IGNORED

Doug Harman ?

Roadrunner

5 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I have been giving SL,JL and MA a hard time over the new manager appointment. But what of Doug Harman the fourth board member. Has anyone got any insight into how he fits into all this.

Do you realise that you have just invited the less positive posters on this forum to confirm their belief that DH is a terrible evil gnome who is helping MA, SL and JL plot the downfall of our long suffering club. I've heard a rumour that he wants us to merge with the gas.

23 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I have been giving SL,JL and MA a hard time over the new manager appointment. But what of Doug Harman the fourth board member. Has anyone got any insight into how he fits into all this.

Of Course.

He, along with MA & JL listens, considers, voices his opinion, then agrees wholeheartedly with what SL decides.

30 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

It’s a closed shop. No matter what gets said publicly, they all just nod and say yes Mr Lansdown . It’s a dictatorship . If he sought advise , he would of had a proper DOF In place years ago  . He’s proved time and again , he’s a brilliant businessman but knows sod all about football 

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

How do you know this? Or is this just more of your anti Lansdown drivel?

He owns 98% of the club. Which part of "He can do whatever he wants" don't you understand in this context? 

Harman has hardly any involvement in the day-to-day running of the club. He was a book-keeper but no idea what, if anything, he does now. 

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Always assumed he was a long term City fan, but according to a recent post on here apparently not.

Pretty sure at one time he used to sign banning order letters from the club (not that I've received one!) but apart from that he seems to keep a low profile.

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Do you realise that you have just invited the less positive posters on this forum to confirm their belief that DH is a terrible evil gnome who is helping MA, SL and JL plot the downfall of our long suffering club. I've heard a rumour that he wants us to merge with the gas.

th.jpeg-1.jpg

I can remember SL saying, at a fans meeting before an away match, that he likes things to be run by a committee. A committee of one, where he is the only member. He owns the club so he can do as he wishes. If I’d put as much money as him into Bristol City I’d do the same 

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s proved time and again , he’s a brilliant businessman but knows sod all about football 

Good, because football is a billion pound business so we should be thankful we’ve got one of the best. 

Hopefully he keeps away from team talks and tactics but I’ve no issue with him addressing players in a ‘man management’ style to encourage the best out of the clubs valuable assets. 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He owns 98% of the club. Which part of "He can do whatever he wants" don't you understand in this context? 

Harman has hardly any involvement in the day-to-day running of the club. He was a book-keeper but no idea what, if anything, he does now. 

A bit like the chairman then? ?

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So he doesn’t employ anybody underneath him then? He does everything does he? And in the Rugby? And in his business’?

Major signing off of big decisions / investments yes - Dictatorship no

Archived