IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Korey is probably thanking his lucky stars DH is getting the gig. Very Fortunate to get a new deal IMO but there we go, the board are clearly happy for mediocrity next season so it would only be right to keep our mediocre players like Smith.

Erm?

Just now, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It’s a shambles that our longest serving player is going because a manager hasn’t been there to make a decision on him. Whether or not he should’ve been kept on is irrelevant, so poor.

That’s an assumption. He is nearly 30 - had two serious injuries. It’s likely the decision was made a while ago not to give him a new deal.

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

That’s an assumption. He is nearly 30 - had two serious injuries. It’s likely the decision was made a while ago not to give him a new deal.

If the decision was made a while ago then why has this still not been announced by the club 1 day before pre season, with the player seemingly being left in the dark and now making the decision for himself to move on?

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Always been confused by fans saying he is not a good passer. I am sat there watching him spray accurate passes out to the flanks. And most importantly making the right decisions when to pass it simple, keep hold of it a bit before giving it, going back or long etc etc. And I am always thinking why do fans say he can't pass the ball?

I have never thought his passing is that good when in attacking areas, and maybe that's what fans mean. But he's not really the type of player to do a fantastic Palmer like defence splitting pass. But that's not his game. If he had that as well then he'd probably have gone onto the next level.

His ability on the ball in front of the defence is what matters to me. And his ability off the ball to protect them. Something we have really pretty much every season he has been here when he's been missing.

I'd say he is pretty strong as well. He puts himself about and wins physical battles, even if he is short in height.

Injuries are still a worry. But I think it's worth taking a chance. Would rather we kept on Korey and let Nagy go if that's possible.

EDIT. Well doesn't matter now anyway! ?

Good summary Jon ??

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yet nothing from the club . 

Certainly not making excuses for the media team, but I believe they’ve been caught asleep at the wheel with the Macca and Holden stuff.

Back to Korey....can’t add anything to what everyone has posted re his footballing ability.  But genuinely a fantastic human (to pinch a LJ’ism).  Met him lots of times, not a bad word to say about him.  Some club is gonna get a good player and a better person.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Good summary Jon ??

Certainly not making excuses for the media team, but I believe they’ve been caught asleep at the wheel with the Macca and Holden stuff.

Back to Korey....can’t add anything to what everyone has posted re his footballing ability.  But genuinely a fantastic human (to pinch a LJ’ism).  Met him lots of times, not a bad word to say about him.  Some club is gonna get a good player and a better person.

I don’t really buy that. The news broke Friday, it’s not hard to then get someone to publish a statement soon afterwards. It’s not as if it’s just some media exec is the only person who has a login to the club socials and websites.

Korey would’ve been told he wouldn’t be getting a contract long before today. It’s an absolute mess from top to bottom. 

I’m all for Korey being let go but this is fast becoming a joke. 
For Korey himself to have to announce it is piss poor.

The lack of communication & leadership at this club is embarrassing at present.

new head of comms needed for sure. I wonder how long this wall of silence will continue? Absolute shambles.

Utter bullshit lack of club press on this matter shows where we are. Club have seen the the bedsheets go up and keep posting nonsense about previous moments and players from other seasons. They know the fanbase are unhappy all the best Korey thanks for your time here. Good luck for the future, lucky escape it feels for what is to come.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Good summary Jon ??

Surely the least the club could of done was come out with a statement and give a fitting tribute to a player who has given his all for us over the last 6 years. Not let him go on social media and have to explain himself about his future. Just another own goal by the club IMO 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t really buy that. The news broke Friday, it’s not hard to then get someone to publish a statement soon afterwards. It’s not as if it’s just some media exec is the only person who has a login to the club socials and websites.

Korey would’ve been told he wouldn’t be getting a contract long before today. It’s an absolute mess from top to bottom. 

No, wrong words from me....meant to say “shouldn’t need to make excuses for them”.  They’ve failed miserably.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

To have your captain, longest serving player and fans favourite have to announce their own departure on social media is actually disgusting. 

**** you Jon Lansdown, Mark Ashton and all the ***** that work for you MARK 

Ran out of likes, but couldn't have said it better myself. 

26 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

The club is a mess. Firstly, they are feeding the press nonsense, secondly we have lost another key player. Full on turmoil right now, Gregor wouldn’t have made that story up, they are hanging him out to dry. 

Or they are trying to flush out a mole inside the club by giving them false information perhaps.

Archived