of his career.  Just a thought, but could he be tempted?

31 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Think you will find it was less hours than previous. Therefore not a full time job any longer. COYR 

You aren't supposed to actually read the facts and come to a sensible conclusion. No, its better to be as thick as two short planks, exaggerate and embellish a misinterpretation of the facts because you can't comprehend twenty or so words strung together and arrive at a conclusion that the bloke is a shithouse!!

Sort yourself out!!

10 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I’ve got a feeling it’ll be Ashley Williams as Holden’s assistant. Nothing about this gives me any optimism that it won’t be Holden as the new Head Coach.

That was the first explanation that struck me. Seems by far the most likely, based on what little we know so far.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

You aren't supposed to actually read the facts and come to a sensible conclusion. No, its better to be as thick as two short planks, exaggerate and embellish a misinterpretation of the facts because you can't comprehend twenty or so words strung together and arrive at a conclusion that the bloke is a shithouse!!

Sort yourself out!!

I apologise. I should know better! COYR 

44 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Holden would defintely be played by Steve Carell, LJ by Warwick Davis and Mark Ashton by Matt Damon.............that's as far as i have got so far!  ?

:laugh:

Think Gregor's "source" may have just been named. Maybe feeding a load of crap to certain members of staff, seeing what is mentioned in the press and then tracing it back?

Hughton to be named at 5 :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

He could be one more serious injury away from the end of his career.  Just a thought, but could he be tempted?

Everyone is thay risk. Hence you want to play as much as possible (you'd earn far less as a player coach and your opportunities to be a key player reduces too). 

If someone was offering him a 2 or 3 year deal on decent money he'd accept that. If he gets injured then at least he has his contract. 

2 hours ago, Greedo said:

Does this mean Holden is getting the gig and Mcallister is making way for an experienced assistant?

Can't think of anyone that could hold that role and be acceptable to the fans except for perhaps, a Joe Jordan?

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

:laugh:

Think Gregor's "source" may have just been named. Maybe feeding a load of crap to certain members of staff, seeing what is mentioned in the press and then tracing it back?

Hughton to be named at 5 :whistle:

It wouldn't be the first time.

I don't know about 5pm but I am expecting Hughton to be announced................:fingerscrossed:

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Why are people mentioning Ashley Williams in the context of assistant manager - we'd have a rookie manager with a bloke with no qualifications for the job.

That just doesn't make sense.

Agreed.

We will have to pay up McAllister too, so this really is a minimal saving & cannot be the reason for the decision.

Archived