IGNORED

LJ interview with Henry Winter in today’s Times. Warning high BS content.

Malago

I believe his passion and desire got the better of him. I think sacking him was the best they could do for him as his mental health was rapidly declining and he was no longer acting rationally, forgetting players’ names being a good example. Good luck to him for the future. Whoever eventually replaces will be unable to match his desire and commitment.

2 hours ago, Malago said:

“Day one, when I was told, I was gutted. Day two, just completely humbled. I must have had 600-plus messages. I was in tears.” He opens his phone. “I’ll tap in a random name. Adam Nagy — that was a nice message.” It’s long and heartfelt from the Hungarian international, paying tribute to Johnson as a manager and a man. “I get messages like that and you cry your eyes out.

"My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Hungarian guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went "Mr. Johnson, will you be the Godfather to my child?". Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish!"

I don’t see any BS in this. 
I supported him as long as I possibly could - possibly longer than I should have, but in the end he had to go. 
I really hope he finds success in management - I believe it when he says he loves our club. 
What would aid his success would be to analyse what the fans are saying as well as those great managers he holds in high esteem. 

Archived