IGNORED

Lee Johnson

BS3_RED

I wanted the sacking of Johnson to be a key moment in our history, i was expecting us to appointment a head coach with experience that could take the football club to the next level.

we we’re told we were chasing Stevie G, were told coaches all over the world wanted the job.

CH wanted the job and we all got dizzy with excitement.

Instead the forward thinking club we are offer it to Dean Holden.

what a wasted sacking in the first place, and what a wasted 6 weeks when infact we could have given the job to Holden the first day!

lee Johnson, i wanted you sacked but have now got to say it was the most stupidest sacking in this clubs history.

I hate to say I told you so but my worry if LJ was to go was always who we would replace him with. No point sacking a manager of you end up worse off.  I expected an underwhelming Robins or Lowe type but it’s even worse than I expected.

I’d take LJ over where we are now all day long. 

11 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

After the last 5 weeks since he got sacked. I’d have him back in a heartbeat

What about during the period Dean was in charge? Say after his first 2 games? Were you shouting for Lee to come back then?

DH wasn't my first choice, but if he takes over, give the guy chance and see what happens.

Personally I think Dean got better results in the very short time he was in charge than LJ would have done so no, I wouldn't have Lee back - even after the last 5 weeks strange times.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Wouldn't have him back.

That said, some of you who screamed for him to be sacked virtually from day one were often told to be careful what you wished for. And here we are.

So is that the fault of those who felt Johnson had run his course or those in charge of our club?

Lee, if you're reading otib. You are well and truly better off away from AG

You worked your socks off, cared deeply about the club and did your best

AG is toxic. Something isn't right about the way we are running things. This stinks

If DH was the answer, you shouldn't have been sacked 

23 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

What about during the period Dean was in charge? Say after his first 2 games? Were you shouting for Lee to come back then?

DH wasn't my first choice, but if he takes over, give the guy chance and see what happens.

Personally I think Dean got better results in the very short time he was in charge than LJ would have done so no, I wouldn't have Lee back - even after the last 5 weeks strange times.

Please explain what dean Holden did that was so special.. he scrapped a win against a hull side that a few days later got humiliated by wigan, beat a poor Middlesbrough side and then picked up 1 point from 9 against the half decent sides we played.

2 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Please explain what dean Holden did that was so special.. he scrapped a win against a hull side that a few days later got humiliated by wigan, beat a poor Middlesbrough side and then picked up 1 point from 9 against the half decent sides we played.

2 points from 9 actually.

6 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Stepped up during a bad run of form where clearly things weren't right on the pitch. Changed things and managed to end that bad form and get the players believing again.

Picked up points from games that I don't beleive LJ would've under the same set up, tactics and instructions he'd been running with.

Agree they may not have been the cream of the crop of teams and there's still more to be done but the results were important and ending that poor run, and lifting the team was more important.

14 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

He said YES to the owner & will be compliant.

Personally, I would have gone for the man from Del Monte because he says it far better.

37 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Wouldn't have him back.

That said, some of you who screamed for him to be sacked virtually from day one were often told to be careful what you wished for. And here we are.

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with supporters wanting LJ out though, that was long overdue anyway.

If we end up worse off, as looks likely, the blame for that sits fair and squarely with the board, not the fans.  

The board/owner have created this mess, all by themselves.

54 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Wouldn't have him back.

Lee Johnson appointed  (Poor decision in my opinion)

Lee Johnson dismissed (Good decision in my opinion albeit after too much blind faith)

So an opportunity on the table to deliver the next stage / level of the much vaunted 'project' (Any competent Club will have been prepared for any change ....ohhhhhhhhhh)

If the information about Holden is true one of the most staggering decisions Ive witnessed in half a century of City

So thats the fans fault for wanting the bluffer out ?

Wow

Oe things for sure Ive not seen the extreme level of anger amongst the fanbase in my years of City

With the Lansdowns receiving sustained floods of criticism , and much more,  on social media they arnt gonna be happy,  and I expect SL to have the hump again - I hope for McGregors sake he is at least accurate in his information as hes likely to be finished in Bristol both with the Club and the fanbase if hes started a monumental  s***storm without foundation 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

I wanted the sacking of Johnson to be a key moment in our history, i was expecting us to appointment a head coach with experience that could take the football club to the next level.

we we’re told we were chasing Stevie G, were told coaches all over the world wanted the job.

CH wanted the job and we all got dizzy with excitement.

Instead the forward thinking club we are offer it to Dean Holden.

what a wasted sacking in the first place, and what a wasted 6 weeks when infact we could have given the job to Holden the first day!

lee Johnson, i wanted you sacked but have now got to say it was the most stupidest sacking in this clubs history.

That last sentence was my reason for not wanting LJ out, I said all along if we can replace him with a big name or someone exciting then great but if not there’s no point getting rid.

57 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Lee Johnson appointed  (Poor decision in my opinion)

Lee Johnson dismissed (Good decision in my opinion albeit after too much blind faith)

So an opportunity on the table to deliver the next stage / level of the much vaunted 'project' (Any competent Club will have been prepared for any change ....ohhhhhhhhhh)

If the information about Holden is true one of the most staggering decisions Ive witnessed in half a century of City

So thats the fans fault for wanting the bluffer out ?

Wow

Oe things for sure Ive not seen the extreme level of anger amongst the fanbase in my years of City

With the Lansdowns receiving sustained floods of criticism , and much more,  on social media they arnt gonna be happy,  and I expect SL to have the hump again - I hope for McGregors sake he is at least accurate in his information as hes likely to be finished in Bristol both with the Club and the fanbase if hes started a monumental  s***storm without foundation 

No.

2 hours ago, ReggyRed said:

Archived