IGNORED

Radio Bristol - Now Discussing New Manager Job

bcfc01

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Presumably an old boy who knows the game inside out but really doesn't need the "stress" that goes with matchday and day to day coaching of the club. Literally there to give advice when he thinks it's needed or when it's asked for?

To lead, advise, cajole, one to bounce ideas on.

Not to manage the football but to be there at all times with a shoulder to lean on. Someone who has been there, done it and now wants a quieter life but who feels he doesn't want to retire.

We have been missing such a person for a long time. It's similar to how German industry uses those within a few years of retirement - to help those who will be taking over and allowing them to glean knowledge from the elder workers.

If this is the route we are going, then at long last, I nay be able to watch my club competing in the top league and doing it well.

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Well if this is true then it makes holden getting the job more palatable 

This would depend on who's coming in as dof,

Maybe its the dream team of hughton and holden

It would also explain the length of time all this is taking, and the removal of the analysts would enable the dof to create his own team,

And finally if the name is as exciting as gmcg thinks this could also get some fans back onside

@Harry who’s Luke Cole, because Stanton in the performance analyst, whereas Gilhespy is the Talent ID manager?

2 hours ago, Desso said:

He said there's fairly exciting news in who comes in to help DH but we will wait for that one.

So that's another five weeks wasted,........that'll take us to September?   And then if the exciting addition is Williams. I will truly pheckin detonate into a mushroom cloud ?

2 hours ago, Desso said:

He said there's fairly exciting news in who comes in to help DH but we will wait for that one.

Fairly Exciting!? Wow thats got me stoked..........thats like saying adequately gripping, it sounds about as compelling as pheckin Brexit

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I thought a big part of his job was recruitment of players? If you take that away, surely that’s a big part of his job gone?

Who do you reckon Dave?

It certainly seems to have been, doesn't it? But maybe that's unusual for a CEO role; I don't imagine other CEOs make that such a big part. Maybe his role will be scaled back to being just about the negotiation/contract stuff, and a DOF will have the final say on who we want to buy and sell? 

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

It certainly seems to have been, doesn't it? But maybe that's unusual for a CEO role; I don't imagine other CEOs make that such a big part. Maybe his role will be scaled back to being just about the negotiation/contract stuff, and a DOF will have the final say on who we want to buy and sell? 

I wonder if its been pointed out to him that being our ceo and head of recruitment could be considered a conflict of interest being on the efl board and he has to give up those duties

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I may have missed it but DoF wasn’t explicitly mentioned. Open to interpretation I felt - DoF or could be an assistant manager.

It wasn’t mentioned at all.

I think there is a hell of a lot of 2+2=5 on this thread.

I got the distinct impression it was about who Holden’s assistant would be, so not a DoF or any of this crazy “Hughton is still going to be involved” nonsense.

Ashley Williams could still be employed on the coaching side, but to me no way could someone who is already at the club be described in any way as “exciting”. 

At least a BBC outlet is now mentioning the management saga and the fans disquiet.

After the Holden news broke I expected it to be mentioned on Friday's Points west, but not a bloody whisper. Just some fluffy report abut a Sag doing a charity walk.  I guess the entire sports team took the week off and no one on news had a clue that the shenanigans at Ashton Gate were fairly important to a high percentage of their viewers. 

Archived