IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

If you can't trust the media team it explains the lack of communication. Well except JL could do it directly via his personal twitter etc.

"After reflecting on our communications from Friday I can see that in our focus to get all of the information out to Season Card holders we were missing a key component - love," 

Because we learned about communicating with the fans from earlier in the season... riiiiight?

On Korey, not good enough for a top championship team IMO, but he was definitely better than HNM, so while I think we need to replace him, we're also losing our best player in that role... so hopefully HNM or someone else like Morrell, Walsh, Nagy etc steps up or we have a great replacement incoming.

The lad has served the club with dignity, consistentency and professionalsm from day one. He has been a pivotal player at our most successful times over recent years and his leadership is unquestionably very important(Taylor Moore said as much when offering analysis of the PNE match). In my personal opinion his performances post lockdown convinced me he was worth another year or even 2 years (perhaps with the 2nd year dependant on appearances if the injury concerns lingered). Morrell, Walsh, Nagy and Massengo are relatively young and inexperienced, and in recent years leadership on the pitch has not been effective enough in my opinion, so losing the character most likely to lead both verbally and by example seems very short-sighted. But then at the moment not much is making sense when it comes to City. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

I disagree. He was the only person saying Hughton wasn't a done deal, which was right.

How do you think journalists work? They need sources. Bristol City more than ever keep things under wraps, how do you think he can get to the truth of the matter? He has to work on hunches and sources. Some may be wrong but he's normally pretty level headed.

But nobody knows what deal is done or with whom

21 minutes ago, RichW said:

4 captains in one season, with Pack, Brownhill, Wright and Smith. Huge leadership void.

And not one of them here for next season - big piece of recruitment to identify & sign our next leader on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still team Gregor here. He doesn’t get everything right but I believe he reports what he’s heard in good faith. And he’s got a lot more right than wrong during this fiasco - unlike the nationals - so perhaps we could cut him a little bit of slack.

So there you have it G McG has been publishing complete bollox and admits it. How much other crap has he been sprouting to the masses.

Interesting to see that some recent reports have also been from one of BP's Trainee Digital Sports Reporters. Bet he's ITK !!

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still team Gregor here. He doesn’t get everything right but I believe he reports what he’s heard in good faith. And he’s got a lot more right than wrong during this fiasco - unlike the nationals - so perhaps we could cut him a little bit of slack.

Annoying to see the amount of people jumping on his back. They were obviously waiting for a chance like this. 

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

So there you have it G McG has been publishing complete bollox and admits it. How much other crap has he been sprouting to the masses.

Interesting to see that some recent reports have also been from one of BP's Trainee Digital Sports Reporter. Bet he's ITK !!

So you’ve just ignored what I actually said then. Any chance of a little balance?

22 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Another situation (and decision IMO) handled by this current shambles of a Club

There is becoming quite a list

Embarrassing 

Just think, in another world Bristol City would have behaved like a normal football club and had an experienced manager in for the last two games.  He’d have assessed the squad, made decisions on who stays and goes and we’d be seeing a squad taking shape for next season.... in another world. 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

We are currently being run by a bunch of ***** 

Sad thing is it’s not just currently.

It’s been as long as I can remember the Lansdowns have been involved. Yes. An unpopular view but one I’ve held on to for a long, long time.

Others with a far better insight into how they see the Lansdowns will shoot me down. Steve this, Steve that....

Thing is he has little if any interest in what we once called “our club”. Pula is simply the name he’s given to his investment. A cash cow with multiple udders that he pulls when he thinks the time is right and when one udder has a touch of mastitis.

Cup run. Man Utd. Man City. Quick Mark. Pull the football one. Get Lee to swing a ball boy round in the air.

Shall we kick in boss? No Mark. I fancy a tug on the Bears now......

And so we are where we are. Hughton is coming. Gerrard is coming. No. There’s talk of Hoddle. To work alongside a failed coach.  But we’ll play the local press. Tell them one thing and then let “our fans” find out we’ve pulled their pants down when the actual player makes his own announcement on his social media.

******* clowns. The lot of them. 

Time for the Lansdowns to have a pull on another udder next week. Flyers anyone?

Just now, Mendip City said:

Just think, in another world Bristol City would have behaved like a normal football club and had an experienced manager in for the last two games.  He’d have assessed the squad, made decisions on who stays and goes and we’d be seeing a squad taking shape for next season.... in another world. 

Don’t be silly, that makes far too much sense for this football club

8 minutes ago, AberRed said:

The whole club media strategy needs an overhaul. The last few weeks have been an absolute shambles top to toe. 

You could level the same criticism at the media itself who are stoking the fire with unsubstantiated rumours and "facts".

Nothing new in Bristol Post printing wrong or out of date info. 
Unfortunately there is also nothing new in the club being so secretive, Korey knew he was going but speculation rules because the club don’t have any respect for the fans, which ended up with Korey going public himself. 
Time the club woke up and showed the players and paying fans some respect!
either that or take out the lights in the concourse and start growing mushrooms!

Archived