IGNORED

Forever Bristol City - Holden out for a Hero !!![recording of Saturday lunchtime's live Podcast]

headhunter

1 hour ago, TheInsider said:

Could you do any better?

Could do better than some of the contributors yes.  Davefevs is level headed thank goodness and there are some good people on there though.

Could you do any better than the footballers you criticise?  Hopefully the people on the podcast are happy to receive feedback. Not sure they need you defending them, unless you are one of them of course 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Could do better than some of the contributors yes.  Davefevs is level headed thank goodness and there are some good people on there though.

Could you do any better than the footballers you criticise?  Hopefully the people on the podcast are happy to receive feedback. Not sure they need you defending them, unless you are one of them of course 

I’m blushing. ???

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Found it quite a perplexing episode. A load of angry men talking about loads of rumours as if they are facts.  People like Bristol Boy are completely unlistenable.  Which rumour will he get angry about next even though he doesn’t know it’s true. 

'Perplexing... angry men....completely unlistenable.'

Doesn't really fit in with the general response, does it?

Everybody else seems to have enjoyed the podcast and are happy with the contributors.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I also think Ian talks with passion and facts - I enjoy his input as with the other contributors

Some of those facts are definitely debatable. His leaps of logic are my favourite thing. Is he going to use logic to make sense? Is he going to leap towards positivity? Is his argument coming from a calm and neutral POV? No, no and three times no ? ?

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

'Perplexing... angry men....completely unlistenable.'

Doesn't really fit in with the general response, does it?

Everybody else seems to have enjoyed the podcast and are happy with the contributors.

There aren’t many people commenting but n sure what relevance your comments have anyway.  In the main, what people were saying on the podcast was based on paper/social media talk.   You might be happy listening to that but I’m not.  

Also knowing how unpleasant Ian and Lez are makes it a hard listen.  There are good contributors on there for sure though.

Each to their own though. 

Firstly, thanks for all the positive feedback on yesterday's podcast which was the most listened to live so far and is on course to have the most downloads too.

I owe thanks to DavFevs not only for his intelligent input during the debate but also responding to the responses on this thread.

With regard to Ian, he is a Marmite character - very much the Piers Morgan of the group but as somebody has already said, he backs up his comments with facts.

Nogbad - thanks for your comment replying to And its Smith! Our tone is borne out of frustration as much as anything else and whilst we don't claim to express the views of the majority the replies suggest we're not far from that.

Looking forward to our next Live Podcast on Monday at 7 - will our hopes & expectations be raised for further dashed?!!

3 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Some of those facts are definitely debatable. His leaps of logic are my favourite thing. Is he going to use logic to make sense? Is he going to leap towards positivity? Is his argument coming from a calm and neutral POV? No, no and three times no ? ?

Exactly.  Ian wants to be negative. That’s his default position. So he will hear things that may or may not have happened and if it’s a negative thing suddenly it’s true.  Tiresome.

Lez is an incredibly a patronising person. Again, tiresome.  Filter out the nonsense and it would be a good podcast 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

There aren’t many people commenting but n sure what relevance your comments have anyway.  In the main, what people were saying on the podcast was based on paper/social media talk.   You might be happy listening to that but I’m not.  

Also knowing how unpleasant Ian and Lez are makes it a hard listen.  There are good contributors on there for sure though.

I feel for you bro. This podcasts been going downhill ever since they made it mandatory listening. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Exactly.  Ian wants to be negative. That’s his default position. So he will hear things that may or may not have happened and if it’s a negative thing suddenly it’s true.  Tiresome.

Lez is an incredibly a patronising person. Again, tiresome.  Filter out the nonsense and it would be a good podcast 

But that’s the beauty of BB. It’s the wonderful perspective of passionate pessimism. He would have been moaning that Zlatan had scored the day after the United game. It fits perfectly with being a city fan, because 9 time’s out of 10 he’s right, and everything is shite. 

12 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

It’s interesting how each of us “behave” on there.  I’m probably the Ernie Wise character.  If Ian says Gerrard is in £3m a year, I’m probably the guy who then retorts with, “yes, but it’s likely his basic is much less and it’s bonuses that gets him that in total”.  I’m probably less sensationalist then most...lack of a vast vocabulary helps!!  In fact I did just that in a previous podcast because I’d researched Rangers finances.  In 18/19, Rangers earned an extra £14m from progressing in Europe.  If his “package” is linked to performance then it’s likely he earned decently from being in Europe.

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Indeed, the podcast is obviously not for you, fair enough.

But you make a point of being hypercritical, which seems OTT to me.

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s interesting how each of us “behave” on there.  I’m probably the Ernie Wise character.  If Ian says Gerrard is in £3m a year, I’m probably the guy who then retorts with, “yes, but it’s likely his basic is much less and it’s bonuses that gets him that in total”.  I’m probably less sensationalist then most...lack of a vast vocabulary helps!!  In fact I did just that in a previous podcast because I’d researched Rangers finances.  In 18/19, Rangers earned an extra £14m from progressing in Europe.  If his “package” is linked to performance then it’s likely he earned decently from being in Europe.

Dave, one bit of feedback (uh-oh!) ?

Your voice tends to be a tad quieter than some of the others. I don't know if it's because you're the only one not spitting with rage or your laptop mic or summat?

It's not a problem but I find I listen a bit more closely when you speak (must be your top notch content ?)

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Dave, one bit of feedback (uh-oh!) ?

Your voice tends to be a tad quieter than some of the others. I don't know if it's because you're the only one not spitting with rage or your laptop mic or summat?

It's not a problem but I find I listen a bit more closely when you speak (must be your top notch content ?)

I know.  I use an iPhone with the standard issue wired earphone / mic.  I suspect that’s not very optimum, but the podbean app mandated I had to use headphones....or I’d have just spoken into the phone.

Anyone got any suggestions to improve it.  

If @headhunterwants to fund me some kit, great.  I’m sure my contribution isn’t that valuable ???

Lez was quiet too

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know.  I use an iPhone with the standard issue wired earphone / mic.  I suspect that’s not very optimum, but the podbean app mandated I had to use headphones....or I’d have just spoken into the phone.

Anyone got any suggestions to improve it.  

If @headhunterwants to fund me some kit, great.  I’m sure my contribution isn’t that valuable ???

Lez was quiet too

Yeah Lez sounds like Dave has shaken him to wake him up to do his bit. He makes some good points though to his credit.

You haven't invested in professional podcasting kit then?! About time given the airtime and stardom you're enjoying!

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I havent criticised any footballers?

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

Interested to know what @headhunter uses?

I have just an earpiece [nothing special] that plugs into my laptop. Maybe as host it works for me like that rather than on a phone.

Back to BCFC - they really have to come up with something tomorrow to quell a growing anger amongst the fans. The Korey thing today doesn't look good from a Comms perspective.

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I have just an earpiece [nothing special] that plugs into my laptop. Maybe as host it works for me like that rather than on a phone.

Back to BCFC - they really have to come up with something tomorrow to quell a growing anger amongst the fans. The Korey thing today doesn't look good from a Comms perspective.

Might try via Mac tomorrow then.

Decent effort, although a bit Sunday supplement feel to it along with the old rambling pub man in Ian.

feels like there’s too many guests which makes it feel more stifled rather than a conversation/debate.

One thing that has been clarified @Lez is no academic!

Enjoyed this one too and was a good discussion all round.

Have always enjoyed listening to Mark and Ian's view on RB and no different here. (Dave was good too)!

Some may not like Ian's challenging (perceived negative views) but he talks a lot of sense IMO and we need balance so don't see an issue here. Fans of all clubs do the same.

I'd be concerned if there wasn't sufficient challenge where there are apparent issues surrounding how the club and/or team affairs are run. 

Archived