IGNORED

Bristol city Instagram regarding Holden

Eastside Moonwalker

Says more about the people posting these type of comments on a post about Jay Dasilva than it does about the club imo 

11 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I think they got the day wrong on the Jay Dasilva ‘on this day’ post. Yet another embarrassing faux pas. We are well and truly a laughing stock. Time for us all to vote with our feet and get the message across by revoking all season cards and returning any purchased shop merch.

Because they got the date wrong? Seems a bit harsh

19 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I think they got the day wrong on the Jay Dasilva ‘on this day’ post. Yet another embarrassing faux pas. We are well and truly a laughing stock. Time for us all to vote with our feet and get the message across by revoking all season cards and returning any purchased shop merch.

Pack it in Tryhard.

54 minutes ago, City oz said:

And where are we? I think we are in a better position than most. We will have DH on Monday confirming his offered position of assistant coach reporting in to and assisting a new governor  

I agree with you. I can't see the board being stupid enough to have Dean as a number 1

1 hour ago, MATT BCFC said:

Most well run businesses embrace feedback positive or negative. 

Feedback is one thing, abuse is another. I haven't seen them, so don't know which they were, but judging by some of the stuff on other social media, (including even here on occasions) I'd hazard a guess!

24 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

How do "revoke" a season card, and what would it achieve?

25 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Quite agree.  Complete laughing stock.  Jesus, what next?  I tell you if they make a mistake in the ‘on this day’ section again, I’ll be demanding a full refund of my season ticket plus substantial compensation, to be decided in the high court if necessary.  This is the final straw.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don’t think “Mark Ashton manually manipulates off dogs” could really be embraced as valuable feedback ...

Matters. For all we know he may be shopping for black out curtains right this minute.

He may need some to continue to hide behind.

While our fan base is pretty rife with toxicity at the moment, I think as a rule most groups of football supporters are horrific on social media.

Made the mistake of clicking on Arsenal’s announcement of possible redundancies recently and was (not) shocked to see it filled with fans ignoring the story to plead for an announcement of Aubameyang’s new (350kp/w) contract.

I’m not a fan of supporters filling comment sections with abuse or opinions not related to the actual post, but many feel pretty invisible and believe this is the only way to get their opinions across or vent their frustration directly to the club. I don’t know if you can change that.

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

The only way the club takes notice is if people keep hold of their money. Empty stadiums and shop will speak volumes (I appreciate Covid already has hit stadiums).

Exactly this people have got to accept the clubs decision. If unhappy then make your point financially , refund of season ticket , don’t buy a pint in the ground when allowed back in, don’t buy a kit etc 

Whoever they appoint or takes the job, the damage has been done. They've shot themselves in both feet by the amateurish inept way they've handled this. By maintaining a total black out they've allowed chinese whispers to manifest into big inaccurate rumours then fuelled by more rumour and supposition. No one asked for chapter and verse but a regular update wouldn't have hurted. Respecting privacy and business confidentiality is one thing but ignoring your 21k customers on whom you rely is unforgivable.
All of this was totally avoidable and the blame should lie squarely at the feet of the media team and whoever directs their output.

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Quite agree.  Complete laughing stock.  Jesus, what next?  I tell you if they make a mistake in the ‘on this day’ section again, I’ll be demanding a full refund of my season ticket plus substantial compensation, to be decided in the high court if necessary.  This is the final straw.

AMEN.

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I think it’s like a Muslim divorce.  You stand in the car park at Ashton Gate and shout “I revoke my season ticket” three times.  Then you go and support the Gas.

Strange.

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And they'll say no!

I’m hoping they refund them.... It increases the number of games I will see, then promotion this season, PL next season, both with restricted attendances, and certain people miss out as SC was thrown out of pram along with the toys.

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Sold to us fans under false pretences. Many will no doubt be getting Trading Standards and lawyers involved. 

I know a distinguished human rights lawyer if you need one.  He’s defended death row prisoners before now, but I’m sure he’ll be interested in Bristol City fans not being consulted on their next head coach.

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Good luck with that then! More chance of Jurgen Koop being our next manager!

Who?

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I know a distinguished human rights lawyer if you need one.  He’s defended death row prisoners before now, but I’m sure he’ll be interested in Bristol City fans not being consulted on their next head coach.

Sounds ideal. Who is he and how do I contact him?

Archived