IGNORED

Protest - Make Yourselves Heard

Lenners

14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Surely you follow BCFC whoever is in charge owners, managers & players come and go and real fans support through the good and bad times no matter how painful it is as it's a commitment for life 

Why? What if the team got taken over by owners that said they wouldn’t ever employ black people. Would you still support them then?

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do me a favour.  Tinnion was a player who had never coached, let alone managed.  Just calm down a bit and don’t jump into bed with all these silly kids getting hysterical about ‘their’ football club.

I'm perfectly calm.

None of the handful of posters I know personally on here can possibly be described as 'kids'. Indeed I have kids who themselves can't be called kids! None of them think this is anything other than the wrong call.

Of course this is 'my' football club, as much as I'm sure it is yours. I wouldn't have travelled all over the country watching City for decades without some sense of strong emotional connection. I'm sure you feel the same. For me, but obviously not you, this is a turning point. We could have taken a massive step forward with the appointment of a top quality manager with experience...we've gone for the polar opposite. It does feel like Tinnion and Millen to me, but worse, the opportunities to make a different call were greater.

Profound disappointment. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

I'm perfectly calm.

None of the handful of posters I know personally on here can possibly be described as 'kids'. Indeed I have kids who themselves can't be called kids! None of them think this is anything other than the wrong call.

Of course this is 'my' football club, as much as I'm sure it is yours. I wouldn't have travelled all over the country watching City for decades without some sense of strong emotional connection. I'm sure you feel the same. For me, but obviously not you, this is a turning point. We could have taken a massive step forward with the appointment of a top quality manager with experience...we've gone for the polar opposite. It does feel like Tinnion and Millen to me, but worse, the opportunities to make a different call were greater.

Profound disappointment. 

In that case they should be ashamed.  There hasn’t even been an appointment, yet the yesterday on this forum is astonishing.  Grown men.  Jesus...

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In that case they should be ashamed.  There hasn’t even been an appointment, yet the yesterday on this forum is astonishing.  Grown men.  Jesus...

Ashamed? Hmm...I'm not sure how that is an appropriate response to anything I wrote but hey...if you're happy...

1 hour ago, JollyestOli said:

This is my football club which is my livelihood and something I invest thousands of pounds and countless numbers of hours into every season.

If you’re happy to sit back and lap up any sort of shite then you do you, personally I’ll make myself heard and show my discontent. As will others.

What you thinking?

The point is It is not YOUR club  You just follow it

As for the money you have invested When you have spent what SL has then may be you can have the manager you want

6 minutes ago, GJS said:

Why? What if the team got taken over by owners that said they wouldn’t ever employ black people. Would you still support them then?

Im talking from my own experiences of following STFC for 45 years which gladly racism has never been involved and somehow in the modern world I don't think that would be allowed to happen 

1 hour ago, RedHienz said:

Holden is our king! 

Fcking protest, people dying and you want to protest a 2nd tier managerial appointment. Get a grip on a reality.

I think you'll find people have been dying ever since the human race began? Whether or not King Dean is appointed or otherwise.....I think it's a safe bet that people will continue to shuffle off this mortal coil. ?  PS. You didn't specify which reality we should get a grip of, just checkin? ?

7 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Im talking from my own experiences of following STFC for 45 years which gladly racism has never been involved and somehow in the modern world I don't think that would be allowed to happen 

You said you would support whoever was in charge. My question is would you still support the club if the owner said he would never employ a black person?

1 minute ago, GJS said:

You said you would support whoever was in charge. My question is would you still support the club if the owner said he would never employ a black person?

You're talking about exceptional  circumstances which I hope would never happen and no I wouldn't support my club if that happened and if It did I'm pretty certain anarchy would break out up and down the country 

2 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

What’s happening then, if Holden does take the job?

Got to be some sort of action taken next Friday or Saturday, I’m sick to the back teeth of this shit.

For those who don’t want want to voice their discontent and are happy sat in their little bubble lapping up whatever shite the club feed them, don’t bother rolling in on your moral high horse and offering your two pennies worth as I can assure you nobody asked for it.

?

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

You're talking about exceptional  circumstances which I hope would never happen and no I wouldn't support my club if that happened and if It did I'm pretty certain anarchy would break out up and down the country 

So everyone has their limits?!

I'm finding it hard how you can justify supporting a club when you know that the owners/hierarchy are not committed on success.

What is the point of supporting?

Just support because you are a “supporter”.

I am not actually saying I’m not going to keep being a fan but I’m questioning what is the point?

If the people running the club clearly don’t want the club to succeed then what is the point?

It just seems pointless.

I posted a thread on the Facebook group, it proved that the fans don’t actually really care. One lad offered to kick me in the face which was constructive. My problem is the fans will allow this to happen unchecked. If you go to McDonalds and get a crap burger, you stop going to McDonalds until they change the person making the burgers. You vote with you wallet as that is all you can do to make your feelings know.  We need to do the same, it’s not anti club, it’s about being anti establishment. They claim to want premier league football but they have lied. You don’t move forward by moving backwards. There are dozens of better options across Europe and MA said that was the scope of our candidates. Who knows what the future holds but it is absolutely one without AJ going to games. I simply cannot continue to fund them whilst they treat us with such little regard. I love my club enough to not go.

6 minutes ago, GJS said:

So everyone has their limits?!

I'm finding it hard how you can justify supporting a club when you know that the owners/hierarchy are not committed on success.

What is the point of supporting?

Just support because you are a “supporter”.

I am not actually saying I’m not going to keep being a fan but I’m questioning what is the point?

If the people running the club clearly don’t want the club to succeed then what is the point?

It just seems pointless.

All I can say from my perspective is I started going to football as a young school kid and have been hooked ever since and although we all want success I'd rather experience the relegations and promotions than end up like a Chester, Hereford & Darlington etc. City could get in the Premiership and finish rock bottom on 15 points and come straight back down so what do you do the following season abandon them? 

24 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

The point is It is not YOUR club  You just follow it

As for the money you have invested When you have spent what SL has then may be you can have the manager you want

So what's the point of a club having a fan base and selling season tickets? If wasn't for us fans SL sodding lansdown wouldnt have a football club, I don't care how many shares he's sold to keep this club afloat because his appointments are becoming shambolic.. Honestly do people really think he will get us to the premierleague with decisions like this.. Let's get out there and really show we feel. Lansdown and Ashton are not untouchable!!!

Just now, Street red said:

So what's the point of a club having a fan base and selling season tickets? If wasn't for us fans SL sodding lansdown wouldnt have a football club, I don't care how many shares he's sold to keep this club afloat because his appointments are becoming shambolic.. Honestly do people really think he will get us to the premierleague with decisions like this.. Let's get out there and really show how we feel. Lansdown and Ashton are not untouchable!!!

1 minute ago, Street red said:

So what's the point of a club having a fan base and selling season tickets? If wasn't for us fans SL sodding lansdown wouldnt have a football club, I don't care how many shares he's sold to keep this club afloat because his appointments are becoming shambolic.. Honestly do people really think he will get us to the premierleague with decisions like this.. Let's get out there and really show we feel. Lansdown and Ashton are not untouchable!!!

You do that, but don’t forget that you’re not speaking for anyone but yourself.  Maybe it will be cathartic for you.  Me, I’m just looking forward to watching football down at the Gate again.

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

All I can say from my perspective is I started going to football as a young school kid and have been hooked ever since and although we all want success I'd rather experience the relegations and promotions than end up like a Chester, Hereford & Darlington etc. City could get in the Premiership and finish rock bottom on 15 points and come straight back down so what do you do the following season abandon them? 

No. Stick with them. But what if you feel like the people running the club are not 100% committed on success for the club. What if you think the people running the club are doing it to make money rather then getting success for the fans?

this is what this appointment feels like to me. I won’t be going to games in the near future. I won’t be buying new kits for me or my kids.

why would I ?

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You do that, but don’t forget that you’re not speaking for anyone but yourself.  Maybe it will be cathartic for you.  Me, I’m just looking forward to watching football down at the Gate again.

Don't think I've seen football being played for the last two years if that's what you call it.. Which Holden was part of.. Beggers belief!!

2 minutes ago, GJS said:

No. Stick with them. But what if you feel like the people running the club are not 100% committed on success for the club. What if you think the people running the club are doing it to make money rather then getting success for the fans?

this is what this appointment feels like to me. I won’t be going to games in the near future. I won’t be buying new kits for me or my kids.

why would I ?

Don't forget we've got Lee Power who openly says he's here to make money but at the moment we're stuck with him and if I stopped supporting the club I would just be depriving myself 

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Christ just getting to the Premier league would be a start.. the owner keeps bleating on about how he and his little spoilt privileged brat of a son want to get there - they have a funny way of showing it.

Be transparent with the fanbase and there wouldn’t be anywhere near as much of a backlash. Be honest with us that’s all the majority ask for. Its the lies that have made me now walk away from this club.

1 hour ago, daored said:

it’s Holden’s job just got to decide if he now wants it 

Sorry, but are we now saying that Holden 1) applied for the job, 2) got the job and then 3) didn't know whether he wanted it?

What a bizarre train of thought that would be. Why the hell would he need time to think about it? I imagine (but don't know) that he's been offered the No 2 job and that's why Mac has had to go to make room.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Christ just getting to the Premier league would be a start.. the owner keeps bleating on about how he and his little spoilt privileged brat of a son want to get there - they have a funny way of showing it.

Be transparent with the fanbase and there wouldn’t be anywhere near as much of a backlash. Be honest with us that’s all the majority ask for. Its the lies that have made me now walk away from this club.

I sympathise with you guys as it's gone on too long now without regular updates since a brief mention on Points West a couple of weeks ago saying there was a shortlist of three 

2 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Sorry, but are we now saying that Holden 1) applied for the job, 2) got the job and then 3) didn't know whether he wanted it?

What a bizarre train of thought that would be. Why the hell would he need time to think about it? I imagine (but don't know) that he's been offered the No 2 job and that's why Mac has had to go to make room.

Hope your right.

8 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I posted a thread on the Facebook group, it proved that the fans don’t actually really care. One lad offered to kick me in the face which was constructive. My problem is the fans will allow this to happen unchecked. If you go to McDonalds and get a crap burger, you stop going to McDonalds until they change the person making the burgers. You vote with you wallet as that is all you can do to make your feelings know.  We need to do the same, it’s not anti club, it’s about being anti establishment. They claim to want premier league football but they have lied. You don’t move forward by moving backwards. There are dozens of better options across Europe and MA said that was the scope of our candidates. Who knows what the future holds but it is absolutely one without AJ going to games. I simply cannot continue to fund them whilst they treat us with such little regard. I love my club enough to not go.

You can't just write any old simile and make it work... Macdonalds is a faceless franchise who you have no relationship with other than your stomach. No this is way deeper like a family crisis . This is the the dodgy uncle getting everybody together to say he has found a new wife and rolling out a Thai bride he met last week on his hols. Half the family bury the head in their hands and rest smile politely whilst saying 'this won't last' under their breath. What the WHOLE family must always do is be respectful to their guest and cross their fingers that it may just work?

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

Maybe we could all help Dean Holden make up his mind this weekend.

I don’t do Twitter myself, I’m old skool coming to terms with all these new fangled things.

Is it possible to leave msgs on  Twitter to Dean Holden to help him make up his mind on whether becoming our manager is a good thing for him, the fans, the club?

So you think it’s right to tell someone that they shouldn’t go for a job they have been offered when you don’t know the guy or have any where near the knowledge of football management or coaching that he has and expect him to listen to you?

I checked out his Twitter account and he seems like really decent bloke and family man who in no way deserves the anger and potential threats from fans he has been giving his all for so far.

I most certainly wasn’t calling for him to be given the job but the fact he has we should get behind him now and give him every chance to succeed.

12 minutes ago, Calculus said:

9 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Hope your right.

1) Holden applied for the job  2) sorry but we're looking for experience and have lots of applicants to consider  3) how do you fancy the job as none of the big names were  interested or I wouldn't pay the compensation  4) I'll have to think about it as you didn't really want me and you haven't anybody else lined up!  5) meanwhile long suffering fans are kept in the dark 

Archived