IGNORED

McAllister Sacked!!

Rocky

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think the board are at loggerheads one person wants Hughton one wants Holden perhaps they have reached a compromise where Holden becomes Hughtons assistant hence getting rid of Macca to free up some funds 

Think that would be quite bizarre and whoever wants Holden over Hughton should be having their head checked

Just now, Roe said:

Think that would be quite bizarre and whoever wants Holden over Hughton should be having their head checked

Well we all know that but obviously someone wants him must be for a financial reason tho no one would chose Holden just on his football credentials over Hughtons

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Fewer coaching staff. Less coaching. All down to 'countable nouns' apparently. Lockdown has meant less work getting done and fewer cars.

(This is much more fun that guessing who'll be our next manager now!)

Indeed. One can count staff so it's 'fewer'. 

I think Holden will be Head Coach. And he will bring in a new defensive coach to replace Jamie Mac (sounds like he was closely aligned with LJ anyway) which might be Williams, and then a new assistant, maybe someone he has worked with before at Oldham?

All this is, is more evidence that Holden and the board had already discussed backroom staffing (as was rumoured last week I think?)

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

me too

, What goes around. Macca replaced Pemberton who LJ threw under the bus to make it look like Pembo was responsible for the record losing run. 

First rule of survival in management, appoint a weak no 2 who will not overshadow you, pose a threat, or give the people in charge an easy out by making it easy to sack you when there's a decent no 2 ready to step up. (See Boris Johnson for case study).  That's why LJ appointed McCallister and that's why Holden would appoint a man with zero coaching experience aka Williams.

Why do people say this bollocks????

11 minutes ago, westonred said:

Who knows probably not but it frees up space for CH to bring in a quality coach to work alongside himself and Holden

Unless it's for misconduct or worse in which case it might be classed under legal costs or costs of exceptional litigation, I'm fairly sure it would eat into our FFP allowance that little bit more. 

Appointment of coach likewise, possibly if compensation required to get them that too.

Having said that, cost of high calibre manager and or coaching staff can result in long term savings or gain as they improve what they have firstly.

25 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think the board are at loggerheads one person wants Hughton one wants Holden perhaps they have reached a compromise where Holden becomes Hughtons assistant hence getting rid of Macca to free up some funds 

And currently resolving the impasse with the longest ever game of rock, paper, scissors. 

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

What goes around. Macca replaced Pemberton who LJ threw under the bus to make it look like Pembo was responsible for the record losing run. 

First rule of survival in management, appoint a weak no 2 who will not overshadow you, pose a threat, or give the people in charge an easy out by making it easy to sack you when there's a decent no 2 ready to step up. (See Boris Johnson for case study).  That's why LJ appointed McCallister and that's why Holden would appoint a man with zero coaching experience aka Williams.

Complete and utter imagined bollocks CR - that might be that happened in your had but reality LJ was told by SL to choose his own assistants- Macca and Deano both who LJ  had worked with previously.

Pembo was not ‘thrown under the bus’ by anyone. Fact is there was no longer any room at the inn and he moved on.

17 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I think Holden will be Head Coach. And he will bring in a new defensive coach to replace Jamie Mac (sounds like he was closely aligned with LJ anyway) which might be Williams, and then a new assistant, maybe someone he has worked with before at Oldham?

All this is, is more evidence that Holden and the board had already discussed backroom staffing (as was rumoured last week I think?)

Or alternatively something quite different might happen!  Keep your eyes on the official site...

(btw, I loved your suggestion that this comprises ‘evidence’, based on something ‘rumoured last week’!  Great stuff, worthy of Trump!)

Does sound like a sign that the new manager will not be DH and that he will be given the assistant role as a thank you for steadying the ship after LJ's demise.

If that is the case and it turns out to be CH or even PC, thank God! No disrespect Deano!

What we need is a manager who has a record of promotions from the Championship and also someone who can attract decent players to want to play for the club.

I can just see the players turning up on Monday for pre-season and walking in, where the new manager jumps out and shouts "Surprise!!!"

I need to get out more I know!

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hmmmm...........and by coincidence this evening GMG goes public with the impending Holden appointment.... 

Also having said 3 hours ago in the JMac tweet “We're not expecting any news on a new head coach today”

All very odd.

Bristol Post is stating (1903 this evening) that Holden has been offered the job and the reason for the delay is because he has been away on holiday this week! Apparently he is taking the weekend to think about whether to accept or not!

A - WTF! What a rubbish appointment. Really backward thinking.

B - If he has to take time to think about it, why do we want him in the job? Surely we want someone who is passionate and cant wait to get started?

What a nightmare.

21 minutes ago, RedInDevon said:

Bristol Post is stating (1903 this evening) that Holden has been offered the job and the reason for the delay is because he has been away on holiday this week! Apparently he is taking the weekend to think about whether to accept or not!

A - WTF! What a rubbish appointment. Really backward thinking.

B - If he has to take time to think about it, why do we want him in the job? Surely we want someone who is passionate and cant wait to get started?

What a nightmare.

I know people always say professionals don't take any notice of social media, but I know for a fact that isn't true. 

He'll have read or been made aware of the furore surrounding him becoming head coach on here, FB and Twitter and perhaps even the banners.

Knowing he starts out with the fans not wanting him, maybe that has given him pause for thought... :dunno:

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

hes been second fiddle for how many years? now needs to think about whether he wants the top job? tells me he doesnt think that much of the clubs philosophy or hed have jumped at it

Its an impossible job for him there is so much anger aimed at his unpopular appointment he might just turn it down . He saw what the fans were like at LJ perhaps he doesn't want to step into a job like that.    P*ss myself if he did turn it down and captain smarmy has to go back to Houghton and ask if he wants its now 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hmmmm...........and by coincidence this evening GMG goes public with the impending Holden appointment.... 

When JM was told DH had been offered the Head Coach position he questioned why sack LJ in the first place:- “nae fooken way Marky pal, I dinnae ken why yer bother ya slimey wee gadge” and was instantly shown the door.

Archived