IGNORED

SL and MA have a message for you...

Unan

The fact that he has asked to think about it over the weekend says to me that he’s fully aware he isn’t the person that the fans want and I wouldn’t be surprised if he chooses to not take it.

Even though I wouldn’t have appointed him myself and I’m pissed off like most people with how this whole process has been handled, part of me wants him to take the job on and make a big success of it. It’s not within the realms of possibility.

The thing I think we have to take into account here is its not just about who the head coach is. If whoever is appointed is going to get pretty much no funds with which to improve the squad and will have to go with more of our promising anyway would someone like CH be guaranteed to be more successful than DH? I personally don’t think so.

Totally get the anger at the board though they’ve totally cocked up the handling of this big style.

1 hour ago, redking said:

Disappointed but not surprised this will split the fan base even more than Johnson`s appointment. I take it then then Holden was the one the board wanted five weeks ago and Chris Hughtons interview was to cover their asses under Rooney`s rule.

So much for the promised land or did the board mean  playing up Horfield at the memorial.

You don’t have to interview a BAME candidate if it’s an internal promotion I believe. 

I stated along time ago about Ambition and people jumped on and said I'm deluded. I also stated that a very good friend of mine is an Oxford fan and stated when MA signed he would destroy our club top too bottom like he did at WBA & Oxford and he will at City. It's all about control. Bottom line is Steve Cottrell challenged ambition, along with Flint, Joe, Bobby, Pack, Brownhill, Kelly and all we're sold by one man Ashton...... FACT. CH came for interview and wanted sole control because he knows all to well about Mr Ashton and the answer was no. CH went thanks but no thanks and rightly so and we're left with DH. The club is a shambles and like it or not we have an owner who is a business man and Ashton who is a control freak and until that changes Bristol Sport will be the only winner. Thank god I changed to DD as mine and my Mrs ST will be cancelled Monday morning. 

10 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

I stated along time ago about Ambition and people jumped on and said I'm deluded. I also stated that a very good friend of mine is an Oxford fan and stated when MA signed he would destroy our club top too bottom like he did at WBA & Oxford and he will at City. It's all about control. Bottom line is Steve Cottrell challenged ambition, along with Flint, Joe, Bobby, Pack, Brownhill, Kelly and all we're sold by one man Ashton...... FACT. CH came for interview and wanted sole control because he knows all to well about Mr Ashton and the answer was no. CH went thanks but no thanks and rightly so and we're left with DH. The club is a shambles and like it or not we have an owner who is a business man and Ashton who is a control freak and until that changes Bristol Sport will be the only winner. Thank god I changed to DD as mine and my Mrs ST will be cancelled Monday morning. 

Ashton destroyed West Brom?  Well they haven’t done that badly...

32 minutes ago, Chappers said:

How about “It’s gonna cost me a fortune keeping this football club going until normality returns”

It’s not just about him spending a fortune. It’s about the club being able to meet FFP.

The majority of us have bitched and moaned about clubs spending beyond there means and cheating FFP and then laughed when said clubs come crashing back down again.

Yet that seems to be what lots of people are expecting us to be doing now

12 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Why wait until Monday?  Online banking  and all that.  Do it NOW and post the proof that you’ve done it.  Then at least I’ll have the respect that you were serious.  Go on then...

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why wait until Monday?  Online banking  and all that.  Do it NOW and post the proof that you’ve done it.  Then at least I’ll have the respect that you were serious.  Go on then...

How about toning your gleeful bitchiness down and focus your energies elsewhere, as opposed to targeting long standing supporters who are quite rightly angered by the current situation.  Prat.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Chappers said:

How about “It’s gonna cost me a fortune keeping this football club going until normality returns”

If you listen or read what financial experts on football are saying playing squads etc aren't affected by covid problems 

It's completely different budgets from the day to day running of the club. So can we please move away from this 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

If you listen or read what financial experts on football are saying playing squads etc aren't affected by covid problems 

It's completely different budgets from the day to day running of the club. So can we please move away from this 

Of course, barely any income On match days, from other stadia events etc. won’t affect anything! Think I’d avoid these particular ‘experts’.

Message to SL: You're are making the same mistakes again, yet another poor managerial appointment under your watch.

How many times are we going to go down the appoint from within route, and how many more failures?  You talk about ambition but when it comes to crunch you always make poor decisions and bottle the chance to appoint a top manager, we know you were burnt by Coppell but FFS were going around in circles. 

5 weeks and an absolute shambles, you can't relinquish control your ego won't allow it and you are suffocating any progression, that is your legacy. Nice stadium and training ground but means jack shit if you can't employ a manager to utilise those facilities.

The opportunity was there and you ****** up again.

Message to MA: **** off you odious puppet ***. 

2 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Ashton was reviled at Watford .... read on:

Ashton has form when it comes to upsetting the fans - this was from Watford forum in 2009:

Chris the Vic 23rd October 2009 9:47 am Well if I never get anything else right, this was the exception. I attacked him openly a year plus before he went over the inept way he ran the club, bad negotiation of contracts, inept spin and generally poor decision making and boy did many of our present contributors give me stick and with two exceptions never had the good grace to apologise. If this article is confirmed it is awesome. This man more than any other damaged our club so badly we will be picking up the pieces for several years to come.

Whole article in Watford Observer makes for interesting reading. In short he sued them for breach of contract and then withdrew his claim even paying part of their costs. Make of that what you will! I wonder what due diligence SL did when appointing him as CEO:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/4698518.former-ceo-mark-ashton-withdraws-300000-claim-against-watford-and-will-pay-part-of-the-clubs-costs/

Hi @Allwaysred

You cite player sales and in some cases rightly so but given how we as a club have grown the revenue streams and still make whacking great operating losses or have done, could you square things with a £39m 3 year rolling loss limit?

(Okay £51m when we include allowable costs eg Youth, Depreciation, Women's football etc). 

How could we have done things differently AND avoided sanctions within limits?

Archived