IGNORED

Radio Bristol - Now Discussing New Manager Job

bcfc01

I cannot see Allardyce being interested in this sort of role in the South West, in the North maybe.

Likewise I doubt Hoddle will want to go back into football full time.

Joe Jordan is the obvious suggestion but he is 70 next year (he definitely doesn’t look it) & does he really want another job? Certainly wouldn’t have an issue with the location, though.

It all depends on your definition of “exciting”, doesn’t it?

This suggests someone that most people have heard of.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s not a manager though. As a DoF it would be more about his advice, network and bigger picture impact. 

As I said, I’m just guessing here and I said he doesn’t seem a typical Bristol City appointment so it’s unlikely in my opinion.

No he wouldn't be manager but he would still have an influence though.

The Cristoph Daum rumour might make sense here. Foreign, been out of the game a while but had a fantastic record as a manager. Was reportedly interested in the manager role a few weeks back but we didn’t hear much more.

He is also around 66 so a DoF role might make more sense. Again, just plucking a name out the air.

1 minute ago, Smokey said:

No he wouldn't be manager but he would still have an influence though.

Of course but his remit as DoF wouldn’t necessarily concern Holden’s team selections. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Sir Alex doesn't do much these days..................but neither does Bas Savage........

TBF Bas couldn't be much worse as a DOF (or similar) than he was a "footballer". Still think he won a competition for a pro contract....

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tinnion moves into a more prominent recruitment role.

Williams as assistant Coach.

Interesting idea. As a manager he was out on a limb, but spent time abroad, came back and has done wonders for the youngster's going out on loan. The worry would be getting someone to do his job if he "moved up" - or would he carry on that part of the job as well? Not sure it would be seen as "exciting" though.

Williams as a coach, if Holden has a position with any clout, wouldn't surprise me, given how we seemed to set up after lockdown (at least until Williams was on the pitch....or getting himself sent off stupidly!)

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

Aww, I was just about to guess him 

Joe Jordan would be a decent shout. Knows the club, lives in the area, and currently not attached to any club as far as I know. That move has been touted on here several times over the years actually as well. "Exciting" though? 

We're all going on something that Gregor has implied though, so again, he's either being drip fed information to try and placate the fan base, or is just speculating on information he has been given - either right or wrong.

1 minute ago, Taz said:

TBF Bas couldn't be much worse as a DOF (or similar) than he was a "footballer". Still think he won a competition for a pro contract....

Interesting idea. As a manager he was out on a limb, but spent time abroad, came back and has done wonders for the youngster's going out on loan. The worry would be getting someone to do his job if he "moved up". Not sure it would be seen as "exciting" though.

Williams as a coach, if Holden has a position with any clout, wouldn't surprise me, given how we seemed to set up after lockdown (at least until Williams was on the pitch....or getting himself sent off stupidly!)

Joe Jordan would be a decent shout. Knows the club, lives in the area, and currently not attached to any club as far as I know. That move has been touted on here several times over the years actually as well. "Exciting" though? 

We're all going on something that Gregor has implied though, so again, he's either being drip fed information to try and placate the fan base, or is just speculating on information he has been given - either right or wrong.

I very much doubt it at 70

It seems to me the club are drip feeding Gregor information to relay to fans. Not sure why, this whole situation makes so little sense.

So, im guessing it may be a DOF, assistant to Dean Holden, or possibly manager and DH head coach, though I doubt it.

Just now, Harry said:

Is there any link, or listen again, to this interview? I’d be keen to hear exactly what GeeMagee said 

I'd save your time mate. 

He won't have said anything concrete, because he knows nothing, about anything. Ever. 

5 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'm with Kingswood Robin.  It's going to be Roy Hodgson. You heard it here second.

Isn’t that spelt ‘ Hughton ‘ ? 

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Warnock would be a great name for a dog. An old grumpy Staffordshire Terrier type.

"Warnock! Stop growling at people."    "Warnock! You've gone and shat on the pitch again!"

Colin the Corgi.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd save your time mate. 

He won't have said anything concrete, because he knows nothing, about anything. Ever. 

Possibly. Just wanted to hear it for myself rather than 27th-hand on here ?

Archived