IGNORED

Pre-season friendlies?

Andy082005

Does anybody? 

There will be no point in the community games for a start, then the logistics and quarantine rules will make a tour or training camp all but impossible. It’s all very weird really.

The most obvious options would be playing a few local teams, even the gas would be an option with no crowd issues to worry about.

We played Southampton as a warm up game before the restart in early June so should aim to play them again late Aug or early Sep along with some other local teams to make logistics easier. Wouldn’t mind Swindon, Forest Green Rovers or Plymouth being possible games too. The Gas would be a real treat though ?

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

I noticed the blue few played BMF yesterday 

I would guess we're about 10 days away from a PSF

Players fitness levels are going to be tested this season really. I know they are getting this short break now, but because of the last round of games, I think by Feb or March there will be an element of burn out for a few.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Players fitness levels are going to be tested this season really. I know they are getting this short break now, but because of the last round of games, I think by Feb or March there will be an element of burn out for a few.

Judging by the frenetic activity on this forum over the change of head coach, there will be a good few fans suffering burn out before too long.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This season will be a sprint and no mistake.

September 12th weekend for opening round of League games.

May 8th/9th weekend to finish.

3 weekends lost to the International calendar. 

Minimum of one to the FA Cup.

The Carabao Cup- one game at minimum, midweek. 

Feels a logistical nightmare!

I know that DH has just been appointed; and things will only just be starting to take shape.

But does anyone know whether there is any friendlies lined up, before the start of the season?

I know that they will be without spectators. it'll just be interesting to see what formations/ fringe players are included.

Looks like the first game is only a couple of weeks away.

23 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I know that DH has just been appointed; and things will only just be starting to take shape.

But does anyone know whether there is any friendlies lined up, before the start of the season?

I know that they will be without spectators. it'll just be interesting to see what formations/ fringe players are included.

Looks like the first game is only a couple of weeks away.

I’ll be amazed if we haven’t.  Holden and Rolls were asked to prepare pre-season in advance, ready for whoever was put in charge.

On 09/08/2020 at 14:15, Matthew me said:

If I could handpick the games I'd stay local, very little travel and hotels for players 

Gas

Manor Farm

Weston

Bath

Torquay

Cheltenham

Yeovil

Saints

Building up in quality....

Somewhat fixed for you

Archived