IGNORED

positive message for dean holden lets all pull together

big dosser

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly how I see it. 

I pray that DH turns out to be our Eddie Howe. I don't think he will, based on probability. But he might..! 

It's the board who have interviewed the applicants, spoken to tham and seen who can/will work within the climate that no income has created. 

Could it be a "stop gap" until the future is clearer..? I think that would be harsh on DH. 

It does beg the question as to why replace LJ, for me. 

If we'd just appointed a young namager who'd done the job that LJ has done here, elsewhere - I think most would be far happier than they are this morning. 

I feel this is a great point on the stop gap which we will take note of with the contract given,i feel it may only be 1 year

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I really don't understand this argument, if i'm not happy about decisions made by the government do I just accept it ( Poll Tax being one example) and let them carry on . Protest can and will change decisions ,to appoint DH when are aim is for the Premier League is perverse and defies all logic.

The press conference will be interesting to say the least and unless a satisfactory explanation of how we were considering Steven Gerrard an internationally renown footballer to LJ's assistant who is arguably not the most well known person in his family, people have the right to vent their frustration.

This is not a reasonable parallel with a democracy where the losers have to agree to follow the rules of the majority. They have a say, even if one side loses and another side wins. Bristol City is run by a board of directors put in place by the owners. We have to accept the outcome of their decisions and we do not have the opportunity to vote. The frustration can never be assuaged because we simply have no say.

1 minute ago, forestofdean said:

I feel this is a great point on the stop gap which we will take note of with the contract given,i feel it may only be 1 year

I can’t see that myself and would be very disrespectful from the club . Hi Dean we want you to have the job but we are only going to give you a year contract. 

Strange times though 

Of course the players and manager (whoever it is) will get the majority's full support, it doesn’t mean we agree with the appointment - this is what happens in football,  I don’t think that is in question - it’s the diabolical way that this has materialised both in way of process and decision that we are all (majority) are up in arms about.

27 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

He should have been given the chance in league 1 or 2 not in the Championship. Wellens and Ryan Lowe learning their trade the right way. Not catapulted in because he was cheap and available to the second tier of English football from being number 2 to Johnson.

I can remember when Hoddle left Swindon for Chelsea and his no 2 John Gorman took over who was a lovely guy, great coach etc but struggled as a manager 

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

This is not a reasonable parallel with a democracy where the losers have to agree to follow the rules of the majority. They have a say, even if one side loses and another side wins. Bristol City is run by a board of directors put in place by the owners. We have to accept the outcome of their decisions and we do not have the opportunity to vote. The frustration can never be assuaged because we simply have no say.

The point I'm making remains valid,protest against an unpopular decision remains a legitimate tool ,agreed nothing may change but to do nothing is accepting the inevitable.

1 hour ago, forestofdean said:

lets all be honest chaps we have had some right old ding dongs on here for the last couple of weeks which has caused many of us to have a right go at each other and this is caused by the love and passion for are beloved club {yes are club Bristol city)

if you agree or don't with the appointment one thing is for sure if I had the chance to manage Bristol city fc I would step up in a heartbeat and im sure most of you would to.

i will give dean the upmost respect for taking on the challenge and get behind him and the team as much as i can.

i feel this is the time we all need to pull together as one more than ever and im sure dean is going to need all are support which im sure he will get

one thing chaps to remember is this is our club and will always be our club weather you own it or not we all put are hard earned money into it we all have the ups and downs together.

BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB FOR LIFE

Im

embarrassed for you!!

1 minute ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

The point I'm making remains valid,protest against an unpopular decision remains a legitimate tool ,agreed nothing may change but to do nothing is accepting the inevitable.

And what do you suggest should be the form of this protest, and what would you be hoping to achieve, in this case?

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

So because the club didn’t state it explicitly does that mean every transfer we hear about that doesn’t come off is only down to our interpretation? This isn’t Robbored’s world where only the OS is true. We’re allowed to weigh up evidence and make a judgement based on sources that aren’t the club.

Have you heard Lansdown’s TalkSport interview? Appointing Holden contradicts basically all of it.

Spot on.

I can do without the being patronised on how much of a supporter I am too (being one of only 30 or so on the terraces at Halifax midweek in 1982 when we were in the bottom 4 of the Fourth Division obviously makes me some sort of a part time, glory hunter) because I think we have royally ****** up the recruitment process & that appointing Holden would be a huge mistake.

28 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Spot on. This was exactly my train of thought yesterday 

The issue for me isn’t Holden getting the job. It’s the way the club has handled it over the last 5 weeks .

The lies, the false promises, the delays, the lack of communication....the sheer contempt shown towards the fans in recent weeks. 

I still fancy there to be one more twist in this one though. I really do 

I’m out of reactions but have a like from me!

It’s nice we find ourselves on the same page for once Andy! ?

1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

It all comes down to,  do we want our club to survive,  as a previous message above. This pandemic will destroy some clubs . Hopefully with this decision,  ours will survive.  

Why sack Johnson then? As much as his football was dire and I was a massive critic of his, we were comfortably mid table. If COVID was such a threat to bcfc why not keep him in situ until the world was back to something resembling normality???

8 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Why sack Johnson then? As much as his football was dire and I was a massive critic of his, we were comfortably mid table. If COVID was such a threat to bcfc why not keep him in situ until the world was back to something resembling normality???

Because Johnson didn't get in the top 6, and improved from last season.  

When Holden took over. As caretaker,  he changed back to 3 5 2.

We looked better,  and with him , the players played for him. It needed a change. 

We would love to have an experience manager but Bournemouth are looking likely to offer the job to their number 2. Anyway he may not take up the position.  

2 hours ago, forestofdean said:

lets all be honest chaps we have had some right old ding dongs on here for the last couple of weeks which has caused many of us to have a right go at each other and this is caused by the love and passion for are beloved club {yes are club Bristol city)

if you agree or don't with the appointment one thing is for sure if I had the chance to manage Bristol city fc I would step up in a heartbeat and im sure most of you would to.

i will give dean the upmost respect for taking on the challenge and get behind him and the team as much as i can.

i feel this is the time we all need to pull together as one more than ever and im sure dean is going to need all are support which im sure he will get

one thing chaps to remember is this is our club and will always be our club weather you own it or not we all put are hard earned money into it we all have the ups and downs together.

i have no problem with Holden..............if he has the job, then it's the idiots who have appointed him that i have a massive issue with.

18 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Because Johnson didn't get in the top 6, and improved from last season.  

When Holden took over. As caretaker,  he changed back to 3 5 2.

We looked better,  and with him , the players played for him. It needed a change. 

We would love to have an experience manager but Bournemouth are looking likely to offer the job to their number 2. Anyway he may not take up the position.  

I could of gone it and improved us we were that bad after the restart with Johnson at the helm.

i thought Holdens short stint was ok but coupled with lack of experience, he did nowt to suggest to me he even deserved shortlisting

The decision, if its made, to appoint a manager with 5 games of experience at this  stage is rediculous, it just so happens in this case that its holden. This is nothing about him, hes a decent hard working pro, stand up guy.

hes going to be stripped of 1/2 of his best players, have nothing to spend, play the youngsters, and get flak from an angry fan base if we dont win, hes being set up to fail.

Nothing against DH and I hope he does well. But this is without doubt, given the context of our current standing in the game plus the candidates interested and available, the worst management decision we could’ve made in my 28 years of supporting City. The levels of lunacy remind me a bit of when Blackburn appointed Steve Kean. 

2 hours ago, redordead1 said:

Why is it a choice of foreign, asset-stripping owners or The Lansdowns?

The irony of your comment of course  is that the Lansdowns have already stripped the club’s main asset in Ashton Gate and it now belongs to them.

Surely a board who share the same objectives as the fans, who hire the best talent they can sensibly afford and leave them to get the **** on with the job would suffice? 

It’s really not a big ask for the owners to stop interfering and treat the club correctly as the custodians they should be, as opppsed to feeding their ego and treating It as a shiny toy for Jonboy.

The point is you don't know which scenario you'd be in it's a lottery but I think it would be odds on we'd be worse off

6 hours ago, forestofdean said:

Have you recently changed your name from forestofjohnson?

Agree though; whoever is appointed will have my support.

5 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Where have you been the last two years?

‘Campaign’ ?! ? Can you tell me about the ‘two year campaign to get LJ out’ please? Was a website set up to launch the ‘campaign’ and gain support? No ... Were there demonstrations at games? No ... Were there banners at games demanding he be sacked? No ... Was there sustained chanting from the fans at games demanding he be sacked? No ... So, please, what form did the ‘campaign’ take? A few disgruntled tweets? A few rows on this forum? 

Archived