IGNORED

Radio Bristol - Now Discussing New Manager Job

bcfc01

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Thank you. I have heard exactly the same from several sources too, all independent and some connected to the club in the past. I am interested in what @Merrick's Marvels has to say though 

Yep. Remember Scott Buying me a pint in Bemmy that very day. Had Peter Taylor staying with him at his home and was extremely disappointed.

42 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

The New Manager's Saga continues...

Mixing rumours and current staff members...I wouldn't be surprised to see this new staff:

R.Gilmartin - coach for goalkeepers; A.Williams - coach for defenders (& assistant coach?); K.Cisse - coach for midfielders; A.Wilbraham - coach for strikers; Holden - head coach;  ? - Director Of Football (if confirmed).

What about Pat Mountain?

Would be happier if someone like Allardyce was DOF if we were appointing holden as HC. Allardyce is a quality manager; his teams get a bad rep but play relative attacking footy. Especially in this league. Would give great guidance to Holden and could step in if it's not working. 

With this news of maybe a DOF I still think Holdens still inexperienced and still can't understand why Holden has been chosen as the main head coach and by what's being said a experienced Dof to come in,Maybe I'm being negative about this but it does seem a disaster waiting to happen..ok maybe it will work but I'm just not taking to Holden being appointed at all.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Unless I’ve missed it, the radio clip didn’t specify DoF and people have got carried away without listening to the clip. 

At the start of the thread, the wording is just about someone coming in to help; could easily just be an assistant as suggested in the Paul Simpson thread.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Unless I’ve missed it, the radio clip didn’t specify DoF and people have got carried away without listening to the clip. 

Gregor suggested something along the lines that someone exciting would be coming in to help, but yes he didn't say as DOF

Might be a new cone man/woman to help DH with one of his main duties

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

At the start of the thread, the wording is just about someone coming in to help; could easily just be an assistant as suggested in the Paul Simpson thread.

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

Gregor suggested something along the lines that someone exciting would be coming in to help, but yes he didn't say as DOF

Might be a new cone man/woman to relief DH of his old duties

I’d say more likely to be an assistant - surely Ashton wouldn’t want someone treading on his toes. With a conventional DoF there’d be too much crossover of their responsibilities and I can’t see how it would work.

I wish it could work because I am warming to the idea (if it MUST be Holden) of someone with serious pedigree helping him out as a DoF.

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’d say more likely to be an assistant - surely Ashton wouldn’t want someone treading on his toes. With a conventional DoF there’d be too much crossover of their responsibilities and I can’t see how it would work.

I wish it could work because I am warming to the idea (if it MUST be Holden) of someone with serious pedigree helping him out as a DoF.

I agree with this. We need a DoF, but Ashton seems to be too much of a control freak to let that happen. 

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Then why get rid of his trusted analysts 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Impossible to know without inside knowledge

indeed but with ashton on the efl board, I think the recruitment side may have to be taken off him due to conflict of interest 

That would tie into a dof and the analysts leaving making way for a dof's own team,

We'll find out in the next 5 weeks......

13 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

I'm sure they are all quaking in their boots in the boardroom just in case you go into meltdown mode!!

Yep... I’ve no doubt they’ll ignore me, like thousands of their other customers. 

If only the world was full of happy clappy customers who put up with any old dross served by businesses eh.

Anyhows, the appointment of a manager/DoF is a step in the right direction. Now, let’s hope they don’t mess this appointment up. 

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Yep... I’ve no doubt they’ll ignore me, like thousands of their other customers. 

If only the world was full of happy clappy customers who put up with any old dross served by businesses eh.

Anyhows, the appointment of a manager/DoF is a step in the right direction. Now, let’s hope they don’t mess this appointment up. 

I'm not sure if anything has been confirmed yet. I have faith that it will get sorted.  People seem to imagine that Mark Ashton would be prepared to see us go into freefall. He will be judged on how well we do, so maybe he knows something that we don't??

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, someone asked me about that, and I listened (albeit I wasn’t listening intently) and did not hear DoF either.  What I couldn’t get was that Gregor said that and seemed to link it to Sam Stanton too.  He’s a performance analyst not recruitment analysis

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Then why get rid of his trusted analysts 

Yes, as above, I didn’t understand the link Gregor was making.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, someone asked me about that, and I listened (albeit I wasn’t listening intently) and did not hear DoF either.  What I couldn’t get was that Gregor said that and seemed to link it to Sam Stanton too.  He’s a performance analyst not recruitment analysis

Yes, as above, I didn’t understand the link Gregor was making.

I think the reference to the analysts was on the back of Macca leaving - just saying more have gone such as Stanton and the other guy. 

It sounded to me that there will be more going.

Obviously some sort of a restructure going on - unless all are being replaced.

16 hours ago, old parkender said:

Correct, told to me in person by Scott Davidson, a very disappointed Scott Davidson. He didn’t want pulis but the way the board was structured he had to go with the majority vote

Ditto, in fact some on here will recall (hard to tell who's who) the old Bristol City email list (a pre-cursor to OTIB) met Scott Davidson in the Nova Scotia and I'm sure he shared that fact, frustratedly. I know @Never to the dark side was there, he's good with record keeping!

Bringing this back on topic, in the past Radio Bristol has been a bit depressing as far as fans views (slightly extreme, often bizarre) but I thought the two fans speaking on this yesterday were very articulate and on the money, Matthew Withers always speaks well about the club.

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think the reference to the analysts was on the back of Macca leaving - just saying more have gone such as Stanton and the other guy. 

Yeah, that’s the point I was making....I don’t get where DOF cane from.

37 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

In line with a restructure presumably somebody asked what it is these analysts do for the money we pay them and the answer wasn’t quite what they were looking for!!

Strangely I’m starting to enjoy this. No one has a scooby what is going on. MacGregor’s report regarding Korey Smith was completely wrong and had to be corrected by the player himself. :laugh:!

OK so the club are clearly waiting to announce a number of things simultaneously and unfortunately a reporter has made a statement that a player had to correct. So how the hell did the Post get that so wrong. I don’t think for a minute Mac Gregor made it up, so who is giving him the information and why. The Post look like numpties and the source is either being fed bull shit or deliberately wanted to make MacGregor look bad! Can only be one or the other.

The whole head coach thing is nuts. You can be the head coach and still be working for a manager, which to be frank is how it works at most clubs, so the thought head coach is ultimately responsible for team selection is fundamentally flawed.

I’m going to have a Bill Withers Sunday, just waiting for what is coming....I’m pretty certain that its going to be one hell of a week!!

59 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

In line with a restructure presumably somebody asked what it is these analysts do for the money we pay them and the answer wasn’t quite what they were looking for!!

I'd be very surprised, to me sounds like if its an experienced person coming in to help out Dean or be head coach/manager they have an analyst they've worked with a lot and want to bring with them, a well known example is Monk who takes the same analyst with him to every club.

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I'd be very surprised, to me sounds like if its an experienced person coming in to help out Dean or be head coach/manager they have an analyst they've worked with a lot and want to bring with them, a well known example is Monk who takes the same analyst with him to every club.

It sounds to me like a Director of Football is coming in who likely has his own ideas about structure, analysts etc.  

McAllister going + the others may be driven by whatever the exciting person coming in wants.  This person may well have told the club he wants to work with Holden.  

It was also said no decisions would be made on contracts until the new guy was in place, all adds up to me as if someone is in place who has already advised to release KS etc we just haven't been told yet.  I doubt DH made the call if he is still thinking over the offer.

No sources, just putting 2 and 2 together.

Archived