IGNORED

positive message for dean holden lets all pull together

big dosser

lets all be honest chaps we have had some right old ding dongs on here for the last couple of weeks which has caused many of us to have a right go at each other and this is caused by the love and passion for are beloved club {yes are club Bristol city)

if you agree or don't with the appointment one thing is for sure if I had the chance to manage Bristol city fc I would step up in a heartbeat and im sure most of you would to.

i will give dean the upmost respect for taking on the challenge and get behind him and the team as much as i can.

i feel this is the time we all need to pull together as one more than ever and im sure dean is going to need all are support which im sure he will get

one thing chaps to remember is this is our club and will always be our club weather you own it or not we all put are hard earned money into it we all have the ups and downs together.

BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB FOR LIFE

4 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

lets all be honest chaps we have had some right old ding dongs on here for the last couple of weeks which has caused many of us to have a right go at each other and this is caused by the love and passion for are beloved club {yes are club Bristol city)

if you agree or don't with the appointment one thing is for sure if I had the chance to manage Bristol city fc I would step up in a heartbeat and im sure most of you would to.

i will give dean the upmost respect for taking on the challenge and get behind him and the team as much as i can.

i feel this is the time we all need to pull together as one more than ever and im sure dean is going to need all are support which im sure he will get

one thing chaps to remember is this is our club and will always be our club weather you own it or not we all put are hard earned money into it we all have the ups and downs together.

Shall we see if he accepts it first and then we can all lay into each other again

8 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

You would say that 

8 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

UP'S  We start to climb then get kicked. The club were building towards the Prem so this appointment will be another kick. I will give the new manager a chance, but if he cant get i right where it counts then i will be one of the first to blast.

He personally has my full support as do the team, but I’m really angry with how the board have made things so much harder for him. 

He’s going to be given no time from many fans and is fighting on the back foot before he’s started. It’s incredibly unfair how they’ve dropped him in it like this. 

Personally I’m expecting top 6 as this was what LJ was sacked for not achieving.

Best of luck Dean, you’re going to need it.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Im City forever always have been always will be. I will however significantly scale back my support for this club whilst this current dictatorship is in charge. 

So would you rather have a foreign owner who will asset-strip the club into bankruptcy as has happened to several other clubs in the Championship? As with the campaign to get LJ out changes don't always result in the situation improving and it can get much worse. The Lansdowns have pumped tens of millions into this club and are entitles to appoint who they want, they are responsible owners and we should be grateful, many clubs will go to the wall during COVID but BCFC won't.

If it is Holden I won’t be putting another penny into this club until he has proved he was the right appointment. i.e he is an improvement on his predecessor.

i don’t think he will be and I think it’s an arrogant and ridiculous decision. I hope to god I’m wrong though as it will set us back a decade.

2 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

I have not seen many ding songs between people on the forum, more just frustration directed towards the board and the lengthy wait to appoint a manager

Yep people are very united on this. I think this is about as united as I’ve ever seen OTIB.

Obviously you get one or two who go against the grain or play devil’s advocate - but on the whole it seems unanimous concern about this whole affair.

I pulled my season ticket after Lee Johnsons appointment. At a time when we had a squad capable of achieving something with a couple of additions we took the cheap option and started selling off our young talent. 

No pulling needed here but if we appoint Rachel Riley....... Well ?

22 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

Steve Landsdown football club for life 

Formally known as Bristol City

DH will get support. I think he's in a no lose situation. If he makes a hash of it, it will be SL and MA that get the brunt of it.

It's not his fault.

In other news, odds on Betty the tea lady getting the job have drifted 20-1. Pending DH feedback on Monday 

MA quoted as saying "Betty knows the squad, has the right DNA, understands our youth policy and the players love her. She's been outstanding throughout the entire process"

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Of course he will get support but he will fail without doubt. Wont last the season.

I think the board will have to back him to the hilt if he’s appointed, including keeping him if we are near the drop zone. They won’t be able to back track on this one until it’s too late. IF he’s appointed and if he he’s not successful of course. 

1 minute ago, kiwicolin said:

It all comes down to,  do we want our club to survive,  as a previous message above. This pandemic will destroy some clubs . Hopefully with this decision,  ours will survive.  

Doesn’t wash because otherwise the club wouldn’t have looked into Hughton or Gerrard. They raised expectations and explored expensive options. If Covid was a genuine consideration then they wouldn’t have.

He sounds like a decent guy and hope he does well.

It's a big ask for a novice manager though and I fear if he does badly will destroy any future hopes of a career in football management for him. 

If we lose Fam and Elliasson think he will do well to keep us up to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

He sounds like a decent guy and hope he does well.

It's a big ask for a novice manager though and I fear if he does badly will destroy any future hopes of a career in football management for him. 

If we lose Fam and Elliasson think he will do well to keep us up to be honest. 

Warnock sounds a horrible bas*ard but he would have got you promoted  if given a couple of seasons. Nice guys/easy options  get walked over like Luke Williams did here 

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Warnock sounds a horrible bas*ard but he would have got you promoted  if given a couple of seasons. Nice guys/easy options  get walked over like Luke Williams did here 

Don't get me wrong I think it will be a disaster I just hope I'm proven wrong. Can't blame him for taking the job. 

On the flip side Klopp seems like a lovely guy and is probably the best manager around! 

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep people are very united on this. I think this is about as united as I’ve ever seen OTIB.

Obviously you get one or two who go against the grain or play devil’s advocate - but on the whole it seems unanimous concern about this whole affair.

Yup - and for people saying OTIB isn’t a proper representation of the fanbase, take a look on twitter and Facebook.. go out of your houses and have a drink in Bedminster and Ashton and talk to City fans because  i have and it’s UNANIMOUS trust me!

4 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Don't get me wrong I think it will be a disaster I just hope I'm proven wrong. Can't blame him for taking the job. 

On the flip side Klopp seems like a lovely guy and is probably the best manager around! 

It just seems too big a job when he should be learning the ropes in league 1 & 2 like Wellens and Lowe have been. Also does he have many contacts in the game who he can call up on 

51 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

Why does Dean get upmost respect for taking the job. He will get a massive pay rise and take on a job he has no experience in doing. If he fails he walk away with an amount most of us can only dream of.

Respect has to be earned not given in every walk of life. Although I disagree totally with the process and his appointment , he will earn my respect if he does a good job and improves our team. If he is to be the Manager I hope he does this.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Yup - and for people saying OTIB isn’t a proper representation of the fanbase, take a look on twitter and Facebook.. go out of your houses and have a drink in Bedminster and Ashton and talk to City fans because  i have and it’s UNANIMOUS trust me!

In rural Somerset we are more laid back (some to the extent that they appear laid out!) - tell me, can all this frustration change the outcome?  If not, the support your club and support the new head coach.

Archived