IGNORED

Protest - Make Yourselves Heard

Lenners

Speak with your wallet.

Dont give them any of your own hard earned money. The club doesnt deserve it. They are treating us like mugs. Their are people higher up that are so egotistical, they would rather risk the clubs league standing then give up any control they really should not have over the footballing side. Some people may accept that, but nah. 

What I am finding hard now is how to support and give money to a club that clearly doesn’t want the best for the club. It’s all about the f——ing money. 

What a joke. This is the first time since supporting the club I’ve had any doubt about supporting the club.

49 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

This is my football club which is my livelihood and something I invest thousands of pounds and countless numbers of hours into every season.

If you’re happy to sit back and lap up any sort of shite then you do you, personally I’ll make myself heard and show my discontent. As will others.

What you thinking?

Your livelihood? You’re employed by the club? Bloody hell.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Holden in my opinion has been given the weekend to decide whether he wants to accept the role as Head Coach under a new manager aka hughton or cook... 

it’s Holden’s job just got to decide if he now wants it 

12 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Boils my piss what is going on with this club.

Agreed.

Complete shambles of a process to recruit a new manager.

Abslolutely so.

Complete farce of a biz IMO. Fans taken as muppets.

Can't deny that one.

But if I didn't agree, I should be allowed to say so without getting a crockload of obscene abuse. 

And frankly, if everyone who thinks anyone who disagrees with them should **** off, decides to throw their season cards out of the cot, that's fine by me. Those of us who don't, those of us who'd much rather have Hughton or Cook but face up to the facts and keep on supporting the club however much our piss is boiled - then we'll get to see every game in October rather than just one in three. If there are as many of you as you think, at least. 

So chill out, Gas Destroyer. Even with Holden, even without Bentley, I'm hoping to see more wins than losses next year and to keep at least a division between the Gas and us.

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I'M OUTRAGED! WE MUST DO SOMETHING AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! IF YOU DISAGREE, **** OFF!! THAT'S HOW OUTRAGED I AM.... WHAT? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? I DUNNO...ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS?

(C) (NotSo)JollyestOli 2020

Be funnier?

5 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

But if I didn't agree, I should be allowed to say so without getting a crockload of obscene abuse. 

And frankly, if everyone who thinks anyone who disagrees with them should **** off, decides to throw their season cards out of the cot, that's fine by me. Those of us who don't, those of us who'd much rather have Hughton or Cook but face up to the facts and keep on supporting the club however much our piss is boiled - then we'll get to see every game in October rather than just one in three. If there are as many of you as you think, at least. 

So chill out, Gas Destroyer. Even with Holden, even without Bentley, I'm hoping to see more wins than losses next year and to keep at least a division between the Gas and us.

You’re happy paying premier league prices as long as we’re in the league above Bristol Rovers? ?

32 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

take it from me, after watching City for 62 years plus, we are a Div 2 ( Championship team) and I am more than happy with staying there after the things that have happened to us in the past 100+ years , plus League 3 and Lge Three South, we are what we are. Every decade we may just knock on the door but we always flatter to deceive. My signature below sums up my feelings for BCFC, the club of my granfer, dad and now me at 70 years old. When I snuff it I am going into the Crem to 'One for the Bristol City', if we get Prem before that, 'Happy Days' but not holding my breath !!!!

You'd be dead so there would be little or no breath to hold?

46 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

This is my football club which is my livelihood and something I invest thousands of pounds and countless numbers of hours into every season.

If you’re happy to sit back and lap up any sort of shite then you do you, personally I’ll make myself heard and show my discontent. As will others.

What you thinking?

You can "invest" all the time and money you have and ever will have but it doesn't make it "your club" no matter how much you perceive that to be the case.

In this set up, fans are customers. It's no different to thinking you have some influence on who is employed at your local Tesco because you shop there.

Unless you are employed at senior level by the club you have no say on recruitment, nor should you. Your opinion means nothing to the club, it's not your decision who to employ. What would make you think that the club would consider you suitably qualified to have a valid opinion?

If Dean Holden is the next Manager, it wouldn't have been my first choice either. But it's not my decision any more than it is yours.

To protest would appear classless and spiteful towards a man (Dean) who has done absolutely nothing wrong. If you would like to protest, just keep your money in your pocket, it's not going to reduce your influence on recruitment any further.

Also, why start a thread on a forum if you don't want to hear an opinion that differs from your own? Odd.

Maybe we could all help Dean Holden make up his mind this weekend.

I don’t do Twitter myself, I’m old skool coming to terms with all these new fangled things.

Is it possible to leave msgs on  Twitter to Dean Holden to help him make up his mind on whether becoming our manager is a good thing for him, the fans, the club?

4 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

You are the second person to spout this type of comment

And As somebody whose trailed the UK supporting City for probably as many years as you I actually hope people like you and the other sneering 'Superfans' end up sat in a small group huddled together in the Lansdown watching us struggling at home to Accrington Stanley

Id have a blind that bet the 'Gas Destroyer'' actually has , and displayed, more PASSION for the Club than people like you ever have  

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

Maybe we could all help Dean Holden make up his mind this weekend.

I don’t do Twitter myself, I’m old skool coming to terms with all these new fangled things.

Is it possible to leave msgs on  Twitter to Dean Holden to help him make up his mind on whether becoming our manager is a good thing for him, the fans, the club?

Good idea. I just posted my support for him and told him to go for it!

1 hour ago, JollyestOli said:

What you thinking?

I’m thinking you need an early night.

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

You’re happy paying premier league prices as long as we’re in the league above Bristol Rovers? ?

I'm happy paying what I do at the moment to be in the Championship. I come from Suffolk and remember the Tractor Boy's final season in the top division. It wasn't nice - it was a bloodbath. It's the gift to be just where you ought to be in football and City are where we deserve to be at the moment. We deserve a better process for appointing a new manager, fully agreed, but yes I'm happy to be in the Championship until we're fit to venture upwards. And, no. I don't think Holden will get us there and maybe Hughton might have. So I'm not a happy clapper these days but I'm not booing yet either. 

And thanks for asking a courteous question! Much appreciated.

17 minutes ago, GJS said:

What I am finding hard now is how to support and give money to a club that clearly doesn’t want the best for the club. It’s all about the f——ing money. 

What a joke. This is the first time since supporting the club I’ve had any doubt about supporting the club.

You ain’t been around for long then if you think this is the darkest day in our history.

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You are the second person to spout this type of comment

And As somebody whose trailed the UK supporting City for probably as many years as you I actually hope people like you and the other sneering 'Superfans' end up sat in a small group huddled together in the Lansdown watching us struggling at home to Accrington Stanley

Id have a blind that bet the 'Gas Destroyer'' actually has , and displayed, more PASSION for the Club than people like you ever have  

I think you're confusing me with a sneering superfan but, yes, I would go to watch Accrington Stanley if we're playing them. As you must have done - at least teams of a similar status - in the years you've supported City.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You ain’t been around for long then if you think this is the darkest day in our history.

I have, and to me it's up there!

I appreciate that for whatever reason you have a relentless optimism and won't see it that way. I wish I could be as optimistic. What I see is promises of a global search, applicants galore, breath of fresh air...and we appoint Dean Holden...Dean Holden!

...good grief! It's worse than Tinnion and Millen.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I have, and to me it's up there!

I appreciate that for whatever reason you have a relentless optimism and won't see it that way. I wish I could be as optimistic. What I see is promises of a global search, applicants galore, breath of fresh air...and we appoint Dean Holden...Dean Holden!

...good grief! It's worse than Tinnion and Millen.

Do me a favour.  Tinnion was a player who had never coached, let alone managed.  Just calm down a bit and don’t jump into bed with all these silly kids getting hysterical about ‘their’ football club.

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Surely you follow BCFC whoever is in charge owners, managers & players come and go and real fans support through the good and bad times no matter how painful it is as it's a commitment for life 

You’d be surprised mate.  Apparently the owner can put millions of his own money into the club, but he can’t appoint a manager without consulting little Kevin from BS3.  Commitment for life?  Don’t make me laugh...

Archived