IGNORED

How the hell does Ashton spin this?

ChippenhamRed

40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I am talking about what he might say, not what he has said. I am asking how he can possibly claim Holden is the right man for the job. Remarkable that I had to explain that.

I note you have declined to offer any evidence for your claim that Holden hasn’t been offered the job.

All good Chip Red, same though that there is no evidence that DH has the job. Common sense needs to be taken on board, if DH went to BS3 after his well deserved holiday on Friday arvo you would of thought he would have been paraded on the pitch with all the media that he had the job.

it is most likely he was offered an extended contract to work with the new coach plus a very healthy bonus package to stay with the club and provide 100% support to the new gaffer.

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

All good Chip Red, same though that there is no evidence that DH has the job. Common sense needs to be taken on board, if DH went to BS3 after his well deserved holiday on Friday arvo you would of thought he would have been paraded on the pitch with all the media that he had the job.

it is most likely he was offered an extended contract to work with the new coach plus a very healthy bonus package to stay with the club and provide 100% support to the new gaffer.

Are you completely ignoring the tweets from Gregor (who’s been spot on throughout) saying he’s been offered the job?

There is mounting evidence that he has been offered the job and you have given us nothing to back up your claim that he hasn’t.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If the board had a proven track record of success when promoting internally then that would be different. Their record of internal appointments is poor. Their recent record of external appointments also very patchy. It’s obvious people are going to be concerned.

The membership of the board is not set in stone. Directors come and go. The current makeup of the board is different for this decision than those in the past. They will live and learn and hopefully make wise decisions based upon the evidence and data - neither of which are available to us fans.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

The membership of the board is not set in stone. Directors come and go. The current makeup of the board is different for this decision than those in the past. They will live and learn and hopefully make wise decisions based upon the evidence and data - neither of which are available to us fans.

Are you doing this for a bit or a laugh or can you genuinely not see why people are concerned? Baffling if you can’t. 

You don’t think the CVs of the prospective candidates are available to us fans? It’s there for all to see.

Yet another reason why this whole debacle shouldn’t be entering a 6th week.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Are you doing this for a bit or a laugh or can you genuinely not see why people are concerned? Baffling if you can’t. 

I can see why. But their frustration is pretty futile because they cannot change or influence decisions. 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are you completely ignoring the tweets from Gregor (who’s been spot on throughout) saying he’s been offered the job?

There is mounting evidence that he has been offered the job and you have given us nothing to back up your claim that he hasn’t.

Lets wait and see i suppose. We all want the best for the club at the end of the day 

I can see why. But their frustration is pretty futile because they cannot change or influence decisions. 

Actually we can - it’s already impacting the announcement. If fans were fine with it I'm sure it would’ve been done and dusted by now.

If it’s so futile and people should accept it, why are you prolifically defending it? Lead by example and take a break from the forum

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You don’t think the CVs of the prospective candidates are available to us fans? It’s there for all to see.

Yet another reason why this whole debacle shouldn’t be entering a 6th week.

The CVs have to be looked at in conjunction with the specifications or the position as decided by the board. They will interpret the outcome and question the candidates to ascertain suitability.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Actually we can - it’s already impacting the announcement. If fans were fine with it I'm sure it would’ve been done and dusted by now.

If it’s so futile and people should accept it, why are you prolifically defending it? Lead by example and take a break from the forum

If I turn off the lights then the forces of darkness take over unopposed.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Forces of darkness meaning the likes of @Phileas Fogg, @ChippenhamRed, @Fordy62, and @Mr Popodopolous etc discussing a managerial appointment? 

*probably in @Mr Popodopolous’ case, something to do with FFP too.

Not really. But thee have been many very negative comments on here about this change of manager, the directors and the club in general, and I have just expressed different opinions.  Sometimes those in the herd think this is wrong. I was unhappy that Lee was sacked, but we move on. The king is dead - long live the king!

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I actually hate we may have a manager people are already calling "deano"

That’s a decent point. Chris Hughton would never be called ‘Chrissy’. My biggest concern with Holden being ‘popular with the players’ is over familiarity and a lack of proper leadership.

Cotterill was called ‘Cotts’ by some in fairness, but ‘Deano’ is far too familiar and pally. I hope this doesn’t trickle down to the players. 

9 minutes ago, redsocks said:

It seems to me reading the forum over the last 24 hours the problem at city is MARK ASHTON.He seems to want to run everything including transfers.so as long as he is here we will never move on and get a proper manager to take this club forward.

With the exception of this (somewhat odd) season, we having been moving forward year on year. 

We have also pulled off some rather spectacular transfer activity.

Hate all you like, but these are undeniable facts.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a decent point. Chris Hughton would never be called ‘Chrissy’. My biggest concern with Holden being ‘popular with the players’ is over familiarity and a lack of proper leadership.

Cotterill was called ‘Cotts’ by some in fairness, but ‘Deano’ is far too familiar and pally. I hope this doesn’t trickle down to the players. 

Exactly, the fact that he’s said to be very popular within the camp is not a good reason for him to be given the job. Quite the opposite in fact, because once he has total control, he will inevitably have crack the whip, and the goodwill from the players will disappear very quickly. Deano must insist on being called Boss or Gaffer, he can no longer be friendly with the players.

42 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

A smokescreen for what? Who are we trying to mislead? Why? I don’t get it.

Wigan viz appointment of Cook.

Maybe Hughton (and others) to reduce their demands.

Maybe to allow time for working out and agreeing a new management structure and sorting out roles for existing staff.

Maybe delaying for Howe.

Could be numerous reasons for ‘flying kites’ and delay tactics at present.

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

But he clearly isn’t though, everyone can see it. It’s a no win situation for Ashton and there’s no way he can come out of it looking good.

I’m quite looking forward to seeing what he says.

In your opinion. It has to be a positive announcement, otherwise you undermine DH instantly. I’m not really sure what everybody is expecting, interviews were done, there would be a number of criteria on which to base a decision, external events probably carry more weight right now, DH seems to have been considered best candidate. The club will obviously back its decision, and quite rightly so. 
With minimal fans in stadium next season, the keyboard outrage is irrelevant, if we do well, they will be back once full capacity allowed, it it goes badly, we will make a new appointment and they will return.

The problem with social media, it becomes a competition to be most outraged, rather than just seeing how things go.

2 minutes ago, Chappers said:

In your opinion. It has to be a positive announcement, otherwise you undermine DH instantly. I’m not really sure what everybody is expecting, interviews were done, there would be a number of criteria on which to base a decision, external events probably carry more weight right now, DH seems to have been considered best candidate. The club will obviously back its decision, and quite rightly so. 
With minimal fans in stadium next season, the keyboard outrage is irrelevant, if we do well, they will be back once full capacity allowed, it it goes badly, we will make a new appointment and they will return.

The problem with social media, it becomes a competition to be most outraged, rather than just seeing how things go.

What on earth can Ashton say that the wide majority of fans will accept and will make him look good? I genuinely can’t think of any way he can spin this.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

That's exactly what it is and what the whole "Holden is taking the weekend to think about it" story is about. In reality he's probably already accepted but they're playing for time.

Well most of us will be dead by 2080 !!

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Wigan viz appointment of Cook.

Maybe Hughton (and others) to reduce their demands.

Maybe to allow time for working out and agreeing a new management structure and sorting out roles for existing staff.

Maybe delaying for Howe.

Could be numerous reasons for ‘flying kites’ and delay tactics at present.

Little clue, my younger brother lives in the New Forest and is an International Tax Consultant. Eddie is not interested.

5 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

If it’s DH, I have already gone from furious to just deflated. SL mentioned a breath of fresh air? How is a coach from a failed regime a breath of fresh air? I worry I’m falling out of love with the modern game now, I just don’t get the buzz anymore. Next season il be cycling to Manor Farm and watching standing up. Il always have my eye open for City but just don’t feel il care as much.

If I get a Saturday off I may well see you there.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Im with the original poster. The board aren't stupid enough to give Holden the job as our number 1...

Hughton & Holden.... 

That's my guess. 

Archived