IGNORED

McAllister Sacked!!

Rocky

4 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

Has anything made any real sense over the past 5 weeks haha

Good point.

But the club aren't stupid enough to appoint a rookie manager with a player as his assistant.

Are they ?

Anyone ?

Shit.

34 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

FEWER

31 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Ahem. WRONG!

Fewer members of coaching staff.

Less coaching staff.

Fewer coaching staff. Less coaching. All down to 'countable nouns' apparently. Lockdown has meant less work getting done and fewer cars.

(This is much more fun that guessing who'll be our next manager now!)

I was told a year back by someone close to the club that McAllister was very much LJ's trusted man and backed up all his decisions.  DH had his own ideas and opinions and was much more highly regarded by the Board and powers that be. 

Based upon this I was surprised that he didn't leave at the same time as LJ 5 weeks ago and even less surprised that he has gone now.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Why are people mentioning Ashley Williams in the context of assistant manager - we'd have a rookie manager with a bloke with no qualifications for the job.

That just doesn't make sense.

That rumour is bollox I doubt he will be at the club next season

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Holden would defintely be played by Steve Carell, LJ by Warwick Davis and Mark Ashton by Matt Damon.............that's as far as i have got so far!  ?

Ricky Gervais would play Ashton for me. Will Ferrell (Stepbrothers role) plays Jon Lansdown. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As this present time, I agree. 

me too

, What goes around. Macca replaced Pemberton who LJ threw under the bus to make it look like Pembo was responsible for the record losing run. 

First rule of survival in management, appoint a weak no 2 who will not overshadow you, pose a threat, or give the people in charge an easy out by making it easy to sack you when there's a decent no 2 ready to step up. (See Boris Johnson for case study).  That's why LJ appointed McCallister and that's why Holden would appoint a man with zero coaching experience aka Williams.

Conspiracy theory no. 437. Two weeks ago City appointed a foreign manager and he flew into the country. He has been in quarantine since, so no announcement could be made. He comes out of quarantine tomorrow, hence the first stage of the coaching announcements today. I know this is rubbish but I’m desperate and can’t take much more 

47 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Why are people mentioning Ashley Williams in the context of assistant manager - we'd have a rookie manager with a bloke with no qualifications for the job.

Yep, but do not forget....we are talking BristolCity?  Ha!

53 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Because it’s OTIB and people just say random things then others run with, like Korey being a coach 

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Another sacking does kind of run counter to the "cheap option as we're watching finances due to COVID" argument as well surely?

This is another person to pay off who will also no doubt be replaced right?

If you’re sacked doesn’t that mean that you forgo advantages ? 

As GMcG uses openly the word ‘ sacked ‘ that suggests to me that it is some sort of breach of contract and not a simple ‘ by mutual consent ‘ arrangement.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

As GMcG uses openly the word ‘ sacked ‘ that suggests to me that it is some sort of breach of contract and not a simple ‘ by mutual consent ‘ arrangement.

LJ was sacked? Managers are sacked all the time. I guess it depends on the reason if we ever find out but assuming he hasn’t done anything untoward then I expect his contract will need to be paid up

Agreed that the wording is strange, if it’s amicable you’d maybe use released but this is Gregors words not City’s (yet)

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Yeah good point. It all depends on the reasoning I suppose!

28 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That rumour is bollox I doubt he will be at the club next season

Well, just to be clear (as the politicians say) it’s not actually a rumour, it’s merely a bit more speculation to add to the shed load of speculation that we’ve already accumulated over the past few weeks. It may turn out be wrong, like a million other things on here have been, or will be, shown to be wrong, but it’s no less credible than the rest of the bollocks that’s been posted.

The Johnson era has ended. McAllister was LJ’s man. He was the first team defence coach, so now we no longer have one. Williams is a defender and a senior professional with international experience, at a stage in his career where a move into management or coaching is quite likely. 

Holden’s appointment is made neither more likely nor less likely by this development. Some have chosen to view it as evidence that Hughton will, after all, be announced with Holden as Assistant. Given the way that this thing has been handled (or mishandled) so far, I see it as no less believable that the stories about Holden’s impending appointment are true and that he fancies Ashley “cheap option” Williams as his number two/defence coach.

No more far-fetched than some of the rubbish to be found elsewhere.

1 hour ago, chowie said:

Think Gregor has just confirmed one (if not the only one) of his club sources.

McAllister had only been talking with one of Bristol City's scouting network on Friday morning and he too is believed to have been surprised by the decison.

Yes I wondered if the club is cheesed off with all the stories/rumours coming out in the Post and JM has been taking to Gregor too much. 

2 minutes ago, chowie said:

Thinking more the scout mate. Sounds like the info came from there.

Pretty sure Gregor has written / interviewed this scout before.  People have a dig at Gregor unfairly, but he does have contacts, and ones that will speak.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty sure Gregor has written / interviewed this scout before.  People have a dig at Gregor unfairly, but he does have contacts, and ones that will speak.

through this whole debacle, gmcg is the only one to come across as credible and in credit 

51 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Conspiracy theory no. 437. Two weeks ago City appointed a foreign manager and he flew into the country. He has been in quarantine since, so no announcement could be made. He comes out of quarantine tomorrow, hence the first stage of the coaching announcements today. I know this is rubbish but I’m desperate and can’t take much more 

I want to present to you our new Mexican manager Leo Juanson, suddenly a small man appears with a sombrero, sunglasses and a 30 day grown pancho villa moustache.

Archived