IGNORED

Radio Bristol - Now Discussing New Manager Job

bcfc01

41 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I thought a big part of his job was recruitment of players? If you take that away, surely that’s a big part of his job gone?

Who do you reckon Dave?

Guess he will give up that part of his role. Doesn’t seem very good at it. 

Almost impossible to guess who a DOF might be.  Gary Johnson would be my bet 

45 minutes ago, bristol red said:

Robbie Fowler?

I was contemplating yesterday whether Fowler would accept an assistant role at a Championship club as opposed to head coach at Aussie or lower league club. For me it's still a step up for him and he'd be next in line.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. If we’re cost cutting, there’s definitely a couple of the analysts we employ who are not particularly well-regarded. One in particular, if he finds himself still employed after this I’ll be amazed (although he is ‘one of Ashton’s men’), so..... 

GMG name checked Luke Cole and Sam Stanton (not sure if I heard that one correctly).

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Sam Allardyce is a reasonably good suggestion I think. Out of work, knows Holden, might prefer that sort of role at this stage of his career. Doesn’t feel a very Bristol City appointment though.

why is that a good suggestion?

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Indeed. Unlike DH and Bristol City of course. DH has arguably more managerial experience than him mind you....

Yep, not pretending to know too much about Bournemouth but Tindall, previously a long serving player like Eddie Howe, has been friend, confidant, and close assistant to Howe for the last 8 years.

Appointing him is probably about as close as they could get to keeping Bournemouth's most revered and successful manager ever.

A gamble (as they all are) but at least a similar one has been seen to work for them before, and if they want minimum disruption and continuity, with a good chance of success, then it seems a reasonable one imo.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In terms of someone who could be likely given his relationship with Holden.

We’re plucking names out of the air here remember with nothing to go on.

Im not sure that would be a good fit. A man who didn't really give youth much of a chance at a club which seem to be wanting youth to be given a chance.

If anyone thinks Ralf Rangnick is going to be our DoF, give your head a severe wobble. (If it happens quote this comment and I will gladly backtrack).

Big Sam...oh yeah, I can see him being appointed by SL and getting on like a house on fire with MA. Same goes for Harry Redknapp, Glenn Hoddle. 

Henry. That would be very, very interesting, and possibly more plausible given his desire to work in the game, his failures at the top(ish) level and his links with Massengo. Although he is employed by Montreal at the moment...?

"Exciting" is a subjective term. It will probably be a foreign guy from one of the top-flight german reserve teams, a bit like the route Huddersfield, Norwich and Brentford went, albeit with Manager appointments rather than DoF. 

5 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Im not sure that would be a good fit. A man who didn't really give youth much of a chance at a club which seem to be wanting youth to be given a chance.

He’s not a manager though. As a DoF it would be more about his advice, network and bigger picture impact. 

As I said, I’m just guessing here and I said he doesn’t seem a typical Bristol City appointment so it’s unlikely in my opinion.

Archived