IGNORED

Paul Simpson

Drink_Up_Thee_Cider

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s my point CR........and I’m hoping that other posters give up wasting their time by posting unproven rumour and gossip.

The only reliable Information is when there is an official announcement from the club.

What do you want to happen, these threads to come to an abrupt end and no more discussion until the announcement by order of Robbored ?

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Exactly.

I spend even more with Sainsburys and at least they listen and consult me when they appoint new Management

So the moral of your story is, even if you have a manager at your Sainsburys who runs the place like a total shit show, don't complain, don't discuss it, don't expect any explanation from the store as to why they've changed anything for the detriment of shoppers and the appalling customer service just keep going in and shopping every day. 

More importantly though, as well as blindly handing over your cash and accepting what you get for your money, make sure you stand outside the shop afterwards and take the piss out of anyone who dares to complain that the shop isn't being run as well as it could be. 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

We’re talking about an assistant coach, not a manager here. In that regard, his CV makes him out to be a very good fit.

Preston is an interesting one, he took them to just outside the play offs despite being given no money to spend, then had to sell Nugent in the summer for 8 million. Despite bringing in nearly 10 million in transfer fees he was only able to reinvest 5 and their form plummeted afterwards. That was all 12 years ago anyway, why didn’t you focus more on his most recent job where he won the World Cup?

It was actually pointed out he was assistant coach at Newcastle and Derby, I was merely pointing out that a former manager who was abysmal here was at Liverpool as assistant manager later on. 

He was lucky at Preston in that he had Nugent in his prime, being called up for England while playing for a Championship side and banging goals in for fun, bit like Tammy was when at BC. 

if it was Simpson / Hughton I would be happy but it’s Simpson and the unproven inexperienced cheap option in Holden which is the concern 

2 hours ago, Street red said:

But this doesn't add to the point that Holdens had to go home and think about it.. what ever the situation it's a joke.

It could be that wasn’t what he was expecting to be offered or he wanted Jamie McAllister as his assistant. 

39 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Thats a very negative outlook. Come on, think positive about Holden.

Whats negative about my comment?, I merely said he wasn't responsible for the last 3 years because he wasn't in charge.

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Seems bizarre that he would leave an England set up where he is a manager. To be an assistant to an inexperienced manager at a championship club.

I know Cooper went to Swansea from a similar place. But that was as manager, and he's been allowed a lot of freedom to develop hisnown squad.

Is the England job full time? Maybe if it’s more of an advisory role here he could do both. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

So a random person appears overnight on the forum, with a friend who's a former city player, and throws a random name into the mix, and we all believe it?

Surely this poster would have reason to be on the forum previously?

No offence to the OP, but I don't believe this for one second!

I have looked in this forum for years but never had much to add. Just putting out there what I was told.

Again don’t shoot the messenger!

Definitely not "exciting" and his club teams managed doesn't exactly get you going! Sacked from Shrewsbury and Stockport and the last club team he managed was Northwich Victoria in the Northern Premier Division, albeit only temporarily.

He's coached at a good level mind and looked after some good young players so perhaps that is where he has excelled. Still trying to find some positives in all this ?

This is a very plausible rumour.

It completely fits the model of what the club are trying to do identifying younger players with potential to sell on.

They must be looking at how Swansea did after appointing Cooper and the quality he could attract on loan in Gallagher, Brewster & Guehi. Took them from going nowhere to top 6

a model of:-

Holden as Head Coach - familiar with the current squad & youth, understands the club structure & happy to work within it. 

Simpson as Experienced & connected assistant coach - you links to quality youth players at National level and links up with Tinnion to bring through our next generation of homegrown.

+ DoF/Consultant in the shape of a formidable ex manager to provide the knowledge, bigger picture and mentoring to the less experienced coaching team.

That could actually work in the current Covid climate and would be an upgrade on past 4 years & still cost compared employing a bigger name manager.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

My point is that he’d be a good assistant to Holden, just because the thread isn’t about him doesn’t mean he can’t be mentioned...

I think in your original post you were talking about Paul Simpson but said Holden. Hence my "Holden?" 

53 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

It was actually pointed out he was assistant coach at Newcastle and Derby, I was merely pointing out that a former manager who was abysmal here was at Liverpool as assistant manager later on. 

He was lucky at Preston in that he had Nugent in his prime, being called up for England while playing for a Championship side and banging goals in for fun, bit like Tammy was when at BC. 

if it was Simpson / Hughton I would be happy but it’s Simpson and the unproven inexperienced cheap option in Holden which is the concern 

O’Driscoll was actually a good coach who was here at the wrong time when the club was in turmoil, it’s no surprise that players who he had a big impact on went on to have very good careers for us and then at other clubs afterwards. In the short term he was disastrous yes, but his long term plan was the catalyst of where we are today. So if Simpson has the impact he had in the long term development of players then I’d be happy. 

I agree that Hughton would be the better option, but if it is Holden then Simpson is a good, experienced appointment alongside him

14 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

This is a very plausible rumour.

It completely fits the model of what the club are trying to do identifying younger players with potential to sell on.

They must be looking at how Swansea did after appointing Cooper and the quality he could attract on loan in Gallagher, Brewster & Guehi. Took them from going nowhere to top 6

a model of:-

Holden as Head Coach - familiar with the current squad & youth, understands the club structure & happy to work within it. 

Simpson as Experienced & connected assistant coach - you links to quality youth players at National level and links up with Tinnion to bring through our next generation of homegrown.

+ DoF/Consultant in the shape of a formidable ex manager to provide the knowledge, bigger picture and mentoring to the less experienced coaching team.

That could actually work in the current Covid climate and would be an upgrade on past 4 years & still cost compared employing a bigger name manager.

I really don’t believe that’s on the cards at all.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If at first you don’t succeed, try try again..........:dunno:

34,983 tries though....?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

One of those games that stick well in the memory, a rare live tv appearance on terrestrial tv. Derby came out of the blocks and scored a couple early, then a player was sent off and the game became very end to end. Was the winner an own goal or a big deflection? There was a link to the game on here not that long ago. 

Went to that game at the Baseball ground. They were all over us, and 2-0 up; when their keeper (steve sutton) got sent off for dragging down Junior; and we scored the subsequent penalty.

Then in one of the more bizarre decisions i've seen; they put their best player (paul williams) in goal. They completely lost the midfield, and then Comyn came on and scored an OG with his first touch. Certainly was a brilliant game, and yes; simpson was immense for them that day.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If at first you don’t succeed, try try again..........:dunno:

As W C Fields said:

“If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.“

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I have seen a couple other the years, both goals and own goals by subs, but  that must be close to some sort of record.

That game had everything 

7 goals

keeper sent off

penalty

own goal through 1st touch of a player 

Hat trick 

plus junior bent scoring !! 

sorry - derailing this thread hugely but that was an enjoyable 8 mins in what is a rather odd time to be a city fan ! 

Just now, Red Alert said:

Shame as this could be a workable set up & cover their blind spots. Probably cost less than a CH etc. 

Yes, if it’s one that bridges the gap between head-coach and board in regards to both recruitment and trading....it will be a damn sight cheaper.  I was hoping that Tinnion could be that person.

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember him scoring a hat trick against us when he played for derby. We won 4-3 on a Sunday afternoon. That’s all I really know about this bloke 

Was about to post the same! epic match, one of my favourite away games ever!! Tin hat time after :D 

Archived