IGNORED

What if he says no?

southvillekiddy

Throughout all this the "Board" (ha,ha) have behaved arrogantly, assuming what they want will happen without any proper planning. What they are doing to Dean is not only arrogant, it's also IMHO more cruel than what happened to Tinman. When Tinman got the job we were trying to get to the Championship. Dean will start the job in the context of all the lies about wanting the Prem

49 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

What do the "Board" do if, having been offered the poisoned chalice like Tinman, Dean, being the decent chap we all know him to be, decides it's too risky??

You’re kidding me.  Look, just chill and wait for an announcement.  In the meantime, whatever you do, DON’T START ANY NEW TOPICS.  Cheers.

56 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You’re kidding me.  Look, just chill and wait for an announcement.  In the meantime, whatever you do, DON’T START ANY NEW TOPICS.  Cheers.

Oh. Spoilsport. The Dolman Pragmatist  eh. You've got the right name to remain sane living in Bristol(?) Too much of that chillin' going on in the West Country. Look at Bristol City FC..........But seriously ............. Dean might just not be willing to play Lansdown's game. About time someone did something along those lines.

15 minutes ago, shelts said:

certainly believe there must be some seed of doubt as he’s taken the weekend to decide . I think we might have to go to contestant number two who is ....Cook ?

I don’t think he has taken the weekend to decide, I think he met to accept the role.

Why would he say no? Hell, if Lansdown were to offer it to me right now, I'd take it right away. I'd almost definitely relegate us, but I'd do it in style, and with enough of a payout that I won't need to return to Bristol ever again.

The only reason I can see him not wanting to take it is if LJ is closer to getting a new job than we think, and he wants to jump ship.

2 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Why would he say no? Hell, if Lansdown were to offer it to me right now, I'd take it right away. I'd almost definitely relegate us, but I'd do it in style, and with enough of a payout that I won't need to return to Bristol ever again.

The only reason I can see him not wanting to take it is if LJ is closer to getting a new job than we think, and he wants to jump ship.

Absolutely this - LJ will want DH and JMc with him when he gets his next role 

Archived