IGNORED

Paul Simpson

Drink_Up_Thee_Cider

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Must admit I'd heard this rumour on Friday (think it's Gary Owers who you are referring to as the ex-player) and have spent all weekend hoping it's not true, because it just adds further weight to the fact Holden is happening.

We've been down this exact route before of course with Steve Wigley and Keith Millen, which ended in spectacular failure. 

England's youth set-up tends to attract coaches that can't seem to cut it in league football. 

Fair play he won the u-20s WC, but then look at the squad he had. 

This doesn't soften the blow of what's about to come. 

Its a ******* joke

The club is a laughing stock

It has alienated large sections of the fan base

It has lied to us

There is no direction scatter gun approach to player recruitment

No leadership

This has relegation written all over it 

******* joke  

On 09/08/2020 at 07:58, Drink_Up_Thee_Cider said:

New to this forum, so be gentle!

Usual heard from a pal, who is an ex city player and friends with Jamie Mac, apparently JM has been given the boot because he has spoken out to MA about a number of MA's decisions during the last 5 weeks. In addition to this he also said that he's been told that Paul Simpson will be coming in as assistant to DH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Simpson_(footballer)

Don't shoot the messenger!

COYR's!

There could be big Kudos to a new member for rocking up with some info. 

If the Simpson nugget turns out to be true, does that mean the outspoken Macca bit is true too?

Hmmm.....

On 09/08/2020 at 07:58, Drink_Up_Thee_Cider said:

New to this forum, so be gentle!

Usual heard from a pal, who is an ex city player and friends with Jamie Mac, apparently JM has been given the boot because he has spoken out to MA about a number of MA's decisions during the last 5 weeks. In addition to this he also said that he's been told that Paul Simpson will be coming in as assistant to DH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Simpson_(footballer)

Don't shoot the messenger!

COYR's!

Spill the beans what decisions was he unhappy about?

On 09/08/2020 at 15:46, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Andy Comyn coming on as a second half sub for Derby to shore up their defence and scoring an own goal with his first touch of the ball.  Classic stuff!  And some fabulous commentary from Todger Malone, my favourite being “Hello, what’s this?” as he noticed Paul Simpson unmarked and about to complete his hat trick.

It was Shelts who was rugby tackled and Martin Scott put away the penalty.

Getting totally geeky and sentimental, this was my favourite year ever with City!! (not season, but year!) 

And to put the question of our ambition into perspective, I think even then (25 years ago!?) Derby had spent more that summer than we have in the last few years put together!!!? They went into that match with an insane amount of talent I think, Lionel Pickering as the sugar daddy??

Murdered in the opening exchanges, but that match went onto be a classic. 

Was only there because I'd had my heart broken a few nights before in Ritzy (!!!) and was in a right teenage love lost mess! My mate wisely advised me that going to Derby would take my mind off things :D 

For all the various big wins or high profile matches I've seen with City, i would genuinely rather re-live this Derby match than say Liverpool. A terrace of cider monsters and geezers and, in front, a match just unbelievable in its plot! Own goals, red cards, last minute winners, heroic comeback, an outfield player dressed in a huge keepers jersey, a bonkers classic stadium, flying bricks, penalty, roger malone is a wan**r, and a pissed up away following doing the doobie doo. You wouldn't believe this game if it was on the playstation. 

Amazing times watching City!

Drunk, morose and missing it :D 

28 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Getting totally geeky and sentimental, this was my favourite year ever with City!! (not season, but year!) 

And to put the question of our ambition into perspective, I think even then (25 years ago!?) Derby had spent more that summer than we have in the last few years put together!!!? They went into that match with an insane amount of talent I think, Lionel Pickering as the sugar daddy??

Murdered in the opening exchanges, but that match went onto be a classic. 

Was only there because I'd had my heart broken a few nights before in Ritzy (!!!) and was in a right teenage love lost mess! My mate wisely advised me that going to Derby would take my mind off things :D 

For all the various big wins or high profile matches I've seen with City, i would genuinely rather re-live this Derby match than say Liverpool. A terrace of cider monsters and geezers and, in front, a match just unbelievable in its plot! Own goals, red cards, last minute winners, heroic comeback, an outfield player dressed in a huge keepers jersey, a bonkers classic stadium, flying bricks, penalty, roger malone is a wan**r, and a pissed up away following doing the doobie doo. You wouldn't believe this game if it was on the playstation. 

Amazing times watching City!

Drunk, morose and missing it :D 

Ah Ritzy’s on Baldwin Street, I used to go to 80’s night on a Thursday, 80p to get in, 80p for a pint and 80’s music, this was probs 97/98, very different times!!

On 10/08/2020 at 14:24, Negan said:

To be honest between the 3 of them I think they are going to make 1 manager if that makes sense. Dean will be the “head” coach but they’ll very much be an even team. 

Decision by committee... Hmm.. usually ends badly... Actually usually starts badly too.

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Decision by committee... Hmm.. usually ends badly... Actually usually starts badly too.

Exactly, as the proverb says “ A camel is a horse designed by a committee”

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Ah Ritzy’s on Baldwin Street, I used to go to 80’s night on a Thursday, 80p to get in, 80p for a pint and 80’s music, this was probs 97/98, very different times!!

Remember going there on a Thursday night in early 90s.  Handed our coats in, and the lady behind the desk said “12, 13 and 14”.  I asked is that our coat numbers.  She said “no, that’s how many are in here” ? 

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I remember going there in the 70s when it was the Top Rank. Always used to kick off on a Saturday night. As you say it was a different world to that which we live in today.

12 minutes ago, Redland said:

I remember going there in the 70s when it was the Top Rank. Always used to kick off on a Saturday night. As you say it was a different world to that which we live in today.

Top Rank used to be along by the labour exchange, opposite Bridewell, when I went there in the late 60's. The Gaumont cinema used to be on Baldwin St.

Archived