IGNORED

Paul Simpson

Drink_Up_Thee_Cider

Just now, LoyalRed said:

I can barely contain my excitement, Holden/Simpson combination would work well at the Gas in L1 but not in the Championship where we sacked our manager for a chance to improve and get to the Premiership. 

Considering Simpson has managed Preston in the championship as well as the England U20s to great success as well as being assistant at both Derby and Newcastle, I’d say he’s slightly better than league one...

29 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If Holden is appointed he’s a good assistant choice from my limited knowledge. A good coach with lots of connections in the game, we could do much worse

Holden /Simpson = the dream team.

FFS when this charade started who in their right mind would have come up with that.

3 minutes ago, Drink_Up_Thee_Cider said:

Like I said, don't shoot the messenger! You may well have a point there as well! ? 

On here???

It's our right of passage and part of your initiation ceremony. Your very first post has strayed into the ITK territory which is the equivalent of getting all dressed up in your city shirt, free scarf, bobble hat and going to the home end at the Mem.

Welcome anyway though.

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

The betting odds. Also smoke and mirrors from BS3. Hougton is now even money 

Odds mean absolutely nothing, if I went and put 10k on Holden now he’d be the heavy favourite, it’s irrelevant. 

The best info we have at the moment comes from Gregor, who says it’s Holden. In reality, we won’t have a clue until it’s announced

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Our failure to push into the playoffs wasn't because of experience (we had kalas Smith bentley pato hunt all experianced)

It was because of the head coaches chopping and changing and the players loosing faith in him

We had ( have still atm) very little experience in the dug out, they were like rabbits in headlights when things were not going right.

As for experience on the pitch, the midfield area in particular was not ‘streetwise’ Korey Smith is League one and lower Championship experienced, we need higher league know how and experience to get us where the club’s goal is.

Kalas does not jump out as someone who uses his experience, Patterson ( very good player) the same.

We need an experienced central midfielder in the mould of a Hartley or a Gow. They are worth there weight in gold. 

Seems bizarre that he would leave an England set up where he is a manager. To be an assistant to an inexperienced manager at a championship club.

I know Cooper went to Swansea from a similar place. But that was as manager, and he's been allowed a lot of freedom to develop hisnown squad.

13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I don't know Paul Simpson and have no idea what his skills are or anything whatsoever about what he could offer BCFC this season.

BUT IF HE'S APPOINTED- they'll be big trouble from me. I'll shake my fist and stamp my feet and demand a refund on my signed Nicky Maynard Shirt and let Mark Ashton's tyres down. As for a half time pie- NEVER AGAIN so long as Simpson puts the cones out. BOO.

I now feel so connected with this forum.

? I’m in your camp.

You have no say what so what so ever in the running of the club in any shape or form but still give them thousands of pounds a year based on nothing but an irrational love.

Why get angry about it. Just don’t go and bury the feelings ?

I expect Holden's been TOLD to think about it over the weekend whilst the king of spin does his magic.

All looks a little under cooked to me as in the club's (not the fans) are not getting whom they wanted the first place or is costing too much and smacks of desperation.

I feel we are in for a torrid season of players being sold, turgid football with no cohesiveness or plan, plenty of bickering on and off the pitch, being played off the park by at least half of the division in either empty or half empty stadiums and leaving everybody deeply unhappy and disillusioned with everything Bristol City.

I really need to review my medication.

Sounds like a good assistant to me. Manages England under 20s and won the WC with them in 2017, so would have good contacts surely?

Here is the team he managed to the WC final in 2017, we wouldn't be able to get any of these players now but still interesting:

Screenshot_20200809-093922.thumb.png.6f293cd6876c135641b494e3e87f2c72.png

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

? I’m in your camp.

You have no say what so what so ever in the running of the club in any shape or form but still give them thousands of pounds a year based on nothing but an irrational love.

Why get angry about it. Just don’t go and bury the feelings ?

Exactly.

I spend even more with Sainsburys and at least they listen and consult me when they appoint new Management- same goes for Nat West- they get 100% of my entire income but always consult me when they are closing a Branch or raising my charges.

3 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Exciting = causing great enthusiasm and eagerness.

Spot on .

Haven't a clue who it will be but i would imagine someone with a far higher profile.

I seem to remember GMG using the phrase 'quite exciting'. This makes sense to me as it definitely isn't 'very exciting' or even plain old 'exciting'. A current England team coach may be seen as 'quite' by some - probably not many though. 

12 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Seems bizarre that he would leave an England set up where he is a manager. To be an assistant to an inexperienced manager at a championship club.

I know Cooper went to Swansea from a similar place. But that was as manager, and he's been allowed a lot of freedom to develop hisnown squad.

He wouldn't need to leave the England set up

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Exactly.

I spend even more with Sainsburys and at least they listen and consult me when they appoint new Management- same goes for Nat West- they get 100% of my entire income but always consult me when they are closing a Branch or raising my charges.

Exactly right.

If you don’t like you shop at Aldi, or bank at HSBC

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

As far as I can see, Skybet, Betvictor and W Hill are no longer offering odds. Where are you seeing this? 

On the William hill web site about four hours ago . Even if you google next city manager various web sites have similar odds 

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

On the William hill web site about four hours ago . Even if you google next city manager various web sites have similar odds 

Only bet victor and William Hill are offering odds, no one else,

I wouldnt waste your money holden has the job

25 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Considering Simpson has managed Preston in the championship as well as the England U20s to great success as well as being assistant at both Derby and Newcastle, I’d say he’s slightly better than league one...

You make it sound like Paul must have had an illustrious managerial career at Preston when actually he was sacked within a year.  Actual fact is Sean o'driscoll has a better CV than Paul Simpson 

Archived