IGNORED

SL and MA have a message for you...

Unan

3 hours ago, S25loyal said:

@SX227 not sure with your emoji, I’ve got it slightly wrong I’d admit looking into it. 

The English Football League (EFL) has a policy - informally known as the 'Rooney Rule' - that clubs must interview at least one black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidate for a managerial vacancy.

But that is not necessary if they do not have a shortlisting process and interview only one candidate. 

Wasn't arguing, just wondering why you thought that was a reason only an internal applicant might have been pursued when clearly outside ones were as well.

Just seemed an odd thing to post. 

No offence meant

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

So why are two members of the same circus preaching two totally opposite messages? One could be forgiven for thinking they are media whores who will say anything people want to hear if you shove a microphone in their face as long as they say something. I think the people running this club is the overriding issue that has to be looked at, the choice of manager is a sideshow.

I agree- whether it's what you say, but those are as you say two diametrically opposed messages- that's concerning when two senior club members put this out!

8 hours ago, supercidered said:

So we go and appoint a cone collector?

Talk about false economy. Holden isn’t worthy of this role. There is nothing in this appointment that makes any sense. I doubt eve Holden can believe his luck. Only City can royally f@ck up such a massive and once in a generation opportunity!

I can't be bothered to discuss the finances anymore today- these calculations are and can be complicated however.

What I will say is that I don't think Holden is the man for the job!

1 hour ago, SX227 said:

Wasn't arguing, just wondering why you thought that was a reason only an internal applicant might have been pursued when clearly outside ones were as well.

Just seemed an odd thing to post. 

No offence meant

Ah, I can see why.

Someone posted that the club only interviewed hughton as they are “forced to”, I was meaning that if the clubs idea was to promote Holden all along they wouldn’t needed to have interviewed anyone who is BAME. 

Which makes that persons claims completely false

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Superb post. 

Absolutely 100 percent right. If Covid-19 made people who had time on there hands look at their lives more closely and decide to make changes, this whole sorry Managerial affair has shown the hierarchy to be uninterested in taking this Club higher. Don't think I'm really interested in mediocrity any more, I'm off to watch footie at other clubs around the area. NOT GAS

On 07/08/2020 at 21:36, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why wait until Monday?  Online banking  and all that.  Do it NOW and post the proof that you’ve done it.  Then at least I’ll have the respect that you were serious.  Go on then...

No just away m8. And I don't have to prove anything to anyone it's purely my decision, the club is a joke. Cut through the shit if SL is serious about promotion CH would of been presented before the season finished end of. 

On 15/08/2020 at 22:09, Allwaysred said:

Have a look back at the time he was there and after his period or ask any long life WBA fan they'll tell you what they think of Ashton.

He wasn’t even a director at West Brom - how did he have a negative impact there?! Genuinely confused, he didn’t hold a senior position at the Hawthorns yet you’ve stated on multiple threads that Ashton “ruined” West Brom ... how did he do this? Not sure any ‘long life WBA fan’ would even have heard of him?!

On 07/08/2020 at 21:21, Allwaysred said:

I stated along time ago about Ambition and people jumped on and said I'm deluded. I also stated that a very good friend of mine is an Oxford fan and stated when MA signed he would destroy our club top too bottom like he did at WBA & Oxford and he will at City. It's all about control. Bottom line is Steve Cottrell challenged ambition, along with Flint, Joe, Bobby, Pack, Brownhill, Kelly and all we're sold by one man Ashton...... FACT. CH came for interview and wanted sole control because he knows all to well about Mr Ashton and the answer was no. CH went thanks but no thanks and rightly so and we're left with DH. The club is a shambles and like it or not we have an owner who is a business man and Ashton who is a control freak and until that changes Bristol Sport will be the only winner. Thank god I changed to DD as mine and my Mrs ST will be cancelled Monday morning. 

How did Ashton “destroy West Brom” ?! He didn’t even hold a senior position at that club?! 

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He wasn’t even a director at West Brom - how did he have a negative impact there?! Genuinely confused, he didn’t hold a senior position at the Hawthorns yet you’ve stated on multiple threads that Ashton “ruined” West Brom ... how did he do this? Not sure any ‘long life WBA fan’ would even have heard of him?!

Hey @AlwaysRed I’m assuming from your wall of silence that you may have realised that accusing Mark Ashton of both ‘destroying’ and ‘ruining’ a club (WBA) when he didn’t even hold a senior position at that club wasn’t a wise move?

You even referenced “long life” (as you called them) WBA fans who would agree with you on your multiple posts. When Ashton was working at West Brom he was in his 20s - you’ve ignored similar questions on this but I’ll ask just one more time; how could a young guy in his 20s “ruin” and “destroy” a whole football club when he didn’t hold a senior position at that club?

How would you feel if someone was placing multiple posts online accusing you of “destroying” and “ruining” an organisation when it was just incorrect? You’d probably consider legal action, and justifiably so .... 

Archived