IGNORED

Protest - Make Yourselves Heard

Lenners

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Too many people have blind loyalties to the club to see they are being screwed over.

Speak with finances. Stop giving Lansdown money that he takes to invest in rugby.

3 x Season Tickets from my household not renewing, the only thing SL and MA are getting from me atm is ??

Not directly aimed at Holden being appointed, but having experienced how poor and expensive robins TV was for the final bits of last season, my option for the games that are played behind closed doors for next season will now be a refund. 

im sure I won’t be alone and I’m sure this will financially show the club the fans aren’t happy. 

48 minutes ago, bris red said:

Christ just getting to the Premier league would be a start.. the owner keeps bleating on about how he and his little spoilt privileged brat of a son want to get there - they have a funny way of showing it.

Be transparent with the fanbase and there wouldn’t be anywhere near as much of a backlash. Be honest with us that’s all the majority ask for. Its the lies that have made me now walk away from this club.

Nail on head mate.

If the club had kept quiet with all the BS about why LJ was got rid because we didn't make the playoffs, and how we need a fresh face and fresh idea's and all that other BS about how they want Premiership football we wouldn't be so angry.

The club is a frigging car crash top to bottom and if we don't sort it out soon then we're going to be back in L1.

The SAGS are getting a pretty good squad together so I'm worried, and haven't been worried for years!

The Championship is going to be at it's weakest than it has for many a year next season. No Villa (That hurts!) or that manual manipulator sat on a bean bag Bielsa and his Leeds dirty *******, along with Fulham (Pleased for Joe and Bobby) and WBA.

The clubs up and down don't really worry me that much. Brentford may go to the dogs if Ollie Watkins leaves and then the rest of the good players may follow out the door. Bournemouth won't be the same with no Howe.

All that good work over the last 4 years to become an established Championship side, not looking over our shoulders at the League 1 Trapdoor anymore could all go to pot.

I'm very much thinking that WE didn't turn Hughton down, he turned US down with there being far too much interfering from above and with rules in place to not let him be the manager in his own merit.

I admire SL very much and thank him for all he has done for the club, but at the end of the day he knows **** all about football. If he did then Chris Hughton would be sat in the office now (well 3 weeks ago) plotting a route to the Premiership that deep down I don't think SL gives a shit about. Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk springs to mind!

I don't think I've ever felt so deflated, angry, let down, we are being taken for mugs, and all they are interested in, is taking our money! (Tried getting a refund anyone!, frigging joke!)

24 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Not directly aimed at Holden being appointed, but having experienced how poor and expensive robins TV was for the final bits of last season, my option for the games that are played behind closed doors for next season will now be a refund. 

im sure I won’t be alone and I’m sure this will financially show the club the fans aren’t happy. 

Stick to your guns they need a wake up call ..

3 hours ago, Chappers said:

I’m going to post on every forum that I can find, be outraged all weekend, cancel my season card, set fire to my house, then if things go well, beg BCFC to let me have my SC back.

It’s done, decision made, either support the club and see how it goes, or Foxtrot Oscar quietly. Don’t think this will be the worst thing to happen in 2020

Pretty much sums it up for me.

40 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

I purchased audio commentary for one match. It was only a couple of quid, but its the principle. Anyway it didnt work, I think the site was literally acting like I didnt purchase anything yet when i clicked on the purchase screen again it told me it was purchased. 

Anyway, I didnt get the commentary. I emailed the club. Heard nothing back. So they happily took my money, I received zero product. Quality professionalism from the club. 

1 hour ago, GJS said:

No. Stick with them. But what if you feel like the people running the club are not 100% committed on success for the club. What if you think the people running the club are doing it to make money rather then getting success for the fans?

this is what this appointment feels like to me. I won’t be going to games in the near future. I won’t be buying new kits for me or my kids.

why would I ?

Here to make money is an odd statement for a club which made via Bristol City Holdings combined operating losses of £50-51m across 2017/18 and 2018/19.

If you mean potential to make money then yes in the medium, if not long term.

If you mean individuals here to make money- Ashton? Then maybe.

Far from make money, and this isn't an endorsement of Holden if SL decided he had enough tomorrow what would happen?

Administration by Monday morning or any reserves run out if later- that's what!

Firstly I must say I am totally underwhelmed if this news about Dean Holden is true. That said I won't be protesting any time soon although I would defend their rights on anyone who did wish to.

I do, however, have a few issues irritating me with the clubs handling of this process. We have been told many time to trust the club/board/owner but to forge trust you first need honesty. Far to many times we've been mislead by those in charge of the club.

Mark Ashton said we were looking for someone to take us to the next level. With all due respect to Dean that is one helluva punt employing a coach who has only managed a club, Oldham, for a very short period of time, a coach, i think I'm right in saying, who has only worked under the manager we've just sacked.

I'm sure I remember Steve Lansdown asking us to judge him on Brian Tinnions appointment, that ended well. If we had to cut cost why not just come out and say so? Like  lot of people on here I remember 1982 I'm sure most would understand.

Then you have the other big part of Bristol Sport, the rugby club. The went for a head coach with a great C.V. and are now reaping the rewards, its only natural City fans are envious when it appears the football club appoint a Head coach with little experience of managing a team. 

Some posters on this thread say we're at our right level, mid table in the second tier but if that is the case why raise expectations. Also if we the hierarchy of the club are happy to be mid table why sack Lee Johnson?

Steve Lansdown may be the majority share holder and thus owns the club but he doesn't own the history or the passion that the fans provide. Without the passionate support the club is nothing. Don't get me wrong as a City fan I'm grateful for the backing he has given the club but that doesn't put him beyond criticism. This feels like another David Moyes moment when we could have made a statement but didn't take the opportunity.

Finally what about Dean Holden? He seems to be a nice guy and I wish him well if he accepts the job. But he's already behind the eight ball thanks to the Ashton Gate PR machine. If a new man came in he would have a honeymoon period whilst he gets to know his squad. Dean already knows the squad and so he'll need to hit the ground running or the already toxic feeling goes into overdrive. If we struggle in the first 10 games he will be seen as a part of this seasons failure along with LJ and JMc. Is the opportunity a golden chance to make name for himself or a poison chalice that could affect his future career? Only time will tell, I just hope he's not the football equivalent of collateral damage.

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In that case they should be ashamed.  There hasn’t even been an appointment, yet the yesterday on this forum is astonishing.  Grown men.  Jesus...

To be honest I'm getting a bit sick of your condescending "pragmatism" lately.

6 hours ago, numbeast said:

Firstly I must say I am totally underwhelmed if this news about Dean Holden is true. That said I won't be protesting any time soon although I would defend their rights on anyone who did wish to.

I do, however, have a few issues irritating me with the clubs handling of this process. We have been told many time to trust the club/board/owner but to forge trust you first need honesty. Far to many times we've been mislead by those in charge of the club.

Mark Ashton said we were looking for someone to take us to the next level. With all due respect to Dean that is one helluva punt employing a coach who has only managed a club, Oldham, for a very short period of time, a coach, i think I'm right in saying, who has only worked under the manager we've just sacked.

I'm sure I remember Steve Lansdown asking us to judge him on Brian Tinnions appointment, that ended well. If we had to cut cost why not just come out and say so? Like  lot of people on here I remember 1982 I'm sure most would understand.

Then you have the other big part of Bristol Sport, the rugby club. The went for a head coach with a great C.V. and are now reaping the rewards, its only natural City fans are envious when it appears the football club appoint a Head coach with little experience of managing a team. 

Some posters on this thread say we're at our right level, mid table in the second tier but if that is the case why raise expectations. Also if we the hierarchy of the club are happy to be mid table why sack Lee Johnson?

Steve Lansdown may be the majority share holder and thus owns the club but he doesn't own the history or the passion that the fans provide. Without the passionate support the club is nothing. Don't get me wrong as a City fan I'm grateful for the backing he has given the club but that doesn't put him beyond criticism. This feels like another David Moyes moment when we could have made a statement but didn't take the opportunity.

Finally what about Dean Holden? He seems to be a nice guy and I wish him well if he accepts the job. But he's already behind the eight ball thanks to the Ashton Gate PR machine. If a new man came in he would have a honeymoon period whilst he gets to know his squad. Dean already knows the squad and so he'll need to hit the ground running or the already toxic feeling goes into overdrive. If we struggle in the first 10 games he will be seen as a part of this seasons failure along with LJ and JMc. Is the opportunity a golden chance to make name for himself or a poison chalice that could affect his future career? Only time will tell, I just hope he's not the football equivalent of collateral damage.

Can we have an abridged version of this ..please ?

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

3 x Season Tickets from my household not renewing, the only thing SL and MA are getting from me atm is ??

3 less casuals gone ... it is not a consideration for true City to have that option, even when we were bottom of the fourth, let alone mid table in the Championship, bye..bye..

9 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Surely you follow BCFC whoever is in charge owners, managers & players come and go and real fans support through the good and bad times no matter how painful it is as it's a commitment for life 

No not anymore, a lot of our fan base are fickle, no passion, going to the Gate is like the Cinema to them, just the way Bristol is and Manchester, Liverpool etc is not. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Only according to Gregor. I cant see Holden being our number 1. It just cant happen surely?

Embarrassment of a Club if that happens. 

Sky reporting it as well - if the club have allowed Gregor to post this without it being true then even more embarrassing 

11 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

3 less casuals gone ... it is not a consideration for true City to have that option, even when we were bottom of the fourth, let alone mid table in the Championship, bye..bye..

:laugh:, I have had a ST for 20 years and won't be renewing now this season. If 20 years = casual then Blackbird1= idiot.

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

:laugh:, I have had a ST for 20 years and won't be renewing now this season. If 20 years = casual then Blackbird1= idiot.

Bye then..non negotiable for me, fickle you are...don't even really know if he's got the job, and you call me the idiot, have a word.

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

8th in the championship isn’t mediocre shit for a club of our size, ask any fan across the country and they’d say that would be us over performing...

Ask any casual and they’d say that yes. Ask anyone who actually follows championship football and they won’t, other fans in this league are well aware of the quality we have and the amount of money we’ve spent! The anger isn’t because we are doing well in the league over the last few seasons. It’s because we were promised a manager with more experience and someone who can help take us to the premier league by our owner after Johnson was sacked, only for them to announce his number 2 who has been part of some of the most boring football we’ve seen! Our fans need to be more vocal about this but some of you are just happy to let them mug you off. If they want to be a mediocre team letting everyone see us as over achieving finishing 8th then come out and make that bloody clear! Don’t come out and say we want Europe in 5 years and we’re desperate to get in the prem.

Millwall wouldn’t get this sort of reaction if it was them in this situation because they’ve not been fed a load of crap from the powers that be, yet they finished higher than us after spending a lot less. We now genuinely have the worst head coach/manager in the league, we’ve never been in a better position to bring in someone with experience and quality. Stop buying in to this “we’re a small club in this league” bullshit and open your eyes, we spend more than 90% of the league and are in the top 10 for attendances, we haven’t been over achieving, we’ve been under achieving for the last 2 seasons. If you can’t see that then Jesus Christ.... 

1 hour ago, Blackbird1 said:

Casual? No chance, been going for 30+ years, I'm just not interested in putting my hard earned money into the club when we are being lied to and led up the garden path.

I think something that could be an avenue for this is putting a petition together that demands straight answers to a few questions about this appointment.

Questions that challenge statements from SL’s TalkSport interview, Ashton’s statement, the time it’s taken and questions about how they’ve made the appointment much more difficult for Holden as a result.

This could be a collaborative thing on OTIB and I think could gain a lot of traction.

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I thought that the period for renewals had closed long time back. If you haven't already renewed for 20-21 I don't think the club will be asking you to.

If you're talking about 21-22, maybe a tad premature; if we win promotion next season there will be a queue waiting to take your seats! 

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think something that could be an avenue for this is putting a petition together that demands straight answers to a few questions about this appointment.

Questions that challenge statements from SL’s TalkSport interview, Ashton’s statement, the time it’s taken and questions about how they’ve made the appointment much more difficult for Holden as a result.

This could be a collaborative thing on OTIB and I think could gain a lot of traction.

I think that's a good call. As "customers" we have a right to know about the changes they've made to our shop

Archived