IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

True @BigTone.

But they seem to be completely reactionary now.

The fiasco over the season ticket nonsense. Followed by JL's grovelling apology over the lack of love to fans. Saying we need to do things better, followed by ........ nothing.

Lack of love to fans ? People are upset by this ? Do you want the club to send you a box of Milk Tray with a bunch of red Rose's? FFS 

Even though the club have been massively poor with communication (it's like we're turning into Scientology) and by the looks of it decision making recently.

I don't actually blame them for this issue with Korey, they we're probably waiting for the announcement of the new manager.

Usually a new manager will say their bit on Korey especially if it is Dean. It's because Bristol Post ran an exclusive that prompted Korey to clarify which is fair.

I also don't blame Gregor for reporting it because he's obviously been told nonsense from someone and he's held his hands up.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably, but not necessarily.  We announced loans on Friday, not that Nurse or Cundy we’re gonna be in 1st team plans.

I’ve heard (not reliable source) that a younger player has been released too, and a bit unexpectedly.  So only posting to say stuff might be going on without agreement of new manager.  I’m not trying to be ITK, because I’m not, but I sometimes hear things, but it’s always from a mates mate if that makes sense.

Bakinson?

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Lack of love to fans ? People are upset by this ? Do you want the club to send you a box of Milk Tray with a bunch of red Rose's? FFS 

Not at all.

I'm just quoting JL on how they had got things wrong, and that they would learn and improve over the summer.

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I feel quite confident these "newspaper speculation" are true. You can even get a feel for it coming through the social media posts. Upto you to believe or not

Well let's agree to disagree and wait to see what transpires 

34 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I haven't ignored anything. G McG has admitted publishing incorrect information. End of.

It’s not “end of “ though is it. It’s just one example. The broader and more reasonable perspective is that he’s got a lot more right than wrong. Odd that you’re so determined not acknowledge that.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So you think the club were not going to send a farewell message for Korey at all?

As I said in my post, the situation doesn’t inspire confidence that they were. 

Their post today was reactive. That’s not how you should be when it comes to this.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How do you know it was done quickly? Could be complete coincidence they were going to be putting that up today. Other news seems to be happening now with loans and stuff.

Korey was always going to get a farewell message.

I can't believe fans think they wouldn't when they have for Taylor, Wright and so many others.

Timing was terrible Jon . Can’t believe some won’t criticise the club no matter what. We seem completely rudderless at the moment .   

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

Not the right way to go, but if there's a leak, then it will be plugged. It's happened before, it will happen again.

What's more concerning is the fact that so many are desperate for news, so have jumped on the Gregor bandwagon as he's the only one releasing news/updates- regardless of whether they are correct or not!!

"Gregor says it's not true so there". As nice a bloke as he may be, he knows about as much of what goes on inside the club as I do!

As for Korey, best wishes to him and his family, would not be surprised to see one of the newly promoted clubs sign him for his experience and leadership.

He's been unfortunate in the past few years because of the injuries, but that's in some respect a result of how he plays - he will give everything. A top man, who will always be fondly remembered. 

:city:

Get your point about Gregor but the reason that people are desperate for news is that the club are saying nothing of any substance about anything and haven’t for weeks now. And he has been accurate a number of times of late  

People are furious with the club at the moment and rightly so imo. The manager search and impending Holden appointment, the length of time it’s taken to get to that point, the comments about ‘hundreds of applicants’ and ‘pushing on’ before appointing Holden, the lack of any effective subsequent communication strategy about anything... all of these things have been completely shambolic and it gets worse by the day at the moment. Going back a little further the way the refund saga was handled was so appalling that even Jon Lansdown felt the need to apologise. 

This Smith situation is just today’s instalment....

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So you think the club were not going to send a farewell message for Korey at all?

At the moment we have chaos being caused by a combination of a very quiet club and a local rag trying to feed the fans information when they are either totally lacking in sources or being fed bum information from within the club.

Either way it is not reflecting well on the club itself and is a definite area for significant improvement.

Considering there’s a bloody giant mural in the ground for Smith from the Man U game the statement is underwhelming and looks rushed out.

I don’t see why the KS announcement would have anything to do with new Manager announcement or why it might have been delayed due to it. 

2 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Considering there’s a bloody giant mural in the ground for Smith from the Man U game the statement is underwhelming and looks rushed out.

I don’t see why the KS announcement would have anything to do with new Manager announcement or why it might have been delayed due to it. 

Be interesting to know who made it....... (The decision to shelve him)

33 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You could level the same criticism at the media itself who are stoking the fire with unsubstantiated rumours and "facts".

Agree to an extent. The fact that Talksport actually had the audacity to announce terms had been agreed with Hughton was pretty staggering.

But journalists will always print something, especially in the age of clickbait. If they have nothing to work with, they will print unsubstantiated rumours instead.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Complimentary condoms for all at Half Time.

He used the "love for the fans", not me.

The chairman of the football club earlier on this summer, admitted they had got things wrong; and would improve.

Does anyone see any improvement?

SL warned us not to get too emotionally attached to players.

Arguments on both sides re. Korey, but imo. the right time to part company.

I don't want senior players given contract extentions just because they're popular with either fans or the board.

Like Carey for instance who stayed at least a season too long.

Good luck Korey.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s not “end of “ though is it. It’s just one example. The broader and more reasonable perspective is that he’s got a lot more right than wrong. Odd that you’re so determined not acknowledge that.

But has he ? Anyway, I'm assuming no more about G McG & the BP than those on here about what is happening behind the scenes at the club.

Most likely I could be 100% wrong but conversely I could be 100% right.

My point from day one is that quite simply nothing has been confirmed at this juncture and until it is substantiated why get our Y-Fronts in a tangle.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

But has he ? Anyway, I'm assuming no more about G McG & the BP than those on here about what is happening behind the scenes at the club.

Most likely I could be 100% wrong but conversely I could be 100% right.

My point from day one is that quite simply nothing has been confirmed at this juncture and until it is substantiated why get our Y-Fronts in a tangle.

You’re echoing my statements exactly Tone. Unfortunately tho 

very few other posters seem to realise that.

9 minutes ago, AberRed said:

Agree to an extent. The fact that Talksport actually had the audacity to announce terms had been agreed with Hughton was pretty staggering.

But journalists will always print something, especially in the age of clickbait. If they have nothing to work with, they will print unsubstantiated rumours instead.

The magic word "clickbait". And sadly so many take said bait.

16 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I think the KS contract situation was set in stone, when he was left out for the last game of the season.

It was obvious then, he was not part of our plans moving forward.

We could have, alongside Korey released something then during July as a proper goodbye; rather than this shocking state of affairs today unfortunately.

Left out?  Was confirmed that Korey himself asked to be left out for fear of injury.  As you say, pretty much confirmed it for me, plus not on retained list either.

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Even though the club have been massively poor with communication (it's like we're turning into Scientology) and by the looks of it decision making recently.

I don't actually blame them for this issue with Korey, they we're probably waiting for the announcement of the new manager.

Usually a new manager will say their bit on Korey especially if it is Dean. It's because Bristol Post ran an exclusive that prompted Korey to clarify which is fair.

I also don't blame Gregor for reporting it because he's obviously been told nonsense from someone and he's held his hands up.

This is where club and local media need to work closer...and there have been recent examples of club not being very honest.  For example BP get wind of a story, want to publish it, but come to arrangement with club for exclusivity, then club shaft them.

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Dave Barton is City’s Head of Comms.

And Knights is his boss.

Very sorry to see Korey leaving. Great player for us and the last one left who had a backbone and would play with determination and a bit of bite. God help the powder puff team that Johnson and Holden have created next season. Led by one of the coaches that helped develop it. 

Shambolic handling by the club but after the last 5 weeks of farce I guess we should expect no more. 

Best of luck Korey and all the best to you and the family in the future. Thank you for all you did for BCFC.

Archived