IGNORED

Forever Bristol City - Holden out for a Hero !!![recording of Saturday lunchtime's live Podcast]

headhunter

Me, Les, Ian, DaveFevs, Peter & Mark discuss the impending official announcement of the appointment of Dean Holden as Head Coach:

https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-t3abi-e6280f 

Will there be a twist in this tale when it all goes official on Monday - someone else coming in as DOF??? Have we all jumped the gun in expressing our disappointment at Dean's appointment flying in the face of the board's stated desire of bringing Premier League football to Ashton Gate

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We all have our little things we say that come out when we are talking. I use “I guess” and “obviously” when it’s anything but!!!

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant dullard tones. Bloody autocorrect.

Only kidding! Hadn't picked up on any of those foibles and dread to think what absolute gubbins I'd blurt out with the pressure of making a clear and consice point!

38 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant dullard tones. Bloody autocorrect.

Only kidding! Hadn't picked up on any of those foibles and dread to think what absolute gubbins I'd blurt out with the pressure of making a clear and consice point!

Concise!...........sorry I'm a recovering pedant. ?

42 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Yep, brilliant listen. And it's bloody 0430 in the morning here. Cripes, it was that good!

You even got a mention!

Mark pronounced your name as Havana-Topia.

Ive always read it as “haven’t an hope ia” ???

6 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Haven’t finished it yet but just wanted to say, I love home much of a moaner Bristol boy is. It’s great. Keep up the good work ?

It’s the little mutterings in the background like “Jesus Christ” when he disagrees.  It does need someone opinionated though, got to be able to bounce off if people.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You even got a mention!

Mark pronounced your name as Havana-Topia.

Ive always read it as “haven’t an hope ia” ???

I sometimes feel that way when the internet goes down here, which is pretty frequent. The woes of Bristol City and the passion of all of us who worry of the listing nature compared to the daily struggles I see out here... It does put a few things in focus. 

Nice to get a mention indeed. Cheers Mark.

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Found it quite a perplexing episode. A load of angry men talking about loads of rumours as if they are facts.  People like Bristol Boy are completely unlistenable.  Which rumour will he get angry about next even though he doesn’t know it’s true. 

Loves the sound of his own voice 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Loves the sound of his own voice 

I suspect they are all reasonably happy with the sound of their own voices - hence they are happy to contribute to the podcast.

Don't really get the dislike for BB - he's articulate and talks sense afaic.

Good to (just about) hear the apology from Lez to OTIB posters who put forward a case for Lowe. Lez does need to speak up though.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I suspect they are all reasonably happy with the sound of their own voices - hence they are happy to contribute to the podcast.

Yep, I’m sure we are.  I’m just glad to have an opportunity to chat with other fans, rather than have to type all my football thoughts into OTIB or twitter.

That’s the dynamic of having Ian on I guess.  You need a mix of people, or else every question will get the sane answers around the table.  Yesterday I was the main Holden-defender (Peter too), Mark, Ian, Lez and Dave (Headhunter) against it.  If we all agree, then it will be boring.

Good to (just about) hear the apology from Lez to OTIB posters who put forward a case for Lowe. Lez does need to speak up though.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I also think Ian talks with passion and facts - I enjoy his input as with the other contributors

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Found it quite a perplexing episode. A load of angry men talking about loads of rumours as if they are facts.  People like Bristol Boy are completely unlistenable.  Which rumour will he get angry about next even though he doesn’t know it’s true. 

Could you do any better?

Archived