IGNORED

Mike phelan

Knighty

1 minute ago, Knighty said:

Not exactly exciting is it

Depends on who’s doing the ‘phelan’ and if your name is Mike. 

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Theres something a bit touchy feely about these appointments. Holdin and Feelin.

Yep what happened to social distancing?

17 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Not exactly exciting is it

Rhodes, Adomah, Hogan, Josh Maja, Jordan Willis, Powell, Kuszcak, Nelson Oliveira and many more names you've called and recently Hoddle.

Now Mike Phelan, impressive record Knighty. What else does your made up friend tell you?

2 minutes ago, BCFC81 said:

Mike Phelan the current Manchester United Assistant Manager, why would he leave his job there, supporting Ole to come hand help out at little ol Bristol City??

He's leaving next week allegedly. He fell out OGS Christmastime they hardly speak now

18 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm confused, what's happening?

Will City ever have an official manager again?  My new guess is the Tombola has developed A.I and will be picking the team each week.

You joke but this has kind of happened in baseball over the last few years. Throughout its history you had a manager who would pick the lineup and employ the tactics. Now managers are more or less the public figure of a team. The General Manager(MA types) have analytics teams and they use statistics to pick lineups on a game to game basis. Basically where there was a feel to a game there is now a computer giving odds on different scenarios. There are still elements to the game that you can’t get rid of but the game has changed in recent times. 

City could see themselves as pioneers in football going against the grain. Who knows if that can work but it does take some joy from the game imo. I love a stat but I think maybe people are taking statistics too far. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

You joke but this has kind of happened in baseball over the last few years. Throughout its history you had a manager who would pick the lineup and employ the tactics. Now managers are more or less the public figure of a team. The General Manager(MA types) have analytics teams and they use statistics to pick lineups on a game to game basis. Basically where there was a feel to a game there is now a computer giving odds on different scenarios. There are still elements to the game that you can’t get rid of but the game has changed in recent times. 

City could see themselves as pioneers in football going against the grain. Who knows if that can work but it does take some joy from the game imo. I love a stat but I think maybe people are taking statistics too far. 

see the excellent film money ball for the reasons behind it

Archived