IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

Gutted we didn't offer him a contract as I loved him. Can fully understand why though. Two serious injuries in the two seasons before hand, younger promising central midfielders coming back from loans/ Williams made available due to Wigan's circumstances. If we gave him another 2 year deal and he got another serious injury while Walsh for example was on loan doing the business at Championship level for Coventry the club would be getting slammed for their decision making then too. 

Enjoyed watching Smith on Saturday too, he did well.

23 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

That’s it. That’s the thread. Let the heart beat of our club go for nothing, replace with Brunt (:laugh:). Spineless. 

For the millionth time Williams was his replacement, not Brunt.

Really sad that people repeatedly make this point to have a dig at Brunt, who may not have worked out but has been available far more often than Williams or Walsh.

In the last 2 seasons Korey started 19/46 and 3/46, well done you if you knew he would have an injury free season, I didn’t.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Played through the restart last season risking injury knowing he wouldn’t be getting a new deal. Had to get someone to sabotage Bristol post to announce him leaving as the club were taking so long. Says it all really. 

It’s horrific if that’s true. Would walk into this team, and his character off the pitch was maybe even more valuable. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

For the millionth time Williams was his replacement, not Brunt.

Really sad that people repeatedly make this point to have a dig at Brunt, who may not have worked out but has been available far more often than Williams or Walsh.

In the last 2 seasons Korey started 19/46 and 3/46, well done you if you knew he would have an injury free season, I didn’t.

This isn’t football manager, players don’t just replace “like for like”.  Smith should’ve easily been retained, knowing how compacted this season is going to be, the fact he can play multiple positions, is a top guy off the pitch, it’s character as much as anything. 

Btw, your point re the injury makes no sense. 

14 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

This isn’t football manager, players don’t just replace “like for like”.  Smith should’ve easily been retained, knowing how compacted this season is going to be, the fact he can play multiple positions, is a top guy off the pitch, it’s character as much as anything. 

Btw, your point re the injury makes no sense. 

I made it because that is why we let him go, based largely on his availability record over the last 2 seasons.

We brought in Williams, recalled Walsh & at the time Morrell, too.

The first was nothing more than a 3 yard pass and an amazing curled effort. Hard to call it an assist. 
the 2nd however, wow what a cross. 
But hes playing most weeks and proving us massively wrong to let him go!

Hindsight yes, but a poor move by the club ( although we couldnt have known the injuries we were going to get!). 

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Believe he’s playing further forward for Swansea than he did for us. Which I believe is where he started for Norwich, almost a number 10 if you like. Good player at this level & currently better than what we kept imo. Really top bloke. COYR 

Has it escaped your attention that he has played nearly as many games in this half-season for Swansea as he did in 2 seasons here- due to fitness differences!

46 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Apparently two tremendous assists to see off Watford. Oh well, what we would pay to have him back right now

A bit less than half what we have and are coughing up for Brunty, 'amp. Thereabouts. I think. You'd best ask the numbers guys on here though, although I find its better not knowing these things ....

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Has it escaped your attention that he has played nearly as many games in this half-season for Swansea as he did in 2 seasons here- due to fitness differences!

Or perhaps different medical teams and surfaces...

Archived