IGNORED

Paul Simpson

Drink_Up_Thee_Cider

54 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember him scoring a hat trick against us when he played for derby. We won 4-3 on a Sunday afternoon. That’s all I really know about this bloke 

Yep . That’s the one. Was on itv that game . However seem to recall Wayne Allison scored as did junior bent that game ... I was also there at the baseball ground - horrible afternoon with their fans and coppers vile 

3 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Yep . That’s the one. Was on itv that game . However seem to recall Wayne Allison scored as did junior bent that game ... I was also there at the baseball ground - horrible afternoon with their fans and coppers vile 

One of those games that stick well in the memory, a rare live tv appearance on terrestrial tv. Derby came out of the blocks and scored a couple early, then a player was sent off and the game became very end to end. Was the winner an own goal or a big deflection? There was a link to the game on here not that long ago. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Still all just wild speculation and gossip............:dunno:

I think I’ll wait the club officially announce the new head coach and his assistant via the OS and press conference............:cool2:

Fair point although a bloke told me  a mate who knows a bloke said his mate told someone else’s mate Ashton suggested Brian Clough but no one had his mobile number 

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Only bet victor and William Hill are offering odds, no one else,

I wouldnt waste your money holden has the job

Too much unexpected sun in the UK may have an influence on common sense.

4 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

You make it sound like Paul must have had an illustrious managerial career at Preston when actually he was sacked within a year.  Actual fact is Sean o'driscoll has a better CV than Paul Simpson 

We’re talking about an assistant coach, not a manager here. In that regard, his CV makes him out to be a very good fit.

Preston is an interesting one, he took them to just outside the play offs despite being given no money to spend, then had to sell Nugent in the summer for 8 million. Despite bringing in nearly 10 million in transfer fees he was only able to reinvest 5 and their form plummeted afterwards. That was all 12 years ago anyway, why didn’t you focus more on his most recent job where he won the World Cup?

So a random person appears overnight on the forum, with a friend who's a former city player, and throws a random name into the mix, and we all believe it?

Surely this poster would have reason to be on the forum previously?

No offence to the OP, but I don't believe this for one second!

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

One of those games that stick well in the memory, a rare live tv appearance on terrestrial tv. Derby came out of the blocks and scored a couple early, then a player was sent off and the game became very end to end. Was the winner an own goal or a big deflection? There was a link to the game on here not that long ago. 

Found the link

Winner by Allison from a Jacki cross. :) There was an own goal Andy Comyn within seconds of coming on as sub.

21 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

He only got a hat trick since he was the fortuitous recipient of us playing Brian Mitchell in that game...

Darkness. Imprisoning me. All that I see. Absolute horror.

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

So a random person appears overnight on the forum, with a friend who's a former city player, and throws a random name into the mix, and we all believe it?

Surely this poster would have reason to be on the forum previously?

No offence to the OP, but I don't believe this for one second!

More believable the mike phelin 

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

That Derby sub scoring the own goal straight after he came on!!! ? Has there ever been a quicker one?!

I have seen a couple other the years, both goals and own goals by subs, but  that must be close to some sort of record.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think I’ll wait the club officially announce the new head coach and his assistant via the OS and press conference............:cool2:

Best not to waste your time on a thread speculating on who the Head Coach and Assistant might be then?

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Weirdly Simpson has had a better Championship finish than Lee Johnson, when he managed Preston in 2006/07 season, guiding them to a 7th place finish and missing out on the play-offs on goal difference. 

Perfect replacement within if DH fails then ?

17 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Best not to waste your time on a thread speculating on who the Head Coach and Assistant might be then?

That’s my point CR........and I’m hoping that other posters give up wasting their time by posting unproven rumour and gossip.

The only reliable Information is when there is an official announcement from the club.

Just now, Robbored said:

That’s my point CR........and I’m hoping that other posters give up wasting their time by posting unproven rumour and gossip.

The only reliable Information is when there is an official announcement from the club.

If only you’d made that exact same point before...

This seems to be a strange choice, if true. He’s had a a good time as England U20 manager but a patchy record as a manager before that. (SoD was England U19 manager for a while so perhaps we should bring him back). The only thing in his favour is he’s 5’ 7” tall so that provides some continuity that SL and MA like 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

That doesnt tie up with the analysts leaving though,

Thanks for the info

It does if he’s got skills in that area!!

Perhaps Dean hasn’t been impressed with what he’s seen from Stanton’s team.  Maybe there will be a shuffling of the Recruitment Analysts to do some of the Performance Analyst work, leaving someone like Simpson to be involved in recruitment too.

All I know is that Simpson was a bloody good player, but importantly he’s coached the national age group, so must be able to coach.

Name the other head-coaches in the Champ who’ve headed up an international age group team?

• Cooper
  • Frank

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It does if he’s got skills in that area!!

Perhaps Dean hasn’t been impressed with what he’s seen from Stanton’s team.  Maybe there will be a shuffling of the Recruitment Analysts to do some of the Performance Analyst work, leaving someone like Simpson to be involved in recruitment too.

All I know is that Simpson was a bloody good player, but importantly he’s coached the national age group, so must be able to coach.

Name the other head-coaches in the Champ who’ve headed up an international age group team?

• Cooper
  • Frank

If I recall correctly, he once scored a hat-trick against us in a high scoring match at Derby, if I have the right player.  If he could teach our wingers to be as dangerous, he might do very well.

Seems a good option to me. He’s had great success managing very talented youngsters to become arguably the best team in the world. It seems clear that our plan is to give youth and the academy a real chance next season so why not go for the guy who has had massive success with that age group. Seems to make far more sense than Hughton imo. The only reason people won’t like it is because it’s not the ‘big name’ that, in their deluded minds, will bring guaranteed success and promotion.

Archived