IGNORED

SL and MA have a message for you...

Unan

And you thought you mattered ?

More seriously, and as a loyal fan of 30 years,  most of which five of us have been ST holders, I just hate being lied to - progress, ambition, let's be honest, actions speak louder than words!

As a final thought, what is the point of having a Billionaire owner who doesn't any longer want to invest in the club?

IMG_0503.JPG

7 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I really hope there's some humble pie to be eaten at the end of this

Everyone hopes there is humble pie to be eaten. That would mean City have done well and all of us want that. 

But the chances are slimmer than a more experienced manager would bring. 

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Everyone hopes there is humble pie to be eaten. That would mean City have done well and all of us want that. 

But the chances are slimmer than a more experienced manager would bring. 

People spouting such anger towads the board when nothings official is ridiculous.

We could yet have the manager that people want but do you think there will be threads apologising for some of the comments? 

22 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I really hope there's some humble pie to be eaten at the end of this

Why?

I really want us to be successful, but I don’t like the way the club have gone about this. I can be disappointed by the appointment as I would rather have Chris Hughton and would question what in Holdens CV convinced Steve Lansdown that he can deliver premiership football (Steve’s goal for the club).

Why cant I hold this view now?

Why should I have to apologize for it at a later date?

I don’t expect people to apologize for believing in Johnson.

Its just a different opinion 

13 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

People spouting such anger towads the board when nothings official is ridiculous.

We could yet have the manager that people want but do you think there will be threads apologising for some of the comments? 

If Holden turns down the role, what message does that send to the second choice?

Won't happen. Holden is in

16 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

This is exactly why the club should have made a holding statement. Could have stopped all the speculation, overreaction and the like.

Whoever is running the team next year there is no doubt that we have a circus above them in charge of the whole thing.

Anybody who can defend the decision makers in this process is exhibiting the kind of blind loyalty that allows any organisation to become complacent and when that happens it only heads in one direction.

People running any organisation have to be accountable. The overriding feeling for many, whether right, wrong or indifferent is that the benefactor, particularly his son and the CEO hold the fans of the club in nothing but utter contempt.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Why?

I really want us to be successful, but I don’t like the way the club have gone about this. I can be disappointed by the appointment as I would rather have Chris Hughton and would question what in Holdens CV convinced Steve Lansdown that he can deliver premiership football (Steve’s goal for the club).

Why cant I hold this view now?

Why should I have to apologize for it at a later date?

But there hasn't been an appointment and some of the comments on here aimed at the board for something that hasn't yet happened all because of a joke of a media source is ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is exactly why the club should have made a holding statement. Could have stopped all the speculation, overreaction and the like.

Whoever is running the team next year there is no doubt that we have a circus above them in charge of the whole thing.

Anybody who can defend the decision makers in this process is exhibiting the kind of blind loyalty that allows any organisation to become complacent and when that happens it only heads in one direction.

People running any organisation have to be accountable.

now that I do agree with. The club could've handled the fans a whole lot better during this process and made themselves look alot more professional and popular. Cant justify that.

Disappointed but not surprised this will split the fan base even more than Johnson`s appointment. I take it then then Holden was the one the board wanted five weeks ago and Chris Hughtons interview was to cover their asses under Rooney`s rule.

So much for the promised land or did the board mean  playing up Horfield at the memorial.

3 minutes ago, redking said:

Disappointed but not surprised this will split the fan base even more than Johnson`s appointment. I take it then then Holden was the one the board wanted five weeks ago and Chris Hughtons interview was to cover their asses under Rooney`s rule.

So much for the promised land or did the board mean  playing up Horfield at the memorial.

You can imagine Kick It Out getting ready to draft their statement!! We are in a situation where the black guy seems to be head and shoulders more qualified than all the other candidates to do the job. Clearly, race is not the reason we wouldn’t appoint Hughton but do not be surprised if our managerial process is used as an example of BAME candidates being jettisoned when they were perfectly qualified to do the job.

10 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

But there hasn't been an appointment and some of the comments on here aimed at the board for something that hasn't yet happened all because of a joke of a media source is ridiculous 

Welcome to an Internet forum.

A digitized version of a conversation at your pub after 6 pints. ??

Why take 5 weeks to end up with Johnsons puppet.so in on the cheap,I guess with little money to spend,no ambition,why lie to us steve.we the supporters love this but you are not helping yourself by acting the way you are.i guess dean holden is going to be your new kiss ass as a decent proper manager would not put up with it.you think more of the rugby than us.thanks steve.

Have to agree, board is a total shambles.  I just cannot work out how this has been handled so badly.  Other clubs like Southend who are also appointing a new manager come out in the press and apologize and say give us a little longer.

If it is Dean then what an absolute joke.  Nothing against him as he does seem a decent man but against CH.  pathetic.  We need Ashton out!!

Let’s be honest here, Steve Lansdown has a huge amount of form here, first of all he was one of the driving forces behind appointing Tony Fawthrop in 2000, that led ultimately to Scott Davidson being removed as chairman, then ultimately off of the board.

He also presided over the disastrous appointments of both Brian Tinnion and Keith Millen. So he has a lot of form with these type of appointments. The fact is over his tenure,  the club has become so dependent on him that he has total carte blanche to proceed as he chooses.

Personally, throughout this whole process, I’ve thought that there’s been an elephant in the room, namely the Steve Coppell debacle. Appointing Chris Hughton would of been a similar appointment as Coppell’s was. I hasten to add that I’ve always been curious as to what Coppell’s side of that story is. 

Hopefully this won’t end up being as disastrous as the aforementioned managers, and I wish Dean Holden the very best of luck, as he really needs to hit the ground running in September.  He’s very fortunate that he’ll have at least a month with no fans in the ground as a bad start and the nature of his appointment would of made for an extremely toxic atmosphere.

Archived