IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

15 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Seems like those of us who thought we were mad to let him go were spot on. 

Someone has clearly been desperate to raise this point since August...going back over old comments to put a laughing emoji to try point score seems a little childish but each to their own I guess. Not sure what made you laugh so much but surely you realise people will have a difference of opinion to you and the whole point of a forum is to discuss those points rather than try to use past comments and hindsight to try use it as an 'I told you so' for some kind of personal gratification? 

I am interested to know though why you feel you are spot on? Obviously easy to say now given the circumstances and with the benefit of hindsight isn't it?

Just now, Taylor10 said:

Someone has clearly been desperate to raise this point since August...going back over old comments to put a laughing emoji to try point score seems a little childish but each to their own I guess. Not sure what made you laugh so much but surely you realise people will have a difference of opinion to you and the whole point of a forum is to discuss those points rather than try to use past comments and hindsight to try use it as an 'I told you so' for some kind of personal gratification? 

I am interested to know though why you feel you are spot on? Obviously easy to say now given the circumstances and with the benefit of hindsight isn't it?

I’m not just saying it now with hindsight though. Said it at the time with foresight. 

Dont see a problem with reminding people with what was said.  

32 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

He’s always been the same. Was the same when he was RedDave...

He’s his own biggest fan.

3 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Ive been saying for a long time that someone needs to do an independent assessment on our injury/fitness/conditioning set up or is the new Ashton Gate cursed!!!! 

Yep. And someone should be looking at why they want to play an 11 v 11 training game when they have a few days without a game!

2 hours ago, redsocks said:

Said all along should not have got rid of him.williams signing is a joke,Walsh is a joke played all last season not this.injurys are crippling this club.feel sorry for Holden as all the players missing is not his fault.fair play to Smith he could be playing in the prem next year along with all the others we have got rid of over the last few seasons.now who can we blame for that.??

Swansea don't strike me as a top 2 side. Of course, we can guarantee he'd be mostly fit had he stayed can we?? He had an availablility in the League of say 25-40% range in 2018/19 and 2019/20- this season it's been 90%! That's over two seasons combined, averaged- didn't he get injured v Reading on his comeback or not so long after in April 2019?

He has played nearly as many games this season, ie the first half season, as he did in the last two combined.

Why is Williams signing a joke? Only injury makes it so. I think him and Walsh would be good additions to the midfield if fit to name 2- I agree, injuries are crippling this club and have been for several seasons now- how unlucky are we!

The financial landscape is partly to blame tbh.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Swansea don't strike me as a top 2 side. Of course, we can guarantee he'd be mostly fit had he stayed can we?? He had an availablility in the League of say 25-40% range- this season it's been 90%!

He has played nearly as many games this season, ie the first half season, as he did in the last two combined.

Why is Williams signing a joke? Only injury makes it so.

I suggest you read the accounts and financial regulations, landscape, factor in parachute payments, the necessity to trade and then this will enable you to take a fuller view.

Better yet, read the Finances thread- your contributions would be interesting.

Regard Korey I think it’s pretty safe to say that if we wanted to keep him we could have afforded it no problems -  if we hadn’t signed Brunt for example. Yes hindsight is great of course but if you’d say to many ‘Brunt or Korey’ before hand I’m sure many would’ve chosen Korey. I found it really odd at the time that Holden wanted to get rid of one of the most experienced heads in the dressing room but I’m guessing it was part of a ‘clean sweep’ for Holden. I certainly wasn’t up in arms about the decision but was gutted at the time but I think the other deals such as Brunt have put getting rid of Korey in a much lesser light.  

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Regard Korey I think it’s pretty safe to say that if we wanted to keep him we could have afforded it no problems -  if we hadn’t signed Brunt for example. Yes hindsight is great of course but if you’d say to many ‘Brunt or Korey’ before hand I’m sure many would’ve chosen Korey. I found it really odd at the time that Holden wanted to get rid of one of the most experienced heads in the dressing room but I’m guessing it was part of a ‘clean sweep’ for Holden. I certainly wasn’t up in arms about the decision but was gutted at the time but I think the other deals such as Brunt have put getting rid of Korey in a much lesser light.  

I agree with a decent proportion but I wonder how much Swansea were offering as well?

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Swansea don't strike me as a top 2 side. Of course, we can guarantee he'd be mostly fit had he stayed can we?? He had an availablility in the League of say 25-40% range in 2018/19 and 2019/20- this season it's been 90%! That's over two seasons combined, averaged- didn't he get injured v Reading on his comeback or not so long after in April 2019?

Why is Williams signing a joke? Only injury makes it so. I think him and Walsh would be good additions to the midfield if fit to name 2- I agree, injuries are crippling this club and have been for several seasons now- how unlucky are we!

The financial landscape is partly to blame tbh.

Less than 25% availability overall for those 2 seasons.

Refreshingly, just for once, the club was strong enough not to offer another contract for sentimental reasons to a popular but ever unavailable player.

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Less than 25% availability overall for those 2 seasons.

Refreshingly, just for once, the club was strong enough not to offer another contract for sentimental reasons to a popular but ever unavailable player.

I was probably being generous and optimistic with 25-40%!

It's sods law isn't it though, that those we intended to replace him have not been available at all and he has been doing well for Swansea, with 90% or thereabouts availability- I somehow think had he remained here he wouldn't have been available as often.

Edit- just checked. 22 starts, 5 sub appearances in two full seasons.

Vs

19 starts and 2 sub appearances in one half season.

9 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Let’s not forget we have Williams and Walsh, who needs Korey.  He was always injured anyway 

The irony of your post  ........ brilliant

Korey Smith more than proven in Championship

Walsh not and now a permanent sick note, and likely to dissapear into the mist come June 

Williams , to some degree , but now a permannent sick note  (The number on here who predict what a difference Williams will make , he might do - but Id Hazzard a guess that most wont have seen him more than 2 or 3 times at most)

40 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He’s always been the same. Was the same when he was RedDave...

He’s his own biggest fan.

What happens is I make a statement on OTIB and get aubergines and stick. Time passes and generally I’m proved correct. I then mention that the stick was unjustified and get more stick! 

Was a lone voice in saying the Wells signing wouldn’t work out as well. Gave reasons why but was a still given loads of stick as posted among a load of people loving the signing. Most would say that signing hasn’t worked out for reasons I said it wouldn’t 

You say I’m my own biggest fan which isn’t true, there are many posters I respect. You are actually one of them....shame it’s not mutual! What I can’t stand is the posters who dish out stick and then go don’t like it when you shine a light on it six months later. 

1 hour ago, Taylor10 said:

not really though. this like cutting off your right hand and then saying “bugger, I guess in hindsight I shouldn’t have done that. oh well.”

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m not just saying it now with hindsight though. Said it at the time with foresight. 

Dont see a problem with reminding people with what was said.  

I’m not disputing what you said back in August though? I am asking what makes you ‘spot on’ with what you have said? Barely half a season gone and you are using hindsight to push your opinion against anyone’s well balanced arguments that were in favour of letting Korey go initially because you are a big fan of his.

There is no problem reminding people of past comments if you have the time to trawl back over old posts. That’s up to you, but at least clarify why these said posts are so incorrect and yours are so ‘spot on’.

6 minutes ago, Greedo said:

not really though. this like cutting off your right hand and then saying “bugger, I guess in hindsight I shouldn’t have done that. oh well.”

Is it though? For a player that was available for less than 25% of matches in the last two seasons? Strange analogy that doesn’t really stack up with the situation at the time or even the situation now.

Was anyone unhppy when we had a fit, full midfield that blended experience (Nagy, Brunt), youth (Walsh, Massengo), Creativity (Pato, CoDfather), energy and running (Weimann) with exciting additions (williams) that we let Korey and Palmer leave? I dont think so

Anyone see Ayling having another total mare for Leeds this weekend. I can accept, that with hindsight, it wasnt right that Lee groomed two EPL players like Bobby and Josh to let them go without replacements but this constant harking back to Ayling and Smith is tiresmome - LJ produced and developed players to an amazing standard that we wont see for some years to come but we have got new coaches that will learn their trade with us

28 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What happens is I make a statement on OTIB and get aubergines and stick. Time passes and generally I’m proved correct. I then mention that the stick was unjustified and get more stick! 

Was a lone voice in saying the Wells signing wouldn’t work out as well. Gave reasons why but was a still given loads of stick as posted among a load of people loving the signing. Most would say that signing hasn’t worked out for reasons I said it wouldn’t 

You say I’m my own biggest fan which isn’t true, there are many posters I respect. You are actually one of them....shame it’s not mutual! What I can’t stand is the posters who dish out stick and then go don’t like it when you shine a light on it six months later. 

Mods, can we have the aubergine emoji back please? :whistle2:

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s how you come across when trying to make your point. The “I told you so” posts which usually come from you I have noticed, are just unnecessary.

21 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Apparently two tremendous assists to see off Watford. Oh well, what we would pay to have him back right now

16 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Was anyone unhppy when we had a fit, full midfield that blended experience (Nagy, Brunt), youth (Walsh, Massengo), Creativity (Pato, CoDfather), energy and running (Weimann) with exciting additions (williams) that we let Korey and Palmer leave? I dont think so

Anyone see Ayling having another total mare for Leeds this weekend. I can accept, that with hindsight, it wasnt right that Lee groomed two EPL players like Bobby and Josh to let them go without replacements but this constant harking back to Ayling and Smith is tiresmome - LJ produced and developed players to an amazing standard that we wont see for some years to come but we have got new coaches that will learn their trade with us

You appear confused and change your mind , all within 21hrs

Wow

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - obviously we would have kept Smith if we knew what we were going to be facing this season with injuries but nobody had a crystal ball.
Williams was on paper clearly an upgrade on Smith, I’ve been hugely critical of the board and DH this season but its just plain stupid to have a pop at them over letting Korey Smith go.. he was done at this club and it was time for both parties to move on.
Its just been painfully unlucky the injuries we have had as with a fully fit midfield Korey Smith would have been forgotten by now.

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think he’s still grieving over Lee

May take years 

Thats the same Lee who assembled this squad over 4 1/2 yrs  , which remarkably doesn’t contain a pair of players that work well together !

Some legacy

Weimann-Afobe-Palmer triangle early last season? Granted when Afobe injured it began to fall away. We didn't have enough possession or control for my liking though/

IF fit, could a Walsh-Williams- and one of Nagy/Bakinson and I suppose if desperate, Massengo trio not have its uses? 

How about DaSilva on the left side with Paterson in front- thinking a 3-4-2-1 in some ways, DaSilva LWB and Paterson left of the 2- has Hunt-Weimann not got something that could work on the right? Or a 4-3-2-1.

I think there are combinations that could work in that squad, if fit. Weimann and Wells at Middlesbrough last season? Mawson and Kalas or Baker as a pair- again if fit.

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s how you come across when trying to make your point. The “I told you so” posts which usually come from you I have noticed, are just unnecessary.

No more unnecessary than the nonsense that gets directed at me for giving an opinion against the main. If people weren’t so cocky in rubbishing my opinion at the time then I wouldn’t need to bring stuff up months later! 

2 hours ago, Super said:

Him and Brownhill are miles better than what we currently have.

Pointless even bringing up Brownhill - the club couldn’t stand in the way of him getting his move to the Premier League. As for Smith as @Nogbad the Bad has already pointed out he couldn’t get in the team for the most part of the last 2 seasons so the time was right to get rid in the summer. You can’t knock Ashton or Holden for it IMO.

Just now, bris red said:

Pointless even bringing up Brownhill - the club couldn’t stand in the way of him getting his move to the Premier League. As for Smith as @Nogbad the Bad has already pointed out he couldn’t get in the team for the most part of the last 2 seasons so the time was right to get rid in the summer. You can’t knock Ashton or Holden for it IMO.

Couldn’t get in the team ?

When was this

Or do you mean when he was injured ?

Not the same thing is it

Archived