IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Sad thing is it’s not just currently.

It’s been as long as I can remember the Lansdowns have been involved. Yes. An unpopular view but one I’ve held on to for a long, long time.

Others with a far better insight into how they see the Lansdowns will shoot me down. Steve this, Steve that....

Thing is he has little if any interest in what we once called “our club”. Pula is simply the name he’s given to his investment. A cash cow with multiple udders that he pulls when he thinks the time is right and when one udder has a touch of mastitis.

Cup run. Man Utd. Man City. Quick Mark. Pull the football one. Get Lee to swing a ball boy round in the air.

Shall we kick in boss? No Mark. I fancy a tug on the Bears now......

And so we are where we are. Hughton is coming. Gerrard is coming. No. There’s talk of Hoddle. To work alongside a failed coach.  But we’ll play the local press. Tell them one thing and then let “our fans” find out we’ve pulled their pants down when the actual player makes his own announcement on his social media.

******* clowns. The lot of them. 

Time for the Lansdowns to have a pull on another udder next week. Flyers anyone?

Agreed, felt the same for a while too, but until recently you’d be lynched for saying anything anti-SL.

Admittedly he’s proved us doubters wrong quite often, he’s definitely a “safe” owner and stops us dropping to far, but overall I still feel he’s holding the club back massively. The one positive of this whole debacle is that people are starting to realise. 

The way this has been handled just sums us up at the moment. For the people asking for a montage etc.... that hasn’t happened because they had no intention of making this announcement and have only done so because the player has been forced to announce it himself. It’s a disgraceful way to carry on.

As others have said, it looks like they’ve used this news to try and ‘out’ Gregor’s mole. What a way to treat a decent bloke and fantastic servant of the club.

Has it not occurred to Ashton and the children that run our media team these days that if they just communicated things openly and effectively, rather than tweeting irrelevant shite every day, there wouldn’t be a need for people to leak stuff?

What a dishonourable, shoddy shower this club have become. 

The most depressing aspect of this is how the clubs shambolic handling of the communication of Korey leaving is overshadowing the recognition he deserves.

The term ‘legend’ gets thrown around a lot these days, for me the lad is a shining example.

League winner, JPT winner, captain and scorer of one of the greatest goals in our history.

Not only that he’s a great man and a model professional. 

Thank you Korey for the greatest football memories of my life and all the best for the future. When you return the reception will be rapturous.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

The player having to announce this and not the club is an absolute shambles. What the **** are we playing at. 

The club should be saying he's released or they won't be renewing,why should the player come out and say this.. The clubs a s*** show at the minute.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Manager saga? SL coming out saying we want something fresh and it's looking like that was total BS 

Although I agree giving fans the wrong expectation wasn't the right thing to do, the length of time it's taken or still taking to appoint potentially Dean Holden is madness but don't think that justifies the statement of shady tbf. 

Just now, RedRoss said:

Although I agree giving fans the wrong expectation wasn't the right thing to do, the length of time it's taken or still taking to appoint potentially Dean Holden is madness but don't think that justifies the statement of shady tbf. 

Maybe shady was poor wording, but it's not good 

13 minutes ago, marmite said:

Already here. Taylor Moore.

Only 1 year left on his contract. Must be fed up like Walsh over lack of opportunities. 

Being sent out to Blackpool was a big slap in the face; as i felt we was actually improving with consistant appearances in a settled back four.

Wouldn't be surprised if he moves on for more football. A bit like Keogh did over a decade ago.

2 minutes ago, Street red said:

The club should be saying he's released or they won't be renewing,why should the player come out and say this.. The clubs a s*** show at the minute.

Why should the club respond to bollox published by the BP. I'm sure in due course they would have made the announcement in a respectful manner. It's just a shame that Korey has had to go public in order to slap down G McG's bullshite 

3 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Only 1 year left on his contract. Must be fed up like Walsh over lack of opportunities. 

Being sent out to Blackpool was a big slap in the face; as i felt we was actually improving with consistant appearances in a settled back four.

Wouldn't be surprised if he moves on for more football. A bit like Keogh did over a decade ago.

Pretty much my thoughts 

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

The way this has been handled just sums us up at the moment. For the people asking for a montage etc.... that hasn’t happened because they had no intention of making this announcement and have only done so because the player has been forced to announce it himself. It’s a disgraceful way to carry on.

As others have said, it looks like they’ve used this news to try and ‘out’ Gregor’s mole. What a way to treat a decent bloke and fantastic servant of the club.

Has it not occurred to Ashton and the children that run out media team these days that if they just communicated things openly and effectively, rather than tweeting irrelevant shite every day, there wouldn’t be a need for people to leak stuff?

What a dishonourable, shoddy shower this club have become. 

Not the right way to go, but if there's a leak, then it will be plugged. It's happened before, it will happen again.

What's more concerning is the fact that so many are desperate for news, so have jumped on the Gregor bandwagon as he's the only one releasing news/updates- regardless of whether they are correct or not!!

"Gregor says it's not true so there". As nice a bloke as he may be, he knows about as much of what goes on inside the club as I do!

As for Korey, best wishes to him and his family, would not be surprised to see one of the newly promoted clubs sign him for his experience and leadership.

He's been unfortunate in the past few years because of the injuries, but that's in some respect a result of how he plays - he will give everything. A top man, who will always be fondly remembered. 

:city:

5 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Reading through the lines, this must mean that the new manager is confirmed and signed off on releasing him....

Probably, but not necessarily.  We announced loans on Friday, not that Nurse or Cundy we’re gonna be in 1st team plans.

I’ve heard (not reliable source) that a younger player has been released too, and a bit unexpectedly.  So only posting to say stuff might be going on without agreement of new manager.  I’m not trying to be ITK, because I’m not, but I sometimes hear things, but it’s always from a mates mate if that makes sense.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Why should the club respond to bollox published by the BP. I'm sure in due course they would have made the announcement in a respectful manner. It's just a shame that Korey has had to go public in order to slap down G McG's bullshite 

True @BigTone.

But they seem to be completely reactionary now.

The fiasco over the season ticket nonsense. Followed by JL's grovelling apology over the lack of love to fans. Saying we need to do things better, followed by ........ nothing.

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

It's pretty widely reported that Holden has the job. 

Yes, but nothing has been confirmed so until it is it's just newspaper speculation. It could be right but it equal measures it could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You could level the same criticism at the media itself who are stoking the fire with unsubstantiated rumours and "facts".

Yes, you could label the same criticisms at both the club and the media. The club can not control the media errors but it should be able to control the club. At the moment it is a bloody circus however you want to dress things up.

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So the club have sent a farewell message for Korey on the OS which I knew they would obviously do for a club legend.

So lets cross that off the list of things to moan about. What next...umm...??

It was done quickly after korey himself posted something. I know people want to stand up for the club at all costs but this last few weeks have had a long lasting damaging affect imho. 

5 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Re Walsh, he was signed “ready to compete”.  He didn’t do enough overall.  It’s now crunch time for him...to prove a 45 minute v Stoke and some good on the ball stuff v QPR was the stuff that Cov fans witnessed all season.  Hopefully he will.  But it’s a jump, and needs to do it consistently.

Re Moore, yep, I just didn’t understand the loan at all.  Even with Benkovic in on loan, both Baker and Kalas have injury concerns.

Just now, BigTone said:

Yes, but nothing has been confirmed so until it is it's just newspaper speculation. It could be right but it equal measures it could be wrong.

I feel quite confident these "newspaper speculation" are true. You can even get a feel for it coming through the social media posts. Upto you to believe or not

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably, but not necessarily.  We announced loans on Friday, not that Nurse or Cundy we’re gonna be in 1st team plans.

I’ve heard (not reliable source) that a younger player has been released too, and a bit unexpectedly.  So only posting to say stuff might be going on without agreement of new manager.  I’m not trying to be ITK, because I’m not, but I sometimes hear things, but it’s always from a mates mate if that makes sense.

I think the KS contract situation was set in stone, when he was left out for the last game of the season.

It was obvious then, he was not part of our plans moving forward.

We could have, alongside Korey released something then during July as a proper goodbye; rather than this shocking state of affairs today unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The club have announced it.

The player announced it first as Bristol Post were inaccurate with their story and he would not want clubs thinking he is still staying at City.

If the Post don't do that then I am pretty sure the club put a farewell message like they did Wright and Taylor.

Do you think they were not going to do this for Korey?

Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence that they were going to do it.

Its not like BCFC and KS has agreed this morning that he won’t be given a new deal (or one on the terms he wants). City could still have announced his departure first once the BP ran their story this morning. 

That Korey, who to me is a club legend for what he’s achieved, had to announce his departure on Instagram leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Archived