IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Surely Lansdown can see some of the big mistakes made in recruitment over the last few years and pull Ashton up on it. Some of the analysis people get sacked for it. I’m guessing , is that how it works ? 

If only there was someone in place to look at recruitment and trading beyond the pure £ signs in and out.  Someone to quantify success of each £ spent in football terms.  That’s the gap.  And that’s the critical success factor when we move out of an inflationary transfer market into one where you can’t sell a player or two totalling £20m.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Surely Lansdown can see some of the big mistakes made in recruitment over the last few years and pull Ashton up on it. Some of the analysis people get sacked for it. I’m guessing , is that how it works ? 

Perhaps but he can also see the profits made from selling players. That will make Steve's eyes light up as much as beating Man Utd!

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Fair play, particularly on the impact of the player and their family.

I seriously worry about relegation this season.

I seriously worry about it every season.  We are a club that over the past 2 seasons have been competitive and got results by fine margins.  We rarely stuff anyone, we rarely win by more than one goal in fairness.  It doesn’t take much to tip that the other way.  Look at the losing run we had under LJ, all by one goal.  Even the fine margins have fine margins.

Ashton is going nowhere, SL loves that we’re now profitable albeit only through player sales & dare I say it they are more focused on developing the machine that creates and sells players for profit that progression as a club. 

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As I said all I was trying to do was explain that decisions about players do get made without a manager being in situ. 

No you didn’t. You said you “knew” who the player was but wouldn’t cough it up until after it was announced.

Bollocks to that 

If you know something - let us know. If you know something but feel you have to keep it in confidence then:

KEEP IT IN CONFIDENCE, rather than stroking your own ego

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not at all. I’m not here to say ‘x player has left’, I’m here to say Ashton is in charge and that’s another example of such. 
I don’t want to say the players name as is not fair on him, his agent, his family, his new club etc. Just an example of Ashton’s power. 

I’m guessing Rory Holden then to Walsall on a perm !

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

No you didn’t. You said you “knew” who the player was but wouldn’t cough it up until after it was announced.

Bollocks to that 

Yes, for the reasons I stated.  The person who told me, told me the players name. I don’t know whether he’s been released or has another club.  But like lots of things we hear, you don’t know how true it is.  I was giving an example, alongside Smith, of a player alleged to have left the club with no manager in situ.

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

Jesus do you work at the club too because you clearly possess no humility or gratitude to someone who has achieved so much for the club.

So you clearly didn't read my post and missed the " Korey has been excellent". 

The fact that as I said in the same post- under current circumstances( i.e. Covid affecting every club's finances ) we have other midfielders coming through so Korey ( who has been largely out of the team for 2 seasons) is not offered a new contract. Hey ho- that's business.

Hysterical that whilst it's open season on anyone in Management or on the Board- an ageing injury prone player( however important in the past) who is not offered a new deal is an outrage to you. 

Maybe the players should face some scrutiny or is it entirely the fault of LJ, MA etc?

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Bollocks to that 

If you know something - let us know. If you know something but feel you have to keep it in confidence then:

I’ll bear that in mind in future. ??

Can see the outgoing Dave is on about being Bakinson to plymouth as they loved him and as others said, possibly pring although pring could be trial with view to loan.

bakinson hasn’t got anywhere near reckoning for our first team despite promise he has. Shame as I was or still am if I’m weong, hoping he succeeds with us 

@WolfOfWestStreet

Our midfield maybe less physical and have less height but in the modern game be all and end all? Technique and energy or physical prowess?  

I certainly think that the Championship is moving in that direction too-dont think a big man-little man combo in CM is/would be the way to go, or that and Palmer. Still quite plausible that we get outgunned/outnumbered/outmanouvered.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

@WolfOfWestStreet

Our midfield maybe less physical and have less height but in the modern game be all and end all? Technique and energy or physical prowess?  

I certainly think that the Championship is moving in that direction too-dont think a big man-little man combo in CM is/would be the way to go, or that and Palmer. Still quite plausible that we get outgunned/outnumbered/outmanouvered.

Maybe. 

They're all kids, under 5'9 and I don't really see Palmer as CM. We also don't play a technical passing game either. 

All this talk of no money and releasing a player, who if nothing else is a highly capable and combatative player of championship quality, seems odd. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That would be my gut feel too, but Walsh’s heat maps for the season show him to be more varied.

Seems potentially like an ideal candidate to play centrally in front of a midfield 2?

Can break the lines, break from deeper but the versatility can see him move back and forth more readily than say Palmer.

36 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Bollocks to that 

Yes, because one of the first words that comes to mind to describe @Davefevs is "egotistical" 

25 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Maybe. 

They're all kids, under 5'9 and I don't really see Palmer as CM. We also don't play a technical passing game either. 

All this talk of no money and releasing a player, who if nothing else is a highly capable and combatative player of championship quality, seems odd. 

Palmer definitely no CM. More of a '10'?

I think you'd need two of our CMs perhaps 3. For some games maybe 2 and Paterson. 

To go into it with just two of our genuine CMs, or two and Palmer- that isn't working IMO!

I should add as well, timing of it with the cash as you say. Smith alongside two of the others could've been interesting I think. Bit of experience and yeah when fit, good player.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, because one of the first words that comes to mind to describe @Davefevs is "egotistical" 

I use to play football with favs and he definitely thought he was Virgil as a CH, so get the ego comment. Seriously though a more honest and straight forward guy you couldn’t meet and he’s just respecting confidentiality. Keep going Fevs as love the posts but sort those graphs out as make no sense!

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Id try and get rid of Nagy and hopefully bring in a new one. If possible.

Hard to say IMO playing in the shape we often do. Goes for many of our players tbh!

As for Korey. Surprised in some ways but injuries probably stalled him. In this climate though replacing him may not be easy!

22 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I use to play football with favs and he definitely thought he was Virgil as a CH, so get the ego comment. Seriously though a more honest and straight forward guy you couldn’t meet and he’s just respecting confidentiality. Keep going Fevs as love the posts but sort those graphs out as make no sense!

Yeah, but you meant Virgil from the Thunderbirds more than likely. ?

Would be interested to see a 4-4-2 with narrow diamond in midfield.

joe morrell heat map suggests he plays a lot left side of Cm.

walsh plays a lot right side of Cm.

massengo could be utilised as the screen infromt of defence to break up play and stop the ball carriers running straight at the defence.

palmer then would sit at the top of the diamond behind Wells and one other whoever that may be.

leaving a back 4 of Dasilva, moore, kalas and vyner.

Just now, BOSRed said:

massengo could be utilised as the screen infromt of defence to break up play and stop the ball carriers running straight at the defence.

palmer then would sit at the top of the diamond behind Wells and one other whoever that may be.

Quite exciting and scary at the same time to field that team next season

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

Ignoring the personnel for a moment, I’ve thought that a 4312 with a narrow 3 could work.  That 3, if one plays deeper becomes a deeper / fat bottomed diamond, if that makes sense.

Either that a 4321.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Ignoring the personnel for a moment, I’ve thought that a 4312 with a narrow 3 could work.  That 3, if one plays deeper becomes a deeper / fat bottomed diamond, if that makes sense.

Either that a 4321.

Still feel we need a strong, physical player in there somewhere

43 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If you are in the know - and this includes you - don’t feed the frenzy that goes on on this forum unless you cough it all up. Don’t hint at something then back off. That’s what starts all the drama off

Say it or shut up. Fair enough surely? Otherwise you wind people up.

Archived