IGNORED

McAllister Sacked!!

Rocky

Now, I know the club has been criticised a lot since the season finished, but to "sack" McAllister hours ago, and still not update anything on the app or the website, really is bad.

Either that or someone's been fed a lot of wrong information....  

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Now, I know the club has been criticised a lot since the season finished, but to "sack" McAllister hours ago, and still not update anything on the app or the website, really is bad.

Either that or someone's been fed a lot of wrong information....  

it seems like Macca broke the news himself!!  

15 hours ago, NickJ said:

Nothing wrong with that it's just a business decision.

Not easy in the hospitality trade at the moment.

Everything wrong with that. He will find that out when he loses 3 employment tribunal cases. 

Can't make people redundant because of COVID 19 then advertise there jobs 3 weeks later on lesser terms. That's against the law.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Everything wrong with that. He will find that out when he loses 3 employment tribunal cases. 

Can't make people redundant because of COVID 19 then advertise there jobs 3 weeks later on lesser terms. That's against the law.

Restaurants, pubs and cafes were ordered to close indefinitely. Of course he was within his rights to make them redundant.

Different circumstances now. Those same restaurants, pubs and cafes are operating at significantly lower levels. It's a different trading environment.

I'd be amazed if he lost any employment tribunal cases.

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Isn't that exactly what British Airways are doing to their people? 

4 hours ago, Taz said:

What the hell has McAllister's ability to run a private business got anything to do with him being fired from his coaching role!?

Some people have wild imaginations!

Exactly. It doesn’t have anything to do with it, and likely the chef only went to the paper because of McCallister’s ‘celebrity’ status. 
If it was Joe Schmoe who owned it, we wouldn’t have even heard about it. 

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exactly. It doesn’t have anything to do with it, and likely the chef only went to the paper because of McCallister’s ‘celebrity’ status. 
If it was Joe Schmoe who owned it, we wouldn’t have even heard about it. 

It's irrelevant if he the law says he can do it or not it's still a shithousery thing to do just so that he could save himself a £ an hour. 

3 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

It's irrelevant if he the law says he can do it or not it's still a shithousery thing to do just so that he could save himself a £ an hour. 

Who cares. What’s it got to do with our football club? It only made the news because the chef thought he’d get a scoop out of a ‘celeb’. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

What a sorry reply 

Not quite sure what you mean there  all I'm saying is is that I think it's a shithousery thing to do just to save himself £ an hour to which you decided to make the rather sorry reply of 'who cares' let's agree to disagree and leave it at that

1 minute ago, Galway Red said:

Not quite sure what you mean there  all I'm saying is is that I think it's a shithousery thing to do just to save himself £ an hour to which you decided to make the rather sorry reply of 'who cares' let's agree to disagree and leave it at that

@Harry's point, along with my own, is that people are complaining about the way he is running his Pizza place, and somewhere along the lines people are suggesting it may have something to do with him being sacked.

So again, what has the way he runs his restraunt got anything to do with him coaching? The answer is nothing.

That's where the "who cares" comes into it.

4 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

I said “who cares” in relation to it being about our football club. 

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If it wasn’t, Gregor probably wouldn’t have a job, and some form of apology would’ve been issued.

Someone is feeding him fake information, the Korey Smith tweet this morning was obviously based on Gregor being told this by someone, the McAllister tweet could be exactly the same scenario, as could the Holden one. 

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Someone is feeding him fake information, the Korey Smith tweet this morning was obviously based on Gregor being told this by someone, the McAllister tweet could be exactly the same scenario, as could the Holden one. 

That could be quite funny - a smokescreen and an entirely unpredicted appointment!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If it wasn’t, Gregor probably wouldn’t have a job, and some form of apology would’ve been issued.

I agree but the club haven't confirmed his dismissal as far as I know, which is a bit odd, but then everything seems odd at the moment ??

On 07/08/2020 at 20:18, Red Alert said:

When JM was told DH had been offered the Head Coach position he questioned why sack LJ in the first place:- “nae fooken way Marky pal, I dinnae ken why yer bother ya slimey wee gadge” and was instantly shown the door.

That did make me laugh:clap:

Archived