IGNORED

Radio Bristol - Now Discussing New Manager Job

bcfc01

All makes sense now. I reckon Chris Hughton has accepted the role as manager/DoF. He has stipulated that he will only agree to the role if Dean Holden is promoted to First Team Coach. Furthermore, if City win or get an unexpected point against the odds Hughton does the interviews and accepts responsibility for it. But if City lose or drop two points when they were expected to take all three then Dean Holden does the post match interviews and accepts responsibility and has to mention how much they missed Hughton's wisdom and guidance during the week and during that particular match.

They have given Holden the weekend to think about it.

All makes sense.

Tried to appoint, but no one was interested with current set up. Did a review of structure. Possibility of MA moving on. JL not seen as football expert ready to take reins. DH not ready to take over full management control. Need for safety net for coaches failure. 

So create a Manager/DoF position.

Hence, need to give DH time to consider. 

All takes time and seeking a different type of person from original applicants. 

Question is... who is the ‘exciting’ candidate.

24 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

My random guess is Alan Shearer or Ian Wright (ha)

Thinking of footie pundits, Danny Murphy would no doubt make an excellent coach.

Arsene Wenger?

Danny Murphy I really like as a player, as a pundit he annoys the hell out of me....unless you’ve been a top level player he doesn’t think you are entitled to an opinion.

Would love to see Joe Jordan back involved.

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Maybe Ashton's role with the EFL is expanding and he needs to reduce his role with us. Might explain bringing in a DoF. He can then have a less hands-on role with recruitment etc? 

You can but hope. 

I did suggest similar in another thread (maybe this one somewhere - been so many recently!!)

I did originally suggest it maybe slightly tongue in cheek, but the more I think about the situation that seems to be happening at the moment, the more plausible this scenario seems to be.

If we are bringing in a DOF, which it would seem is possible if what Gregor has suggested is correct, then Ashton taking a more hands off approach does make sense.

If, at this late stage, someone "exciting" might be brought in but this is not yet confirmed, this sounds like someone has been offered the role but not yet accepted.

Will there be a scoop large enough to remove the egg from the face of the board if both Holden and this prospective "exciting" person both say no?

Well if this is true then it makes holden getting the job more palatable 

This would depend on who's coming in as dof,

Maybe its the dream team of hughton and holden

It would also explain the length of time all this is taking, and the removal of the analysts would enable the dof to create his own team,

And finally if the name is as exciting as gmcg thinks this could also get some fans back onside

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Well if this is true then it makes holden getting the job more palatable 

This would depend on who's coming in as dof,

Maybe its the dream team of hughton and holden

It would also explain the length of time all this is taking, and the removal of the analysts would enable the dof to create his own team,

And finally if the name is as exciting as gmcg thinks this could also get some fans back onside

Hughton to me feels more like a hands-on man, but I could easily be wrong.

I’m not convinced the DOF role will alleviate our frustrations. Gregor on twitter has been acknowledging the need for answers - if he knew there was a big name coming in, I’m not sure he’d be saying that.

29 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_bristol 

Jump to 14:14

Note that the link will not give you the programme after it ends... catchup here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08lxy5d

29 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Cheers all. 

Archived