IGNORED

Korey Smith

Red Army 75

22 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It’s a shambles that our longest serving player is going because a manager hasn’t been there to make a decision on him. Whether or not he should’ve been kept on is irrelevant, so poor.

Assuming the Head Coach has much of a say in these things.

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t really buy that. The news broke Friday, it’s not hard to then get someone to publish a statement soon afterwards. It’s not as if it’s just some media exec is the only person who has a login to the club socials and websites.

Korey would’ve been told he wouldn’t be getting a contract long before today. It’s an absolute mess from top to bottom. 

I think it’s worth noting that in his statement he said that the club aren’t able to offer him a contract “at this time”. Certainly makes it seem like they hadn’t ruled the possibility out to him, i.e if a new manager wanted to keep him on. But because they’ve made such a hash of that he’s been strung along with it. 

23 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Someone at the club is definitely feeding BS to McGregor, this farce this morning has made him look a right moron. Maybe this isn’t the only BS he’s been fed.

I guess GMcG is only reporting what he is told, that’s his job. Not his fault if he is deliberately misled, maybe (not for the first time) the club is looking for who leeking info?

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Possibly, but by doing that they've still hung Korey out to dry and basically used him as collateral damage.

He, of all people, deserves better.

Indeed. The club likes to talk about the values it expects players to live by but that doesn't seem to apply to the senior management of the club.

23 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That’s an assumption. He is nearly 30 - had two serious injuries. It’s likely the decision was made a while ago not to give him a new deal.

No idea how that’s an assumption. He is a player who can clearly be trusted at this level, and is a huge presence at the club in a wider context. None of that is an assumption.

the club feeding the local press nonsense is a such a bad thing, it’s toxic. Gregor and co will now look for retaliation in some manner, it all gets a bit messy. 

I wonder if the Hughton “done deal” headlines in the national press were correct, however his people leaking it was then viewed as a problem and we then went to a more trusted person to take the role, someone who won’t “leak” the BS corporate mantra. 

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Possibly, but by doing that they've still hung Korey out to dry and basically used him as collateral damage.

I actually think he is better off away from our club. What a sad state of affairs.

For me, the articles over the last few days on KS demonstrate quite how much Gregor is completely out of the loop over what is going on at the club.

He's kind of embarassed himself over the summer, rehashing every rumour on social media. When he is supposed to be able to get to the truth of the matter. Too many fans, have placed far too great an emphasis on what rubbish he has been spouting off; and in the process have stirred the cess pool of social media up to a crescendo.

I would imagine his credibility is shot to pieces now, amongest a number of us; and he blatantly has no sources in the club.

His appearance in RB was awful. They must have been hoping he would add clarity, but the two fans who came afterwards seemed to know more than him.

As to the issue of him bringing the club to account afterwards. I can't see it unfortunately. He will be intent on staying on their good side, praying that they let him in again.

Bring back Richard Latham i say.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The club better have some mad transfers lined up. Cause atm our midfield is very young, we’ve lost both our captains in one window and we have a head coach who’s never managed before ?

4 captains in one season, with Pack, Brownhill, Wright and Smith. Huge leadership void.

If this is the end of Korey's time with us the a massive thanks to Korey for what he's done in his time here, to come back from not one but two big injuries takes a lot and he always gave his all, always seemed a great leader as well. Hope he gets picked up by someone else soon.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was just about to post the same, if they have chosen to do this with our longest serving player, who must be going through a really difficult time right now; relocation, having to find a school for his son at such short notice etc.. is absolutely disgusting.

Regardless of whether they’ve used this to flush out a leak or not, for the club to make no formal announcement or statement is equally disgraceful.

What a classless, bunch of ***** we now have running our club. 

It’s not acceptable. We have to make a stand, hold them to account and start to claim back some control. The fans need to ensure some kind of morality is reinstalled before we all fall out of love with this club. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So you suggest that POSSIBLY there is a conspiracy that fake news is being released to Gregor McGregor just to flush a mole that probably doesn't exist.

Suddenly everyone saying "how awful" - poor Korey- disgraceful etc.

Just maybe GMcG has a crap source and will publish anything because he actually doesn't have a good relationship with BCFC so desperate for any news?

Korey had his time, was excellent until a couple of seasons ago and , under current circumstances, is not being offered a new contract. We have other midfielders who can/will step up.We move on.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So you suggest that POSSIBLY there is a conspiracy that fake news is being released to Gregor McGregor just to flush a mole that probably doesn't exist.

Wouldn't be the first time we've done it

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

We are currently being run by a bunch of ***** 

Conversely too many people believe the crap being published by an absolute rag of a newspaper and it's out of touch Journalist. Said fans then inundate social media with unsubstantiated rumours and the whole lot blows out of proportion. So much so the player himself has to advise the correct circumstances.

53 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I'd rather he has no character but was a better player.

May look ok for us a times but compared to the best midfielders in the Championship, he is average.

If he can settle down after his injuries he will be fine. He is very reliable as a player and as a character and can make others play better.  When some of our other midfield players falter - Korey will still strut his stuff.

9 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

For me, the articles over the last few days on KS demonstrate quite how much Gregor is completely out of the loop over what is going on at the club.

I disagree. He was the only person saying Hughton wasn't a done deal, which was right.

How do you think journalists work? They need sources. Bristol City more than ever keep things under wraps, how do you think he can get to the truth of the matter? He has to work on hunches and sources. Some may be wrong but he's normally pretty level headed.

Archived