IGNORED

Radio Bristol - Now Discussing New Manager Job

bcfc01

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It wasn’t mentioned at all.

I think there is a hell of a lot of 2+2=5 on this thread.

I got the distinct impression it was about who Holden’s assistant would be, so not a DoF or any of this crazy “Hughton is still going to be involved” nonsense.

Ashley Williams could still be employed on the coaching side, but to me no way could someone who is already at the club be described in any way as “exciting”. 

Extraordinary how much utter nonsense gets spun out of thin air, isn't  it? 

On another thread, Lansdown was responsible for deciding Pulis should get the job over Moyes, apparently.

God bless the ******* internet!

What an embarrassing shit show. DH needs the weekend to think about! WTF!

DH must be thinking, "so I've either got a job as coach at a championship club or I've no other offers and as I've proven nothing in football I'm unlikely to ever get a better offer. If I'm honest I'm as culpable as LJ was and he was fired". 

This is more a case of who would work as Ashton's puppet. DH is probably the only one that would. I've no axe to grind with DH but seriously this is uninspiring. 

I no longer have any confidence in the club.

19 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Extraordinary how much utter nonsense gets spun out of thin air, isn't  it? 

On another thread, Lansdown was responsible for deciding Pulis should get the job over Moyes, apparently.

God bless the ******* internet!

Is that not true ?

33 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I heard Cole Skuse mentioned, could it just be something completely uninspiring like that 

That would be an SL “inner circle” stuff and I’d be against that....plus he signed an extension to his contract at Ipswich in May!

57 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It certainly seems to have been, doesn't it? But maybe that's unusual for a CEO role; I don't imagine other CEOs make that such a big part. Maybe his role will be scaled back to being just about the negotiation/contract stuff, and a DOF will have the final say on who we want to buy and sell? 

Assuming we are talking about a DoF then I see two main facets of that role:

• senior / mentor to Holden
  • head up recruitment 

a DoF could do both or either of those aspects, assuming Mark Ashton isn’t on his way???

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

“fairly exciting news...” to Pep is joining us as DoF in a few hours.

The need to use the word “fairly” implies to me we need to keep our expectations well in check.

downgraded to 'mildly' within the next hour

Just now, LoyalRed said:

You think 5 weeks to find a manager is a positive Process ?  

I am of the opinion due to Covid-19 and the financial implications of it that there probably has been little activity in the process.

Who actually knows that actual interviews took place with the names mentioned ?? I do know (fact) that the spin (and indeed story) of Stevie G was 99.99% B/S 

All i was questioning was why is Mr Ashton getting all the kicking ??

1 hour ago, handballbygordonparr said:

It's probably been mentioned already in this thread but can't be arsed to page through it on the phone with a poor signal but Arsene is the only name that will sort this clusterfk out for me.

Arsène Wenger! Now that’s a name from left field. It would definitely be exciting but I’m not sure he would want to come here or City could afford him. If he did come the Wurzels would be a bit of a culture shock. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If we are bringing in a technical director/sports director/director of football or whatever the club will call it. 

Then that would suggest they are changing the structure of the club.

That could probably take time to get right, and maybe makes sense that we have been waiting weeks for a manager.

Obviously the manager has to be able to work with that person, so they could not have brought in a manager without sorting that other position and knowing what changes will be made to the structure of the club.

Just guessing of course. Could be a number of reasons why this appointment has taken time, like Gregor said.

Would compromise Mark Ashton’s role.....

....hopefully be gone!

3 hours ago, bris red said:

With all due respect to Glen (fantastic player- one of the best we have produced btw) how long has he been out of football for one? And two how long ago was that major heart attack he suffered?

In the same way I wouldn't want a racist employed by our club, neither would I want one who has a twisted view on disabled children. 

The man is disgusting.

But then it's no surprise he's still employed. The public don't really like racism, but they give not a t*ss about the disabled. Evidenced by the pandemic. 

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If we are bringing in a technical director/sports director/director of football or whatever the club will call it. 

Then that would suggest they are changing the structure of the club.

That could probably take time to get right, and maybe makes sense that we have been waiting weeks for a manager.

Obviously the manager has to be able to work with that person, so they could not have brought in a manager without sorting that other position and knowing what changes will be made to the structure of the club.

Just guessing of course. Could be a number of reasons why this appointment has taken time, like Gregor said.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would compromise Mark Ashton’s role.....

....hopefully be gone!

Which is probably a clue to the DoF theories being wide of the mark.

It's probably just a new assistant and possibly not a household name.

I think you are referring to a post I made and attempting to slur me @Merrick's Marvels?

My understanding has always been what is stated below. Care to clarify?

I think SL and John Laycock outvoted Davidson in the Pulis appointment fiasco. I'm a supporter of SL but that would go down as one of his most disastrous mistakes. 

The board were split on Moyes or Pulis. Lansdown opted to go with John Lacock's choice of Pulis,  Moyes being in higher league with Preston at the time, eventually leaving for Everton

Just now, RedM said:

I think SL and John Laycock outvoted Davidson in the Pulis appointment fiasco. I'm a supporter of SL but that would go down as one of his most disastrous mistakes. 

Expand  
Read more  

The board were split on Moyes or Pulis. Lansdown opted to go with John Lacock's choice of Pulis,  Moyes being in higher league with Preston at the time, eventually leaving for Everton

Correct, told to me in person by Scott Davidson, a very disappointed Scott Davidson. He didn’t want pulis but the way the board was structured he had to go with the majority vote

Just now, old parkender said:

Correct, told to me in person by Scott Davidson, a very disappointed Scott Davidson. He didn’t want pulis but the way the board was structured he had to go with the majority vote

Thank you. I have heard exactly the same from several sources too, all independent and some connected to the club in the past. I am interested in what @Merrick's Marvels has to say though 

Archived