IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Preston I reckon. @pnefcok

There will only be a vacancy in our midfield as and when Ben Pearson is sold.

And if and when that happens our fans will probably want a few quid spending on the replacement, on a younger option than Smith.

Could see us moving for Smith though as we rarely spend fees anyway and he's a decent free.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Would you rather they waited a day or two to send a farewell message? 

If so then what difference would that make?

Your not getting my point. 

The captain of the club had to announce his own departure on Instagram. 

Do you think that should have happened?

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So you expect the club to know Bristol Post were going to put out that false story?

If the club did it tomorrow, then would that make you happier?

Not sure what difference today or tomorrow would make to be honest.

What are you talking about ? who do you think fed the story to the post in the first place ???

26 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I feel quite confident these "newspaper speculation" are true. You can even get a feel for it coming through the social media posts. Upto you to believe or not

Yes but it all started from the same source that printed the new contract for Korey story this morning which didn't age that well

16 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Lisa Knights as Head of Comms continues to serve up a shit show and PR disaster. 

This would never have happened on @AdamB's watch.

Spot on, the communication since they got rid of Adam has largely been a shambles, the social media has turned into purile drivel culminating in that God awful post trying to have a pop at Leeds at the end of the season. 

As soon as Gregors story appears the Smith farewell should have been pushed out as anyone with more than 3 braincells could see that if this was complete rubbish it would push Korey into having to say something, its hardly as if it was a heartfelt piece and took ages to compose it could have been released immediately, but as pre usually the clubs communication is amateur at best and only happens when the horse has bolted. 

3 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Your not getting my point. 

The captain of the club had to announce his own departure on Instagram. 

Do you think that should have happened?

No it shouldn't but the newspaper shouldn't have published a false story either. How the club can be held to account over that is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, semblar said:

or "don't worry, it's not what you've got, it's what you do with it...."

"let me show you the ins and outs"

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably, but not necessarily.  We announced loans on Friday, not that Nurse or Cundy we’re gonna be in 1st team plans.

I’ve heard (not reliable source) that a younger player has been released too, and a bit unexpectedly.  So only posting to say stuff might be going on without agreement of new manager.  I’m not trying to be ITK, because I’m not, but I sometimes hear things, but it’s always from a mates mate if that makes sense.

Who’s this supposed unexpected youth release?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Possibly, but by doing that they've still hung Korey out to dry and basically used him as collateral damage.

He, of all people, deserves better.

The club's borrowing a tactic from Colleen Rooney. Difficult to think how much lower they can stoop.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So you suggest that POSSIBLY there is a conspiracy that fake news is being released to Gregor McGregor just to flush a mole that probably doesn't exist.

Suddenly everyone saying "how awful" - poor Korey- disgraceful etc.

Just maybe GMcG has a crap source and will publish anything because he actually doesn't have a good relationship with BCFC so desperate for any news?

Korey had his time, was excellent until a couple of seasons ago and , under current circumstances, is not being offered a new contract. We have other midfielders who can/will step up.We move on.

Jesus do you work at the club too because you clearly possess no humility or gratitude to someone who has achieved so much for the club.

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What are you talking about ? who do you think fed the story to the post in the first place ???

What are you talking about? There's alot to criticize the club for but your just speculating that they informed Gregor that Korey was renewing his contract.

You've got no more insight then anyone else so you can't even argue that is the case.

It's more conspiracy to have a go at the club. There's plenty justified reasons on other threads to do that.

57 minutes ago, Matty Taylors a Red said:

Agreed, felt the same for a while too, but until recently you’d be lynched for saying anything anti-SL.

Admittedly he’s proved us doubters wrong quite often, he’s definitely a “safe” owner and stops us dropping to far, but overall I still feel he’s holding the club back massively. The one positive of this whole debacle is that people are starting to realise. 

Quite right. I’ve been lynched many a time by they who know best.

Stevie has been the Emperor for so so long. And I’ve been calling out his nakedness for years. And years.

Only thing he’s interested in - and I’m ok with it - is making money. To him Ashton Gate and all things Bristol City was a means to an end.

Acquire the freehold asset. Ram it full with attractions. Pile it high. Sell it cheap. Get more attractions. Increase the price. Clean up.

Like a ******* Trojan Horse.....

Just now, RedRoss said:

What are talking about? There's alot to criticize the club for but your just speculating that they informed Gregor that Korey was renewing his contract.

You've got no more insight then anyone else so you can't even argue that is the case.

It's more conspiracy to have a go at the club. There's plenty justified reasons on other threads to do that.

Yes, Gregor will have many sources.  Might have one less now ???

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

SL warned us not to get too emotionally attached to players.

Arguments on both sides re. Korey, but imo. the right time to part company.

I don't want senior players given contract extentions just because they're popular with either fans or the board.

Like Carey for instance who stayed at least a season too long.

Good luck Korey.

@Nogbad the Bad

Yep, completely agree with your points.

A fully fit Korey from a few years ago; and i would have been happy to give him a new contract.

Unfortunately he's been blighted with injuries; and is not the player he once was for us.

He may well go to another Championship team and thrive; but that's the chance you have to take. We benefited with Webster, and then lost out with Freeman. 

That's football ?

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

What are talking about? There's alot to criticize the club for but your just speculating that they informed Gregor that Korey was renewing his contract.

Accurate or not what story was fed . It was obviously fed from the club . Unless you’re suggesting Gregor just made it up . So it’s not a conspiracy at all , is it . 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Accurate or not what story was fed . It was obviously fed from the club . Unless you’re suggesting Gregor just made it up . So it’s not a conspiracy at all , is it . 

That's a naive outlook, so sports reporters or journalists only have the club to source their information from do they?

The don't consult agents, family members, friends, past associated players, past staff members, current staff members away from the hierarchy or media team, other media outlets and so many others I could suggest then?

18 minutes ago, BigTone said:

No it shouldn't but the newspaper shouldn't have published a false story either. How the club can be held to account over that is beyond me.

Are you saying the BP deliberately ran a false story?

My point, to again reiterate, is that Korey Smith shouldn’t have had to release a statement to announce his departure. It should have been done by the club irrespective of whether the BP ran an incorrect story. If, for example, the club were going to announce his departure tomorrow then that press release would have been ready to roll. So it could have been released this morning once the BP ran the story. Also, they could have spoken to Korey and agreed when the statement would be released. Clearly they didn’t. 

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

For me, the articles over the last few days on KS demonstrate quite how much Gregor is completely out of the loop over what is going on at the club.

He's kind of embarassed himself over the summer, rehashing every rumour on social media. When he is supposed to be able to get to the truth of the matter. Too many fans, have placed far too great an emphasis on what rubbish he has been spouting off; and in the process have stirred the cess pool of social media up to a crescendo.

I would imagine his credibility is shot to pieces now, amongest a number of us; and he blatantly has no sources in the club.

His appearance in RB was awful. They must have been hoping he would add clarity, but the two fans who came afterwards seemed to know more than him.

As to the issue of him bringing the club to account afterwards. I can't see it unfortunately. He will be intent on staying on their good side, praying that they let him in again.

Bring back Richard Latham i say.

Near enough everything he’s said about the manager search was spot on. Do people expect him to publish things that haven’t happened yet? It’s almost as if every journalist in the world other than him gets everything right. 

FWIW the Smith story stinks of someone giving him false information to force a statement from the club/Korey, to help him get the ball rolling on getting a new deal elsewhere

7 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

That's a naive outlook, so sports reporters or journalists only have the club to source their information from do they?

The don't consult agents, family members, friends, past associated players, past staff members, current staff members away from the hierarchy or media team, other media outlets and so many others I could suggest then?

Yes they do , but for him to be so confident in posting the story it would of come from a reliable source , hence why I’m suggesting it came from the club. Trouble for him now is , some people won’t believe a word he says from now on 

4 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Are you saying the BP deliberately ran a false story?

My point, to again reiterate, is that Korey Smith shouldn’t have had to release a statement to announce his departure. It should have been done by the club irrespective of whether the BP ran an incorrect story. If, for example, the club were going to announce his departure tomorrow then that press release would have been ready to roll. So it could have been released this morning once the BP ran the story. Also, they could have spoken to Korey and agreed when the statement would be released. Clearly they didn’t. 

Clearly they did and as I said no he shouldn't but to blame the club is laughable. Read some of my previous posts to clarify my point

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nope, Knights.

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/skys-lisa-knights-heads-up-bristol-sport-communication-team/

I suspect (from rumours) on here that this structure was a reason for Adam Baker leaving.

OK. I was going by Ashton’s announcement when Barton was appointed to replace Baker

City appoint new head of communications | Bristol City

Either way though Barton is extremely experienced (ex British Lions, England Rugby etc) so he shouldn’t be that reliant on Knights or Ashton. 

Archived