IGNORED

City Men and Women news

MattWSM

Does anyone else get fed up with reading the news on the website to find it's not about our first team it's about City women? It would be better if the men and women news was in a seperate area. I follow and support the women but surely they need an area on the site dedicated now given the amount of news.

3 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Does anyone else get fed up with reading the news on the website to find it's not about our first team it's about City women? It would be better if the men and women news was in a seperate area. I follow and support the women but surely they need an area on the site dedicated now given the amount of news.

Absolutely agree, except I don't follow or support the City Women.

I have no interest in them whatsoever.

• Admin
2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The interview with Tanya Oxtoby on the main site is interesting.  She describes Twerton Park, where the women are to play next season, as ‘a world class facility’.  I wouldn’t mind some of whatever she’s on...

I thought she was referring to the odd games being played at Ashton Gate 

20 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

It’s exposure and they need to garner support for the women’s game, yes lots of people aren’t interested but until the games grown to a decent amount it’s quite right it should appear alongside the men’s team.

Garner can support the Women's game all he likes. :whistle2:

Most of us though aren't the slightest bit interested and many, like me, may well be put off visiting the official site altogether when it is given such prominence.

Interest isn't likely to grow just because they insist on shoving it in our faces so often, but annoyance might.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Most of us though aren't the slightest bit interested and many, like me, may well be put off visiting the official site altogether when it is given such prominence.

Interest isn't likely to grow just because they insist on shoving it in our faces so often, but annoyance might.

Most of us? I assume you mean yourself and a few other people you know. If it indeed puts you off then firstly that is strange as usually I avoid clicking on articles I have no interest in.

Interest is likely to grow amongst people with no unconscious bias unlike yourself and a few people’s annoyance isn’t a good enough reason to withdraw promoting a team within the Bristol Sport empire.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

Has never bothered me and I hope the women's team continues to grow and gain more supporters.

I've said it before: if my daughter ever plays in a City shirt I'll be incredibly proud.

Ditto with mine. Although they appear to have inherited my talent for the game... :facepalm:

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

It's been very many years since I have followed women and at my age, I have no plans to do this again.  

I thought that was because of the injunction?  ;)

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

How is it shoved into front of your face so often?

Personally I go to the site, and if it's a story and I've not interested I just ignore it or close it. There are lots of other stories on there I also don't care about but don't feel like they're shoved in front of my face.

Archived