IGNORED

McAllister Sacked!!

Rocky

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Wouldn’t surprise me when they announce the new head coach there will be a small piece at bottom talking about Macca’s departure.

You get the feeling an announcement is close now.

It gets closer by the hour

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The club haven't said anything, this is all via Gregor.

I know. My point wasn't about the club saying anything, it was about the PR side of announcing this sort of thing after the new man has been announced. 

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Imagine if they appointed Holden telling him he has full control over the backroom staff, but assuming he'd keep it more or less the same..and then Holden fires them all!

To be fair, I can see a version of this coming to pass if he does get the job. I've no idea how true it is that MA and SL simply want a "yes man" who'll do what they are told but something about Holden makes me think that, whatever his merits, he isn't much of a Yes Man. I can easily see him being far more bloody-minded and determined to do things his own way than some of the fans, and maybe the board, expect...

24 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I remember MA in a video a few months ago talking about continuity and saying any new head coach would only be able to bring in one coach as an assistant and that the other coaching staff would remain. This would imply one of the current staff would be replaced, looks like it's Macca.

I'm going with this. Makes sense to me!!!!

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So an hour after the tweet, still no actual article on the development...

Gregor McGregor from the McGreg estate in Gregorville, Scotland is probably sat in the sun in a Bristol pub pissing his pants at the ruckus he has caused.

54 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The Office meets The Thick of It

An everyday story of country folk..........the new soccer soap.  Tune in next week, when the first footballer to come out of the closet is revealed, and a member of the coaching staff is unmasked as a Salirophilia enthusiast! ?

Apart from anything else I just can't get my head around us potentially starting preseason on Monday with no head coach AND now one of our key first team coaches gone. That's without mentioning the 2/3 of the first team out of contract and not sure if they'll be here for the start of the season proper.

You have to hope an announcement is imminent otherwise why would you not keep JMc on for the start of preseason until the new man and coaching team is announced?

All a pretty big mess!

Archived