IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

OK. I was going by Ashton’s announcement when Barton was appointed to replace Baker

City appoint new head of communications | Bristol City

Either way though Barton is extremely experienced (ex British Lions, England Rugby etc) so he shouldn’t be that reliant on Knights or Ashton. 

You’re right, he shouldn’t.  My general view is that he hasn’t really captured what a football fan wants.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Yes they do , but for him to so be confident in posting the story it would of come from a reliable source , hence why I’m suggesting it came from the club. Trouble for him now is , some people won’t believe a word he says from now on 

Okay so you agree that Gregor has plenty of options he can source information from and use for his journalistic purposes but you 'obviously' know it came from the club. You can surely see the double standards you've set yourself to fit your own narrative.

You've got no idea and you know what neither have I! I'm not going to bash the club because the BP released an incorrect report on Korey prompting him to set the record straight.

I always take paper talk with a pinch of salt but when it's all you've got you take an interest so it's appealing nonetheless. Gregor will post whatever he finds out and rightly so he should that's his job. People shouldn't just believe everything they see written down regardless. More fool them if they do!

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I guess GMcG is only reporting what he is told, that’s his job. Not his fault if he is deliberately misled, maybe (not for the first time) the club is looking for who leeking info?

I think that pretty much what I said in my post, other than the club trying to find out who’s leaking information, or misinformation in this case.

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Clearly they did and as I said no he shouldn't but to blame the club is laughable. Read some of my previous posts to clarify my point

I can’t see why the Post would deliberately run a false story and lose (even more) credibility. But hey ho, we can agree to disagree!

2 hours ago, TheInsider said:

I absolutely appreciate the respect for Smith and what he has achieved here. But we need to he ruthless and we need to progress, and as stated we will not get into the playoffs if he is our number 1 go to centre midfielder.

You'll get over it. In time.

Sure I will, Lez/Londoner 

4 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

I can’t see why the Post would deliberately run a false story and lose (even more) credibility. But hey ho, we can agree to disagree!

The point is they need to check the credibility of their sources. At the end of the day they have put Korey (especially) and the club into an embarrassing situation which is uncalled for. But yes we can agree to disagree.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I actually doubt he is one of the high earners at all.

His contract history is as follows:

• signed for us in June 14 whilst we were in Lg1
  • signed a 3 year deal in July 2016 (end June 19) our first season back up.  We weren’t paying anything like the wages we are paying now
  • signed a 1 year extension in Nov 18 (end June 20) whilst injured on the same terms as his existing contract.  LJ gave it to him so he didn’t try to rush his rehab by coming back too soon to earn a new deal.

So he’s currently on the same wages as he was on in 2016.  Amongst the senior / experienced pros I suspect he is the lowest paid! 

Maybe Holden has plans for Nagy to leave, or Nagy himself?  One to wait and see.

Do you not think this may have been superseded by an amended contract on the same timeline but with a higher salary? It would be poor if not, given his service to the club.

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Bit poor that he’s had to post on social media to explain the situation.

He may not have had to but with social media being what it is felt he needed to; agree with other remarks though in that the club might have been a bit more nimble footed. We have seen they are, shall we put it politely, slow to feed information to the fan base these past few weeks.

Shall be sad to see Korey go; the last of Cotterills' promotion winning team. I can see him being a great asset to an upper half League 1 team. Thanks for the memories Korey, thanks for all those great performances, thanks for the Man Utd goal which will never be forgotten. I was lucky enough to be there that night. I am sure we shall all be watching the rest of your career from afar.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The point is they need to check the credibility of their sources. At the end of the day they have put Korey (especially) and the club into an embarrassing situation which is uncalled for. But yes we can agree to disagree.

It’s not the Post’s fault that the club have been sat on the fact that they knew Korey would be leaving for (likely) weeks rather than days, and released nothing about it.

The fact Korey posted so quickly after the news broke suggests to me he was probably fed up that nothing had been said yet, so just wanted to take control of it himself

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

It’s not the Post’s fault that the club have been sat on the fact that they knew Korey would be leaving for (likely) weeks rather than days, and released nothing about it

Well the problem is (again) we don't know all the circumstances between player and club. What is clear is that the story was bollox.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Do you not think this may have been superseded by an amended contract on the same timeline but with a higher salary? It would be poor if not, given his service to the club.

no, I genuinely don’t.  Don’t forget the contract amendment in Nov 18 was when he was injured. He didn’t return to playing until late Nov 19, even then picked up niggles.  So he returned regularly in January, when there’s little chance he’d get an amendment.

He may not have had to but with social media being what it is felt he needed to; agree with other remarks though in that the club might have been a bit more nimble footed. We have seen they are, shall we put it politely, slow to feed information to the fan base these past few weeks.

Shall be sad to see Korey go; the last of Cotterills' promotion winning team. I can see him being a great asset to an upper half League 1 team. Thanks for the memories Korey, thanks for all those great performances, thanks for the Man Utd goal which will never be forgotten.

Thanks for the memories Korey. A key part of our double winning season (the last one to leave), captained the team on many occasions, and of course I’ll never forget the winner v Man Utd. All the best for the future and hope you come back to AG one day and receive a proper thank you (like the reception Wilbs received).

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s not the Post’s fault that the club have been sat on the fact that they knew Korey would be leaving for (likely) weeks rather than days, and released nothing about it.

The fact Korey posted so quickly after the news broke suggests to me he was probably fed up that nothing had been said yet, so just wanted to take control of it himself

His post said a contract wouldn't be offered 'at this time', to me it leaves a crack of a chance, perhaps we only wanted to offer a 1 year deal and Korey is looking for longer so depending on how his talks with other clubs went he could have ended up signing on for another season. You don't do a whole big 'goodbye Korey' thing if there's a chance he ends up staying. So I'd guess our media team have been waiting on his negotiations with other clubs and if he agreed to go elsewhere we'd have got the posts/videos we've had.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

His post said a contract wouldn't be offered 'at this time', to me it leaves a crack of a chance, perhaps we only wanted to offer a 1 year deal and Korey is looking for longer so depending on how his talks with other clubs went he could have ended up signing on for another season. You don't do a whole big 'goodbye Korey' thing if there's a chance he ends up staying. So I'd guess our media team have been waiting on his negotiations with other clubs and if he agreed to go elsewhere we'd have got the posts/videos we've had.

I’d say the ‘at this time’ line is just a ‘regretfully we cant offer you anything’ angle. The fact that he was totally left out the squad for the last day, Taylor Moore’s comments on RobinsTV etc suggest it seemed pretty obvious where it was all headed. The club trying to keep it up wraps and then announce it a few days after announcing a manager to try and soften the blow a bit maybe

5 hours ago, redpole said:

I hope this isn’t true, no doubting that Korey has been great for us over the years but with Walsh,Morrell,Massengo, Nagy alongside youngsters Bakinson and Morton plus city looking to bring in a new Defensive Midfielder. I don’t see the need to keep him on, I don’t believe he is the same player he has been over the years and as one of our higher earners, I think it’s time to move him on. No time for sentiment in these times.   

Question whether Bakinson and Morton are ready yet. Another year on loan?

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I agree they need to check the credibility of their sources because they’ve been made to look silly!

If this is a tribute thread then I will say this

Our best player imo in our promotion season. Didnt get any of the glory or the attention but we really missed him when he was injured that season

Man Utd goal wow

A true gent out and about in the bars not hawking himself around unlike others with partners

Solid Champ player will be asset to any bottom half team

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I’d say the ‘at this time’ line is just a ‘regretfully we cant offer you anything’ angle. The fact that he was totally left out the squad for the last day, Taylor Moore’s comments on RobinsTV etc suggest it seemed pretty obvious where it was all headed. The club trying to keep it up wraps and then announce it a few days after announcing a manager to try and soften the blow a bit maybe

What is wrong with releasing the news after a new manager has been appointed? The only reason people are pointing the finger at the club is because of the 'esclusive' at the BP.

I'm not having a go at them either because they were fed bullshit but I can't see why the club is getting stick.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Yeah I got that from the being left out/Taylor Moore thing but wonder if that was all because of a disagreement in length/terms of contract. Guess without confirmation from either side we wouldn't know.

The way the club is being run is amateurish and disgraceful 

The communication has been poor since Baker was sacked and knights put in charge

The way we sign as many players as we can hoping one comes good is a joke there's something about throwing shit at a wall hoping something sticks springs to mind,

The chase for a manager has been a joke

We a laughing stock

Its time we did something about it

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If this is a tribute thread then I will say this

Our best player imo in our promotion season. Didnt get any of the glory or the attention but we really missed him when he was injured that season

Man Utd goal wow

A true gent out and about in the bars not hawking himself around unlike others with partners

Solid Champ player will be asset to any bottom half team

It's interesting that at 29 he should be at his peak but realistically he has always been a league 1 lower championship player in terms of quality and that is where we would expect him to end up. 

Archived